“Good for one night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #91 of 131 hotels in Miami
Pinellas Park
“Good for one night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here one night in between soccer games at Sun Life Stadium so we were only in the room for sleeping, maybe 10 hours. We paid $56 for two double beds for 4 people through Hotwire's Express Deals. The hotel is old so while our room was big and the beds comfortable, the walls, carpet and fixtures were really in need of some help. The bathroom was small and there was no refrigerator or microwave. I am very sensitive to smell. To me, the room had a musty, moldy smell and the sheets felt a little damp. The air vent looked like it hadn't be cleaned in a while so that was probably why the room smelled. There was a free breakfast offered from 7-9. We didn't make it, however it smelled good as we were checking out. For the hotel being next to the airport it was very quiet. For us, the location was perfect for getting to and from Sun Life Stadium. I would never stay at this hotel for an extended period and I would never pay full price, but for this price and a bounce trip, it fit our needs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Athens, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were not impressed.. Nice older hotel, bit pricey.. Needs updating in the guest rooms, but quiet & clean.. We would stay here again. It was fairly convenient & we were exhausted & ready for rest, my husband had been in the hospital all day with bruised ribs from a fall he had taken in Key West

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

The breakfast was terrible, ewerything was finished and WI-FI only worked at lobby floor. Such a big hotel should have more staf. The personal at the lobby was friendley and proffetional. If the hotel will hire more staf will we stay here next time we are in town.

• Stayed July 2013
Harvest, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from July 3rd thru July 7th. There's not much to say about this hotel besides it does have everything you need. The outside hotel and inside the hotel/room are basic. The room I had was very spacious which allowed me to do my "Insanity" workout each morning. My room came equipped with a mini-frig, microwave, iron, ironing board, and hair dryer. Internet was free and they even had a computer center that was free to guest just in case you needed to print something out or didn't bring a laptop. There was a restaurant inside the hotel. The area was safe. Although there were no "perks" about this hotel, my stay was pleasant and enjoyable. If you are looking for something simple and affordable this is a great hotel for you. Would I stay again, sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had the travel agent to book me close to the airport since I was flying to the Dominican Republic the next day. This way I wouldn't be sitting at the airport for hours. Thought I'd just make it a day in Miami. The hotel was musty and was not up to date. the lobby was more up than the rooms. As soon as I checked in, the maintenance men walked right in. They said that they didn't know anyone was there. I told them that they should have knocked. Tacky. I wouldn't even want my dog to stay there. yuck!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites several times. It is consistent with the Comfort Inn brand nationwide. A clean, but basic, hotel room experience. It is a little on the older side, but well enough maintained. Of note, there are double windows, and thus, it is the quietest hotel room you are likely to experience, even though it's right next to a runway.

The service I received was very much above the average. Pleasant, helpful, and quick to offer upgrades and accommodations that I hadn't even requested. Ask for Vicky...she's amazing. The value can't be beat in the area, especially if you take advantage of the Industries' best frequent stay program. I haven't tried the free breakfast (I usually don't), so I can't comment on the quality. The free coffee wasn't the greatest. Free newspapers go fast, so get downstairs early. Rental cars, salon, and a convenience shop are on site.

The area is a bit industrial, but I think safe enough. The usual city street smarts. I wouldn't wander too far away from the main drag at night. There are a half dozen restaurant options (including an all day restaurant on site that I didn't try). Excellent Chinese next door (Ping House). Also, McDonald's, Burger King, Miami Subs, Denny's, Ihop, a Peruvian place, and a local diner, all are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter much, all are quiet, but the airport side would be a more fun view for the kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

arrived a little early, called hotel from airport was there in 15 mins. driver very pleasant. room was ready and we were very pleased with the layout and how clean it was. So would stay here again.
the downside is if you do not have a car you are stuck! We enquired about a bus/transport but none. Then we walked back maybe 5 blocks, and remembered were told about a Cuban place. We ate there and it was good. we had wraps and they were generous. Also the girls that served were not afraid to sing along with the Cuban music , made for a fun time. Would also return there. Sorry dont know the name ,but I'm sure the hotel staff can tell you.
Breakfast was typical , ok. We signed on for the cruise shuttle as soon as we arrived for the next morning, which I rec as it gets full quick.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!