“Nothing fancy, but has everything you need...” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #89 of 129 hotels in Miami
Harvest, Alabama
“Nothing fancy, but has everything you need...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed in this hotel from July 3rd thru July 7th. There's not much to say about this hotel besides it does have everything you need. The outside hotel and inside the hotel/room are basic. The room I had was very spacious which allowed me to do my "Insanity" workout each morning. My room came equipped with a mini-frig, microwave, iron, ironing board, and hair dryer. Internet was free and they even had a computer center that was free to guest just in case you needed to print something out or didn't bring a laptop. There was a restaurant inside the hotel. The area was safe. Although there were no "perks" about this hotel, my stay was pleasant and enjoyable. If you are looking for something simple and affordable this is a great hotel for you. Would I stay again, sure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had the travel agent to book me close to the airport since I was flying to the Dominican Republic the next day. This way I wouldn't be sitting at the airport for hours. Thought I'd just make it a day in Miami. The hotel was musty and was not up to date. the lobby was more up than the rooms. As soon as I checked in, the maintenance men walked right in. They said that they didn't know anyone was there. I told them that they should have knocked. Tacky. I wouldn't even want my dog to stay there. yuck!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites several times. It is consistent with the Comfort Inn brand nationwide. A clean, but basic, hotel room experience. It is a little on the older side, but well enough maintained. Of note, there are double windows, and thus, it is the quietest hotel room you are likely to experience, even though it's right next to a runway.

The service I received was very much above the average. Pleasant, helpful, and quick to offer upgrades and accommodations that I hadn't even requested. Ask for Vicky...she's amazing. The value can't be beat in the area, especially if you take advantage of the Industries' best frequent stay program. I haven't tried the free breakfast (I usually don't), so I can't comment on the quality. The free coffee wasn't the greatest. Free newspapers go fast, so get downstairs early. Rental cars, salon, and a convenience shop are on site.

The area is a bit industrial, but I think safe enough. The usual city street smarts. I wouldn't wander too far away from the main drag at night. There are a half dozen restaurant options (including an all day restaurant on site that I didn't try). Excellent Chinese next door (Ping House). Also, McDonald's, Burger King, Miami Subs, Denny's, Ihop, a Peruvian place, and a local diner, all are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter much, all are quiet, but the airport side would be a more fun view for the kids.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

arrived a little early, called hotel from airport was there in 15 mins. driver very pleasant. room was ready and we were very pleased with the layout and how clean it was. So would stay here again.
the downside is if you do not have a car you are stuck! We enquired about a bus/transport but none. Then we walked back maybe 5 blocks, and remembered were told about a Cuban place. We ate there and it was good. we had wraps and they were generous. Also the girls that served were not afraid to sing along with the Cuban music , made for a fun time. Would also return there. Sorry dont know the name ,but I'm sure the hotel staff can tell you.
Breakfast was typical , ok. We signed on for the cruise shuttle as soon as we arrived for the next morning, which I rec as it gets full quick.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Melvindale, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We missed our connecting flight out of Miami so American Airlines put us up in this hotel. The hallway and rooms were dirty, dark and smelly. The express way was literally feet away from our window. The restaurant were breakfast was to be served smelled of damp and mildew. My teenagers got lost coming back to the room and got on the elevator on the other side of the lobby. The said the room numbers were written with a pen on the wallpaper outside the rooms. I felt as if we were in a pay by the hour or pay by the week hotel. I stayed in the room long enough to fire up my kindle and find another hotel. We took the hotel shuttle back to the airport where we got on our new hotels airport shuttle and went to a hotel I paid for out of my own pocket. This hotel is not even a 1 star hotel in my opinion.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Thanks to the 3 hour delay and missed connection courtesy of United Air, I had the privilege to spend an extra night in Miami, MIA. I was traveling with my family, it was late and we intended to catch the first flight out in the morning. My request were simple, a clean room, free shuttle and breakfast. So I saved the $50 and choice a cheaper stay 2 miles from the airport. This is no Ritz.and you get what you paid. With that said, I must say my expectation were all met. They even offered all of us free toothbrushes and paste knowing our luggage was somewhere other than with us.
Like everything else at the Comfort Inn, the breakfast was basic and the shuttle runs like clockwork every 30 minutes. If you seek an ocean view and enjoy paying resort fees, skip this one. But if all you need is a quick sleep this will fill the bill just fine.

Room Tip: Ask the clerk. Though a little dated, we had a large clean room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Upon a late arrival (1:00am), the check-in process was very quick and easy. Location is directly north of Miami International Airport, in fact, the runway lights were right out my window...however, you could NOT hear the planes in or out of the airport at all, NICE. My room was on the 5th floor (which I prefer high floor rooms and away from the elevators) and the decor was decent, nothing fancy. I was able to get a good few hours of sleep. BUT, at 6am when I went to take a shower the water was "tepid/lukewarm". I went back to bed to allow it to regenerate some hot water and tried again at 7am - same. I called the front desk and they were sending maintenance to check it out for me in my room. 8am I finally jumped in and out of the tepid/lukewarm shower and proceeded to check out. I advised I wasn't happy about the shower water temperature, and no type of concession was offered! Free breakfast was satisfying and included with room rate. I believe I will stick with the hotels on the south end of the airport though!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!