“Not a destination resort, but a good night's sleep priced right” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #88 of 129 hotels in Miami
San Diego, California
“Not a destination resort, but a good night's sleep priced right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Thanks to the 3 hour delay and missed connection courtesy of United Air, I had the privilege to spend an extra night in Miami, MIA. I was traveling with my family, it was late and we intended to catch the first flight out in the morning. My request were simple, a clean room, free shuttle and breakfast. So I saved the $50 and choice a cheaper stay 2 miles from the airport. This is no Ritz.and you get what you paid. With that said, I must say my expectation were all met. They even offered all of us free toothbrushes and paste knowing our luggage was somewhere other than with us.
Like everything else at the Comfort Inn, the breakfast was basic and the shuttle runs like clockwork every 30 minutes. If you seek an ocean view and enjoy paying resort fees, skip this one. But if all you need is a quick sleep this will fill the bill just fine.

Room Tip: Ask the clerk. Though a little dated, we had a large clean room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Upon a late arrival (1:00am), the check-in process was very quick and easy. Location is directly north of Miami International Airport, in fact, the runway lights were right out my window...however, you could NOT hear the planes in or out of the airport at all, NICE. My room was on the 5th floor (which I prefer high floor rooms and away from the elevators) and the decor was decent, nothing fancy. I was able to get a good few hours of sleep. BUT, at 6am when I went to take a shower the water was "tepid/lukewarm". I went back to bed to allow it to regenerate some hot water and tried again at 7am - same. I called the front desk and they were sending maintenance to check it out for me in my room. 8am I finally jumped in and out of the tepid/lukewarm shower and proceeded to check out. I advised I wasn't happy about the shower water temperature, and no type of concession was offered! Free breakfast was satisfying and included with room rate. I believe I will stick with the hotels on the south end of the airport though!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Milan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for three nights while on layovers to Aruba. It was incredibly dirty and smelled like cigarettes. The front desk staff were very rude. When we arrived, we informed them that the rooms had already been paid for by my husband's company and we showed them the printed documentation we had. They couldn't find the payment records and we were forced to pay again and had to call when we got home to have my husband's credit card credited due to overpayment. When we got to our room, we flushed the toilet and it immediately started gushing water and flooding the bathroom. We called the front desk and they came 20 minutes later with a plunger. By this time, the floor inside and outside of the room was saturated. We had to switch rooms and weren't offered any sort of reimbursement because of the room downgrade or any apology whatsoever by the hotel staff. When we arrived in our new room, we found out it was a handicapped room and had to sit on a chair to take a shower. The walls were paper thin and we could hear everything happening in the adjoining rooms. I travel all the time for work and for fun and this is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. I would avoid this hotel at all costs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Well happy to be here in miami Im ny wsy back to work again notice some changes in the hotel lobby
The rooms are not to bad but can improve the linen is the point in this review they look poor and not smell fresh the menu in the restaurant is poor in choices all others areas look good hope in my next visit I will see improve thank you all.

• Stayed May 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Spent only one night. Clean & Comfortable room, Staff friendly, Great Cont Breakfast the next morning scores an Excellent. Very close to the airport that made this stay very convienent for us. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here because it was the cheapest and closet to Miami beach and downtown without paying for parking. We were very comfortable, we had a party of four. The breakfast in the morning was very good and hit the spot. It always got our day off to a great start. The staff was very attentive to our needs as well. Great Service.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

My international flight out of Miami was canceled and so American Airlines put us up in this hotel with a meal voucher. I still felt ripped off.
The construction of the place felt similar to a McMansion--hasty and with cheap, expensive looking embellishments. The hallways had chipping paint, the walls thin, and the bathrooms cramped. The bed was somewhat comfortable, which was the only redeeming quality.
We were given a $24 meal voucher which was only good for the airport or hotel restaurant. The food was awful, the spaghetti wet and limp, the chicken mushy, the wings burnt. And it was expensive!
After staying here, I thought the hotel was actively engaged in scamming American Air and that they had some sort of contract that no one was looking too closely at. I was surprised to see some people claim that they would come back,
I won't.

• Stayed April 2013

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!