“Good shuttle, mediocre room and staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #90 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good shuttle, mediocre room and staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I managed to stay in the same room at this hotel 9 days apart. The showed head is a hand held, which has so little water coming out that must put it against you to rinse off. I did tell them on the first stay but no better on second stay. The room and bed were comfortable. The bathroom has no vanity so there is no where to put my bathroom stuff.
Breakfast was ok but the oddest scrambled eggs I have ever had. My husband said they were dry eggs but I am not sure about them. On my second stay we did not get the wake up call I ask for so missed the breakfast - no great loss.
On both stays there seemed to be guys hanging around the back door, which is where the elevator is located - if I had been alone I would not have been comfortable.
For the money this hotel was OK - got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Room 620 has poor quality shower
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Jamaica, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

My husband and I resently stayed here. They had us on the 7th. floor. I look like more than half the rooms on the floor were being redone. Our room was so discussing. The rug had stains all over it, The sheets to the bed had stains that look to be possibly urine stains. The ceiling was flaking. The bath room smelled really bad. All I can discibe the smell as is like something died in there. I really felt uncomfortable staying there. I am so glad it was for only the one night. I really feel they should of put us on a better floor and cleaner room.
I feel the mangers of the maintenance and housekeeping department should do daily inspection of the rooms to address and problems and issues.

Fort Morgan, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

I stayed here one night before and one night after a week long Carnival Cruise. The outside of the building, and the public rooms are not that great, but what a room! The beds are so comfortable and the bedding, and it was spotless. The bathroom I had was spacious and the hot water and shower head were awesome. Again, not much to look at on the outside, but if you are looking for a good night's sleep, this is the place to come.

Front desk very helpful. Typical breakfast fare is okay, and of course comes with the room, so can't complain. They actually have food available all day to order, but no room service so you go down to first floor and pick it up.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
East Jordan, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The only good thing I can stay about this hotel is.....it's close to the airport. This is the dirtiest, oldest and bar far the nastiest place that I have ever stayed. If it were possible to give it less than one star I would!!! The food was edible but the price was out of this world (dinner).

When we checked in all looked alright....all down hill from there. When we got in our room first thing we did was look in the bathroom, yuck. No shower for me, just wasn't clean enough to take my shoes off. Then we pulled the sheets back (something that everyone should do) and we freaked out...there was BODY HAIR all over the sheets. I called the front desk to get another room...that took an act of GOD and a lot of time. The next room had clean sheets, but I still refused to shower.

It's a good thing I used my choice privilege points and got the room for free!

Best advice I can give....DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Stay some place else!!!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Long time for shuttle from airport - over 1 hour
Keys didn't work in room twice. Got new room,very old & dirty. Stains on couch tub was horrible. 2 rooms didn't have doors on them. I would not recommend. This is worse than a college campus hotel.

Stayed March 2014
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

It's a place to sleep with a free shuttle. The room was averagely clean (semi-dirty bathroom), sound-proofing was pretty rubbish so there were lots of noises from the hallways at all hours. There were no queues for check-in, so I just pushed my way around the rest of the hapless travelers milling in the lobby. The front desk had one of the computers down when I was there, so they were even slower than usual. Breakfast was understocked and understaffed so I ended up eating at the airport. The area is somewhat sketchy and not inviting to wander around after dark.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Warsaw, Oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here after being stranded at Miami airport. The property is OK for a quick overnighter, but I wouldn't like it for more than that. The beds are so so. There was a used bar of soap left in the shower. Check in took a little while. There is a great little sports bar about two blocks down the road with great food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!