“Airline vouchers are not cracked up to be what they should be.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #89 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Pearland, Texas
“Airline vouchers are not cracked up to be what they should be.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed here because American Airlines had delays. If I had arrived earlier, I would have paid for another hotel even though I was just spending about 7 hours at the hotel. Staff was great. The hotel is old, smelly, shower water is warm, air condition at lowest feels like 74 degrees. Old mechanical room door left open. Felt like I was in a haunted house. Room looks modern but looks are deceiving. Shame on American Airlines and Clarion hotel for deceiving and treating a customer in such a poor manner. Clarion will never get my business because I don't know what to expect from city to city. Very disappointed after a day of traveling.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Covington, KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Just needed a place to stay for one night before an early morning flight out of Miami. The room was clean, comfortable, and surprisingly quiet given it's proximity to the airport. The room, which included breakfast, and a free shuttle to the airport, was a good value for the money.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

this hotel has changed for the better from the comfort inn & SUITES, been painted and rooms have been done, even though it faces airport it is very quiet, some good eating places near by and a good pub 300yds from hotel with a 5am closing time, takes minutes to get to airport with shuttle and down town not to far, in the tower floor 8 bedrooms have fridge and micro waves and 9th floor the suites and very large, has onsite washing facilities shop and bar area , buffet breakfast is good, car hire on premises and shop.

Room Tip: there is a tower building goes up to 9 floors so 8th and 9th very good and adjacent building of 5 fl...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2014

It was a rainy night in Miami and in looking for a hotel to stay in we picked this Comfort Inn near the airport. I was skeptical at first when my working partner said airport, I was thinking that we would never get any rest with all the planes coming in and taking off. I, however, was proven wrong. When you first arrive to the area you are thinking this looks sketchy, but the hotel is very nice. The check in went well and when they say suites, they mean suites!! This room had 2 queen beds, a sofa, chair, small microwave, std chest of drawers and a very nice size TV. This room was HUGE! The only reason I give it 4 out of 5 stars is due to the area. This hotel is really for anyone flying into or looking for a stay before flying out of Miami, however, I would not hesitate to take my family here if I were passing through,

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Palm Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

I chose this last minute as a place to catch some sleep after a long international flight. It fit the bill perfectly. Close to the airport, free parking. They now call themselves "Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport" instead of Comfort Inn. It's an old building, but inside looks updated and the rooms were quite nice, although there are some scratches & patch-jobs evident from prior wear and tear. The front desk clerk that check me in was extremely pleasant and friendly. I had trouble getting my room keys to work, so when I went back down, another clerk reprogrammed my keys and happily came up with me with a master to ensure I could get into my room. I had a top floor room that directly overlooked the MIA runway. Windows were double paned, so I really didn't hear much after I passed out. Carpet looked new and relatively clean. The shower / small tub combo looked a little worn and discolored, but that was really the only negative I saw. The rest of the room was great. Pillows weren't too hard, and comforter was great. Nice TV. I wished there were some disposable paper cups in the room, but I only found glass ones (I never trust the cleanliness of non-disposable glasses). Breakfast is complimentary, but I checked out before 6am so I don't know how that is.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor. Half of the hotel directly faces the runway, but the windows are thick. So, th...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2014

I just stayed here for a few hours after American Airlines messed up my return flight terribly. They offer free shuttles from the airport, which is nice. The night manager was nice enough and set me up in a room but incorrectly told me I'd need to leave the hotel (which is about 5 min from the airport) 2 hours before my flight was to depart. The hours of their restaurant/lounge are not conducive to those like me who ended up stranded and hungry at late hours of the night with the need to leave very early in the morning. When I went down to the ride for the airport in the morning, a shuttle bus driver was there waiting but he wouldn't let me on the shuttle. Instead, he told me to wait outside in the humid 90 degree weather. His friend then came and they decided to go for a ride around the block before coming back to pick up passengers. I got stuck here but, given the choice, I wouldn't pay for this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Sayreville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Although the room was nice and the bathroom was updated, the room was no very clean. There were crumbs on the couch and next to it on the carpet, some food stains on the blanket on the bed but the worst part was that the shower had someone's hair all over the walls. It was hanging there in clumps. Really grossed me out.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!