“Dirty ” 1 of 5 stars

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Dirty ”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Long time for shuttle from airport - over 1 hour
Keys didn't work in room twice. Got new room,very old & dirty. Stains on couch tub was horrible. 2 rooms didn't have doors on them. I would not recommend. This is worse than a college campus hotel.

Stayed March 2014

324 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

It's a place to sleep with a free shuttle. The room was averagely clean (semi-dirty bathroom), sound-proofing was pretty rubbish so there were lots of noises from the hallways at all hours. There were no queues for check-in, so I just pushed my way around the rest of the hapless travelers milling in the lobby. The front desk had one of the computers down when I was there, so they were even slower than usual. Breakfast was understocked and understaffed so I ended up eating at the airport. The area is somewhat sketchy and not inviting to wander around after dark.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Warsaw, Oh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed here after being stranded at Miami airport. The property is OK for a quick overnighter, but I wouldn't like it for more than that. The beds are so so. There was a used bar of soap left in the shower. Check in took a little while. There is a great little sports bar about two blocks down the road with great food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Chaska, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This property has a lot of turnover as it is by the Miami airport and is a place for one night stays while coming and going on cruises and other events. I drove from my home and used it as a park and fly option. The lobby was always full of travelers but was understaffed so check inn takes a long time. Often it is the travelers that are at fault because they don't know what they are doing but more staff would really help.

Room Tip: Know what you are doing, i.e. when your flight is and when you are coming back
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Forced to stop over in Miami due to bad weather up North and missed connections, I stayed one night at the Comfort Inn which is recommended as a reasonable priced hotel close to Miami airport. Accommodation is typical of Comfort Inn's and the dinning room was really a kind of cafeteria style buffet which while pretty standard offered a limited number of choices for dinner in-house. If desired there was a restaurant next door. The room was standard Comfort Inn type room which was comfortable and well-equiped. Best was the fee shuttle to and from the airport especially with my early morning departure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed in this hotel before and after our Miami cruise. Wrong choice. Hotel is dated;door keys not working; bathtub clogged; smelly, free breakfast is the same all the time; The only nice thing about this hotel is the convenience to the airport.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Levittown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My review is for the 5301 N.W. 36th St. Location.

I made my reservation for 1 night, Feb. 13th '14. I was driving from NY to Miami in an ice storm in order to catch a cruise leaving on valentines day. Before I even left NY, I let the hotel know that due to the weather conditions we may not arrive until 8/9 a.m. , I was assured it was ok. I also called during the drive, just to keep in touch. Again, we drove through that terrible snow/ice storm, driving 20 mph for miles on I95, witnessing break downs, cars in ditches, a jack knife trailer, cars facing the opposite direction and the most stressful part of our trip was when I approached the front desk of this hotel. When I got there, I was told by some kid that I may not have a room and that I would have to wait for a room to be cleaned. I asked for the manager, Joseph, but being he's obviously not Manager material, he let the kid at the desk give him all the wrong answers abd solutions, which was, I didn't have a room. I tried to explain to dumb and dumber that I already have a room, im just late, If it's not past check out, what's the problem?? (In the meantime, we need to shower and get to our ship)I also had a problem with dumb & dumber because they refused to let me have the late check out I was told I could have. I finally got a room and called the so-called manager to discuss the late check out. He told me he would call me back. I guess HIS boss, the kid, wasn't around because he had someone else call me back to do the rest of his dirty work. Unfortunately for him but fortunately for me, the woman who called me, who's name is DiDi, was the only one with a brain. She actually settled the problem in 10 seconds. She understood and agreed with me that as long as I communicated with them and arrived before check out, nothing should have changed. The only thing I don't understand now is, why isn't DiDi the manager? She seems to be the only one who knows what she's doing.
THANK YOU DIDI !!!
I will never, ever, EVER go to that hotel again because of Joseph and the dumb kid at the front desk, but please know that I appreciate how quickly you settled the problem. We were able to shower, drop off our rental and board our ship.

Carol Strong

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!