“Good for an Airport Stay but not for 4 days” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #89 of 129 hotels in Miami
Harrison, Tennessee
“Good for an Airport Stay but not for 4 days”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The only positives about this hotel are the staff and the proximity to the airport. It would be fine for an overnight stay, but I made the mistake of staying here for 4 nights. It wasn't a great choice. The rooms are older and need updating. I've never stayed in a room with such old furniture in it. It was like I was back in 1980!

The shower was very strange. I would get my temperature set, only to have it change on me in 30 seconds. I got scalded twice and hit with cold water twice. For no reason at all. I don't know what the issue was.

I was in a room on the 9th floor which faced toward the apartments and hotels behind the hotel. I was disappointed that the windows wouldn't open. There was a strange smell in the room and I couldn't get any fresh air.

The morning breakfast was atrocious. Absolutely, hands-down the worst breakfast I've seen at any Choice Hotel Chain. I attempted to eat it one morning, then checked the second day to find the same stuff. The eggs were instant, powder eggs and totally rubbery. The sausages were all burnt to a crisp. I dug through them the first day to find a couple that were not burnt, but most were.

On my second night, I needed to iron a shirt and some pants. I noticed the iron was all messed up. A previous guest had burned something onto the face of it. So, I took it down to the front desk and asked for another. The gal had to call housekeeping and told me they would bring it to my room. 30 minutes later there still wasn't an iron, so I called down to housekeeping. No one had called them about it. They finally brought one up. Took nearly an hour to get it!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Humble, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed at this hotel and the front desk staff was very courteous and professional. Then it went downhill from there... The room smelled musty. The bathroom walls had little "pubic type hairs just in random spots all over the walls. It's almost like they took the toilet rag to wipe the walls. The refrigerator in the room worked when it felt like it. There was even hair in the refrigerator. I was a bit grossed out and left. Never again!

Room Tip: Pay the money and go to a four or five star facility... Don't stay here, because there's no...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
marietta GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Miami airport hotels are pricey - so normally $100 a night rate for this property would not be a deal, but considering the options, it was not a bad choice.
good- lots of free parking, breakfast a bit more than standard (eggs and sausage to accompany the usual), strong Wi-Fi, quick airport shuttle (two busses running concurrently), good water pressure,
bad - slow check in, not many restaurant choices nearby (ok if you have a car)

not a horrible choice, but nothing special either.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Atherstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is your average airport hotel for a night. Since there is really nothing to do in the neighborhood, unless you own a car or have enough cash to drive of in taxi. I stayed here several times during my work travels. Rooms were clean and had very comfortable and neatly made beds, however on both occasions there was always some issue in my room. First time I stayed here, the toilet didn't flush. Called the reception, but had to wait about 30 minutes for a plumber not a pleasure feeling. Second time electric socket didn't work, however it was also resolved to my satisfaction.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was the filthiest airport hotel I have ever stayed in and paid over $250 a night! Usually hotels around the airport are a standard clean, even if they are not luxurious. This was disgusting. I bathed with my flipflops. There was a lot of rust in the bedrooms and the hallways were dirty. The only good things about this hotel were friendly staff and free wifi. That's it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night.
The room was comfortable and clear as well as the bathroom.
Breakfast is included in the diary but I do not recommend.
Important to mention the location is great if you intend to stay near Miami AirPort.
I recommend the hotel!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I managed to stay in the same room at this hotel 9 days apart. The showed head is a hand held, which has so little water coming out that must put it against you to rinse off. I did tell them on the first stay but no better on second stay. The room and bed were comfortable. The bathroom has no vanity so there is no where to put my bathroom stuff.
Breakfast was ok but the oddest scrambled eggs I have ever had. My husband said they were dry eggs but I am not sure about them. On my second stay we did not get the wake up call I ask for so missed the breakfast - no great loss.
On both stays there seemed to be guys hanging around the back door, which is where the elevator is located - if I had been alone I would not have been comfortable.
For the money this hotel was OK - got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Room 620 has poor quality shower
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!