“Only Stayed Here Because of a Flight Delay” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #89 of 130 hotels in Miami
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
“Only Stayed Here Because of a Flight Delay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed here one short night that was paid for by American Airlines due to a flight delay.

The hotel staff was kind and helpful and the airport shuttle ran on time.

Beyond that the hotel was a dump. It was old, run down, and disgustingly dirty. It was also in, what appeared to be, a pretty bad neighborhood.

I would not recommend staying here.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

350 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Guelph, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Nice hotel and close to the airport. Fairly clean and comforrtable, although the area is a bit shady.
I wouldnt count on he shuttle to the port. Times were difficult to schedule and it was an independent operator. It was easier to take a taxi.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

No! No! No! Do not stay :( it is awful.
Starting with wet dirty carpet, keys that don't work in any locks, old sheets, fixture, smokey smelling- disgusting! I am for value- but this is roach motel at best. Will never ever stay here again. Thank goodness for Hampton inns!

• Stayed April 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

It's ok if you stay for a couple of days, but is not the best. It's outdated and need some renovations.
Breakfast was ok.
Parking area was big.. But the room didn't convinced me too much about the cleanness

• Stayed March 2013
Fort Madison, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Terribly run down; tired dirty decor; restaurant (using the term loosely) has limited hours and selections. Stale smoke smell lingered in our clothes long after we had departed. Near airport but nothing else. Shuttle got us to the airport in a timely manner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

While I appreciated the free shuttle to and from the airport and the coffee maker in the room, this location needs help. The furnishings need replacing. My sheet was torn on my bed and one of the bedspreads had an ink stain on it. The breakfast buffet had limited offerings and quantities, although I may have been aced out of the food by the teen aged school groups staying there. However, I did eat dinner at the hotels's "restaurant." I had to order my food at the cash register and then sit at my table and wait for it to be brought to me. I think it was a microwave dinner, not worth the $12 I paid for it.
I stayed there 2 nights, one on my way into Miami and one on my way home from Miami. It is close to the airport, just a 5 minute ride away, and I liked that. I hope they fix it up because I like to stay at Comfort Inn and Suites when I travel because they are what I can afford.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Apollo, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel was awful from the time we walked in. Unfortunately we didn't have much choice as this was an "emergency" stay that came from having to change our flight plans home due to weather. So, we had gotten our flights changed and had to pick a hotel via an 800 number sight unseen. As soon as we walked in the first thing we noticed was the smell! I don't know what it was but it was terrible - musty, dirty. When we got up to our room the smell was even worse. In the room the carpet was disgusting - dirty with stains all over. There was no way I would put my bare feet on that floor! The bed was so lumpy with no support whatsoever - we sunk into it. Since we had been traveling all day we were very hungry. So, we went downstairs to check out the restaurant. Another disgusting part of this hotel. It looked dirty and more like a cafeteria than a "restaurant/lounge" as was described to us. So, we walked away from that and ended up walking down the street about 4 blocks to find a descent place to eat. I would never recommend this hotel to even my worst enemy. The amount that we paid for the room for the night was ridiculous for the disgusting, gross experience. I am surprised that there aren't some kind of inspectors that could come in and shut this place down until major changes are made.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!