“Nice & Quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Savannah, Georgia
“Nice & Quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

It was a rainy night in Miami and in looking for a hotel to stay in we picked this Comfort Inn near the airport. I was skeptical at first when my working partner said airport, I was thinking that we would never get any rest with all the planes coming in and taking off. I, however, was proven wrong. When you first arrive to the area you are thinking this looks sketchy, but the hotel is very nice. The check in went well and when they say suites, they mean suites!! This room had 2 queen beds, a sofa, chair, small microwave, std chest of drawers and a very nice size TV. This room was HUGE! The only reason I give it 4 out of 5 stars is due to the area. This hotel is really for anyone flying into or looking for a stay before flying out of Miami, however, I would not hesitate to take my family here if I were passing through,

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Palm Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I chose this last minute as a place to catch some sleep after a long international flight. It fit the bill perfectly. Close to the airport, free parking. They now call themselves "Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport" instead of Comfort Inn. It's an old building, but inside looks updated and the rooms were quite nice, although there are some scratches & patch-jobs evident from prior wear and tear. The front desk clerk that check me in was extremely pleasant and friendly. I had trouble getting my room keys to work, so when I went back down, another clerk reprogrammed my keys and happily came up with me with a master to ensure I could get into my room. I had a top floor room that directly overlooked the MIA runway. Windows were double paned, so I really didn't hear much after I passed out. Carpet looked new and relatively clean. The shower / small tub combo looked a little worn and discolored, but that was really the only negative I saw. The rest of the room was great. Pillows weren't too hard, and comforter was great. Nice TV. I wished there were some disposable paper cups in the room, but I only found glass ones (I never trust the cleanliness of non-disposable glasses). Breakfast is complimentary, but I checked out before 6am so I don't know how that is.

Room Tip: Try for a high floor. Half of the hotel directly faces the runway, but the windows are thick. So, th...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I just stayed here for a few hours after American Airlines messed up my return flight terribly. They offer free shuttles from the airport, which is nice. The night manager was nice enough and set me up in a room but incorrectly told me I'd need to leave the hotel (which is about 5 min from the airport) 2 hours before my flight was to depart. The hours of their restaurant/lounge are not conducive to those like me who ended up stranded and hungry at late hours of the night with the need to leave very early in the morning. When I went down to the ride for the airport in the morning, a shuttle bus driver was there waiting but he wouldn't let me on the shuttle. Instead, he told me to wait outside in the humid 90 degree weather. His friend then came and they decided to go for a ride around the block before coming back to pick up passengers. I got stuck here but, given the choice, I wouldn't pay for this hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Sayreville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Although the room was nice and the bathroom was updated, the room was no very clean. There were crumbs on the couch and next to it on the carpet, some food stains on the blanket on the bed but the worst part was that the shower had someone's hair all over the walls. It was hanging there in clumps. Really grossed me out.

• Stayed August 2014
St. Gallen, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

Me and my best friend needed a hotel to stay in before our flight to NJ the next morning. The staff were kind, helpful, and funny. The room was very clean, spacious, and comfy. Close by the MIA airport and resturants. I would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Selkirk, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1 night at each end of 7 day cruise. Shuttle frequency deplorable. No rest, lounge, pool. No smoking area, have to stand outside like a vagrant. Older section of hotel deplorable for $. No free shuttle to restaurants or shopping. Business centre unacceptable. No choice for dietary restrictions at morning breakfast. Very small eating area, 10 tables for size of traffic at breakfast. Had to stand when eating.

• Stayed February 2014
comfort_miami_gm, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I noticed you stayed with us during the month of February during high season for the hotel industry in South Florida. Please let me take this opportunity to inform you we have done a complete renovation of the property, to include a smoking area. I apologize for you having to stand up during breakfast, the restaurant seats 120 people so I am guessing it was a very busy morning. We do have many transportation options to and from the major shopping centers as well as nearby restaurants. I hope that when in the area you pay us a visit for a more enjoyable stay. Please see the new photos of the room I posted today.

Sincerely

Frank Molina
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Clean, comfortable, quiet. large room, friendly efficient front desk. Not bad continental breakfast, but advertised meats and so called scrambled eggs were not eatable. Our flight arrived at 9.30 pm. We had to wait for hotel shuttle for about an hour, driver was rude, did not want to let us in the bus. No problem with the shuttle getting back to terminal in the morning.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!