“Adequate, that's all” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #81 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Taylors
“Adequate, that's all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Decent stay overall, FRI - SUN.

1. Breakfast had good variety, but waffle irons didn't work and sausages were overcooked.
2. Bed needs updating, I felt the springs. Not comfortable.
3. I requested no mid-stay cleaning but went to get more soap. Lady asked me to tell her manager that she had cleaned my room if asked. Not sure why, but is seemed unethical to me.
4. Staff seems overworked. A young lady who seemed to be some sort of supervisor behind the check-in counter was in the breakfast room next day taking care of business, I could hear her complaining to a co-worker in front of guests. She did not seem friendly or go out of her way to welcome guests or even establish eye contact and smile.

The view is outstanding. One side is over nice gardens and old spanish style architecture. Other side is over the runway, which is great if you enjoy watching planes take off and land.

The room was clean and adequate. They have tried to make a rather old hotel into something fairly welcoming. The lobby was very busy and unwelcoming, but the rooms were good.

I was impressed with the speed of the Wi-Fi, which tested both times over 3.0 MBPS.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jamie T

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your comments are appreciated and will be shared with the staff in an effort t to improve our service. I sincerely hope you will visit us again when in the area.

Sincerly

Frank Molina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed at the Clarion near the Miami Hotel on a long layover, hoping to check in early as requested 5-6 days earlier. Normally I've never had an issue checking in early with any other establishment, however they made us wait nearly 6 hours in the lobby, giving multiple other guests early check in and shutting us out. This would not have prompted me to write the review had I not had such an unfortunate experience with their Shuttle Service.

They have a convenient airport shuttle leaving every 30 minutes. However it is not convenient when they show up 10 minutes late after you've waited 45 minutes due to the prior shuttle being too full. When they finally do show up, they did not announce they we're leaving, and quickly snuck in and out of the shuttle only to speed off without ANY passengers. I complained to the other shuttle driver only for him to say he couldn't get ahold of the driver, and to talk with management who were already dealing with a line of 30 customers...

I am not going to go into detail the loud Maids and service people slamming doors in the hallways, blaring music and yelling. Yes, their own staff. Place is used up and messy. No one is helpful or willing.

Will not recommend nor stay at ever. I have frequent layovers in Miami, and this was purchased at a good rate. Ill stick with Hotel Aladdin or the Extended Stay.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest

Please let me apologize for the service you received during your stay. It is not the policy of the hotel to make a guest wait for a room. Early check in is based on room availability. I am not sure what the situation was in your case as I have no way to confirm your identity and research. The hotel industry in South Florida is extremely busy from November to April, making early check -in difficult on certain days of the week. We provide rooms to our guest throughout the day as they become available.

Our Shuttle runs every 30 minutes to and from the airport, we have 26 passenger vehicles and normally we have no issues with the service. We provide this free to the guest on a first come first serve basis. We have three vans and are capable of taking 78 passengers at once. I am sorry you had a problem; I will research what exactly happen and fix it.
All of your comments will be passed on to the staff and in effort to improved the service we provide to our guest. I thank you for taking the time to write the review.

south coast UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Visited before when the Comfort Inn, it's recently been rebranded as a Clarion hotel and been given a lick of paint and tidy up.
Had a high room overlooking the airport (nice view) which was spacious and comfortable, I dont think any major alterations have been made to the decor/rooms but it all looks cleaner and more appealing.
Staff were friendly & welcoming, quick and easy check in.
I didnt make use of the airport shuttle as I had my own transport and parking for the car is easy and free.
Not a huge amount in the near area regards walking to somewhere to eat but I felt safe in the area after dark - a car will give you more options and with it you are fairly well placed to get to the larger shopping malls to the west of the airport.
The breakfast buffet was pretty poor - unappealing looking basic food with limited choice and what seemed to be a poor layout meaning that everyone bunched into a small area and it backed up quickly.
Free wifi useful but it was a little slow and sporadic.
So, still good overall value and close to the airport on the northside, I think it can still safely be recommended.

Room Tip: High rooms facing south provide panoramic views of the airport if thats your thing, not particularly...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
Frank M, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Twixle

Thank you for your review, I am glad you enjoyed the new look , We have redone the interior of the rooms with all new furniture, TV’s, Carpet , Paint, lamps and art work. In April when the occupancy is lower we will be replacing the vanities and bathroom mirrors. We are also looking at painting the outside of the building very soon. The breakfast is deluxe continental, the scramble eggs, bacon, sausage, and potatoes. really give it an upgrade to the basic muffins, bagels and cereal. I will pass your comments to the staff in our next meeting so that we can improve our service. We hope to see you again soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Quite impressed with this hotel, right down the street from the airport, and within 15 minutes give or take from downtown Miami beach. The rooms are very nice and large, with refrigerators only on the 9th floor and up, which is the main reason I did not mark this hotel a 5 as excellent. I prefer lower floors but for some reason the hotel only provides them on a higher floor, which I have no idea why, but for one night stayer on a higher floor wasnàt bad.
The hotel has free internet with a printer hooked up, and a large hot breakfast in the morning, if I could make a suggestion get there early because quite a line of folks later in the morning.
Not much in walking distance but if you have a car, gas stations and a few fast food down the street.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for a great review, The staff and I are very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when in the area.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Now a Clarion ,hotel was very comfortable ,only used the restaurant for breakfast,a few hot items and cereal,waffle,bagels,toast etc,went to the toms nfl bar which is a few mins away along with a IHOP and mcdonalds, was on the 11th floor which has a great view of the runway if you like aircraft,odd number rooms,required.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Dear Steven

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your comments. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again when in the area.

High Point, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I would have given it a very good if breakfast buffet was better. We stayed here before leaving for our cruise. We were going to rent a car, but ended up walking where we needed to go. On that walk we found Tom's NFL American Bar which was awesome. Did a review on that. Probably not for someone who wants to be right there is South Beach. You will need a car for that or taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a updated room on a higher floor facing the airport. Very nice at day and esp. nights to wat...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Frank M, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Tanya

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I have to agree with you about Toms NFL American Grill. It’s a great place. I am sorry you did not enjoy our breakfast service; we have Eggs, Muffins, Potatoes, waffles, bacon, Sausage, cereal, juice, mike, yogurt, and fruit. Not sure how to make it better, however I will take a good hard look and see if I can improve on what se offer. I am glad you enjoyed our renovated room and we hope to see you again when in the area.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was a business stop over and was just average. Shuttle from the airport took only a few minutes and was handy. The hotel has just been renamed and very much a transit hotel. Room was alright but nothing special. Internet room and gym were on the ground floor but did not use either. A well stocked shop but no bar or food. Breakfast was basic and in a very austere room. Overall once again it did the job and the price was decent.

Room Tip: The room was well insulated and no noise from the airport. Outside covered area for smokers.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Frank M, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Norman

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I appreciate your comments and will share them with the staff so that we can improve the overall guest experience. We look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future

Frank Molina

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!