“Tired but clean” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #89 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Chaska, MN
“Tired but clean”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This property has a lot of turnover as it is by the Miami airport and is a place for one night stays while coming and going on cruises and other events. I drove from my home and used it as a park and fly option. The lobby was always full of travelers but was understaffed so check inn takes a long time. Often it is the travelers that are at fault because they don't know what they are doing but more staff would really help.

Room Tip: Know what you are doing, i.e. when your flight is and when you are coming back
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Forced to stop over in Miami due to bad weather up North and missed connections, I stayed one night at the Comfort Inn which is recommended as a reasonable priced hotel close to Miami airport. Accommodation is typical of Comfort Inn's and the dinning room was really a kind of cafeteria style buffet which while pretty standard offered a limited number of choices for dinner in-house. If desired there was a restaurant next door. The room was standard Comfort Inn type room which was comfortable and well-equiped. Best was the fee shuttle to and from the airport especially with my early morning departure.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed in this hotel before and after our Miami cruise. Wrong choice. Hotel is dated;door keys not working; bathtub clogged; smelly, free breakfast is the same all the time; The only nice thing about this hotel is the convenience to the airport.

Levittown, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My review is for the 5301 N.W. 36th St. Location.

I made my reservation for 1 night, Feb. 13th '14. I was driving from NY to Miami in an ice storm in order to catch a cruise leaving on valentines day. Before I even left NY, I let the hotel know that due to the weather conditions we may not arrive until 8/9 a.m. , I was assured it was ok. I also called during the drive, just to keep in touch. Again, we drove through that terrible snow/ice storm, driving 20 mph for miles on I95, witnessing break downs, cars in ditches, a jack knife trailer, cars facing the opposite direction and the most stressful part of our trip was when I approached the front desk of this hotel. When I got there, I was told by some kid that I may not have a room and that I would have to wait for a room to be cleaned. I asked for the manager, Joseph, but being he's obviously not Manager material, he let the kid at the desk give him all the wrong answers abd solutions, which was, I didn't have a room. I tried to explain to dumb and dumber that I already have a room, im just late, If it's not past check out, what's the problem?? (In the meantime, we need to shower and get to our ship)I also had a problem with dumb & dumber because they refused to let me have the late check out I was told I could have. I finally got a room and called the so-called manager to discuss the late check out. He told me he would call me back. I guess HIS boss, the kid, wasn't around because he had someone else call me back to do the rest of his dirty work. Unfortunately for him but fortunately for me, the woman who called me, who's name is DiDi, was the only one with a brain. She actually settled the problem in 10 seconds. She understood and agreed with me that as long as I communicated with them and arrived before check out, nothing should have changed. The only thing I don't understand now is, why isn't DiDi the manager? She seems to be the only one who knows what she's doing.
THANK YOU DIDI !!!
I will never, ever, EVER go to that hotel again because of Joseph and the dumb kid at the front desk, but please know that I appreciate how quickly you settled the problem. We were able to shower, drop off our rental and board our ship.

Carol Strong

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights following our cruise. We had a 2 queen bed standard room for 4 adults. The room was clean and had a lot of room and the beds were comfortable. There are some gas stations and restaurants within walking distance as well as a golf course and park just behind the other hotels down the street. The hotel itself is outdated and in need of some tlc but they do their best, we had good service with the shuttle and with check in, the breakfast buffet which is included was good and had a large variety. This was our second stay at this hotel, our fist was in January 2013 and this stay was better than the last, it seems like they upgraded some things and have friendlier staff this time. Great job, we will stay again when we go on another cruise.

Room Tip: We had an airport view this time, it was not loud but not really pretty to look at it. Prefer facin...
sudbury
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed prior to cruising. Beds were ok and linens clean. The rest of the place is a dump from 1970 banged up old furniture, dingy cutsins, dirty windows, moldy porcelain and old tiles Should not be more than 59.00 bucks a night. Spend the extra 20 bucks and get a more modern cleaner place. The coffee was empty in the morning at 8 am and was not replenished.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sauble Beach, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

We were given a room on the 6th floor, on the busy 36th St. very noisy, room was not cleaned yet no staff around but girls cleaning cart was left in the room, went down stairs given another room 5th floor , no water in the room , then given another room 6th floor on the quiet side of the hotel, but room was very musty and it was cool , the heater in our room was broke, this place was not very clean, this property was not what I expected for the comfort inn and suites should be inspected , staff was very friendly and helpful, was close to the airport, that's about all it had going for it.

Room Tip: ask to see a room and don't stay on the 36th street side very noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!