“Oh my goodness!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #90 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Humble, Texas
“Oh my goodness!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed at this hotel and the front desk staff was very courteous and professional. Then it went downhill from there... The room smelled musty. The bathroom walls had little "pubic type hairs just in random spots all over the walls. It's almost like they took the toilet rag to wipe the walls. The refrigerator in the room worked when it felt like it. There was even hair in the refrigerator. I was a bit grossed out and left. Never again!

Room Tip: Pay the money and go to a four or five star facility... Don't stay here, because there's no...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
marietta GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Miami airport hotels are pricey - so normally $100 a night rate for this property would not be a deal, but considering the options, it was not a bad choice.
good- lots of free parking, breakfast a bit more than standard (eggs and sausage to accompany the usual), strong Wi-Fi, quick airport shuttle (two busses running concurrently), good water pressure,
bad - slow check in, not many restaurant choices nearby (ok if you have a car)

not a horrible choice, but nothing special either.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Atherstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

This is your average airport hotel for a night. Since there is really nothing to do in the neighborhood, unless you own a car or have enough cash to drive of in taxi. I stayed here several times during my work travels. Rooms were clean and had very comfortable and neatly made beds, however on both occasions there was always some issue in my room. First time I stayed here, the toilet didn't flush. Called the reception, but had to wait about 30 minutes for a plumber not a pleasure feeling. Second time electric socket didn't work, however it was also resolved to my satisfaction.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was the filthiest airport hotel I have ever stayed in and paid over $250 a night! Usually hotels around the airport are a standard clean, even if they are not luxurious. This was disgusting. I bathed with my flipflops. There was a lot of rust in the bedrooms and the hallways were dirty. The only good things about this hotel were friendly staff and free wifi. That's it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
São Paulo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night.
The room was comfortable and clear as well as the bathroom.
Breakfast is included in the diary but I do not recommend.
Important to mention the location is great if you intend to stay near Miami AirPort.
I recommend the hotel!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I managed to stay in the same room at this hotel 9 days apart. The showed head is a hand held, which has so little water coming out that must put it against you to rinse off. I did tell them on the first stay but no better on second stay. The room and bed were comfortable. The bathroom has no vanity so there is no where to put my bathroom stuff.
Breakfast was ok but the oddest scrambled eggs I have ever had. My husband said they were dry eggs but I am not sure about them. On my second stay we did not get the wake up call I ask for so missed the breakfast - no great loss.
On both stays there seemed to be guys hanging around the back door, which is where the elevator is located - if I had been alone I would not have been comfortable.
For the money this hotel was OK - got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Room 620 has poor quality shower
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jamaica, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I resently stayed here. They had us on the 7th. floor. I look like more than half the rooms on the floor were being redone. Our room was so discussing. The rug had stains all over it, The sheets to the bed had stains that look to be possibly urine stains. The ceiling was flaking. The bath room smelled really bad. All I can discibe the smell as is like something died in there. I really felt uncomfortable staying there. I am so glad it was for only the one night. I really feel they should of put us on a better floor and cleaner room.
I feel the mangers of the maintenance and housekeeping department should do daily inspection of the rooms to address and problems and issues.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!