“Not very good for the price” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #89 of 129 hotels in Miami
“Not very good for the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

It's ok if you stay for a couple of days, but is not the best. It's outdated and need some renovations.
Breakfast was ok.
Parking area was big.. But the room didn't convinced me too much about the cleanness

• Stayed March 2013

337 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Fort Madison, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Terribly run down; tired dirty decor; restaurant (using the term loosely) has limited hours and selections. Stale smoke smell lingered in our clothes long after we had departed. Near airport but nothing else. Shuttle got us to the airport in a timely manner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

While I appreciated the free shuttle to and from the airport and the coffee maker in the room, this location needs help. The furnishings need replacing. My sheet was torn on my bed and one of the bedspreads had an ink stain on it. The breakfast buffet had limited offerings and quantities, although I may have been aced out of the food by the teen aged school groups staying there. However, I did eat dinner at the hotels's "restaurant." I had to order my food at the cash register and then sit at my table and wait for it to be brought to me. I think it was a microwave dinner, not worth the $12 I paid for it.
I stayed there 2 nights, one on my way into Miami and one on my way home from Miami. It is close to the airport, just a 5 minute ride away, and I liked that. I hope they fix it up because I like to stay at Comfort Inn and Suites when I travel because they are what I can afford.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Apollo, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

This hotel was awful from the time we walked in. Unfortunately we didn't have much choice as this was an "emergency" stay that came from having to change our flight plans home due to weather. So, we had gotten our flights changed and had to pick a hotel via an 800 number sight unseen. As soon as we walked in the first thing we noticed was the smell! I don't know what it was but it was terrible - musty, dirty. When we got up to our room the smell was even worse. In the room the carpet was disgusting - dirty with stains all over. There was no way I would put my bare feet on that floor! The bed was so lumpy with no support whatsoever - we sunk into it. Since we had been traveling all day we were very hungry. So, we went downstairs to check out the restaurant. Another disgusting part of this hotel. It looked dirty and more like a cafeteria than a "restaurant/lounge" as was described to us. So, we walked away from that and ended up walking down the street about 4 blocks to find a descent place to eat. I would never recommend this hotel to even my worst enemy. The amount that we paid for the room for the night was ridiculous for the disgusting, gross experience. I am surprised that there aren't some kind of inspectors that could come in and shut this place down until major changes are made.

Marthasville, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night after our cruise. This place is a freakin DUMP!! We paid $190.00 to stay here for 1 night, which I would have rather just slept on the floor at the airport!! When you walk in the lobby looks decent, but don't let that fool you!! The place stinks horribly! We walked into our room and it had the most awful smell of mold, and dew. The bathroom looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years. The bedroom is just plain awful and so dirty! The sheets and blankets on both of our beds were so gross and smelt like rotten pee. Seriously. I wouldn't recommend this hotel even to a begging homeless person. The staff was very rude as well. There were people walking around outside in their underwear that looked like they were on major drugs. This place was such a dump. They do not take care of the place and it is so gross. Do NOT stay here, your better off pitching a tent somewhere!

Room Tip: Don't even think about staying here. The ground at the airport would be cleaner!
Bangor, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This hotel is in bad need of fixing up its appearance as well as cleanliness. Room had a bad odor in the room that I occupied as well as others in my party. All of them were extremely dissatisfied with their stay as well. This hotel for a Comfort Inn does not meet what the corporation should strive for. If this is the direction that Comfort Inn is heading then I will think twice before I stay in another one. Overall, all in my party 15 adults and 3 children were very unimpressed and the price was ridiculous for the condition of the place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
The Villages, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed 3/6/2013. Total cost with tax was $123.17. Our first impression was that parking was a long way from the large lobby at this old hotel on the back side of the airport. Our final impression was that this is a very poorly maintained hotel begging to be torn down and rebuilt.

Desk clerk was efficient but impersonal during check in. She advised on breakfast but never offer a wi-fi code. I asked for a restaurant recommendation, but none were identified. She did suggest a street several miles away that had lots of restaurants.

The elevator was dirty and opened on the back side to the laundry room. In fact while we were in the elevator, housekeeping staff brought a cart full of laundry through the elevator from laundry room to the lobby. We also shared the elevator with housekeeping staff who got on with their carts twice during our stay.

The hallway carpet leading to our room was dark and dirty. We noticed the walls had peeling wallpaper with many "dings" in the wall. Once at the room, the keys did not work in the old card reader lock. Had to jiggle them many times and almost gave up before getting lucky and got into the room.

The room was a bit depressing, wallpaper peeling and carpeted floors stained and dirty. No fridge or microwave but LCD TV was appreciated. The sheets may have been clean, but were very old, tattered and yellowed.

Most disappointed with the bathroom. The toilet was set so far under the countertop that the lid would not stay up without holding it. The showerhead was an old time adjustable spray type, but it did not produce enough water through any setting to be satisfying.

Fresh coffee was available in the lobby early in the morning and a restaurant for complimentary breakfast is on premise. However, after our experience we did not dare to try it. There are good restaurants a few miles away, but none, other than a Chinese restaurant with no customers, were within walking distance of hotel.

I'm a Diamond Elite member with Choice Hotels and we travel constantly, but we will not stay at this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Good local restaurant about 2 miles away if you are driving is "Catch of the Day" on 46th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!