Stayed 3/6/2013. Total cost with tax was $123.17. Our first impression was that parking was a long way from the large lobby at this old hotel on the back side of the airport. Our final impression was that this is a very poorly maintained hotel begging to be torn down and rebuilt.
Desk clerk was efficient but impersonal during check in. She advised on breakfast but never offer a wi-fi code. I asked for a restaurant recommendation, but none were identified. She did suggest a street several miles away that had lots of restaurants.
The elevator was dirty and opened on the back side to the laundry room. In fact while we were in the elevator, housekeeping staff brought a cart full of laundry through the elevator from laundry room to the lobby. We also shared the elevator with housekeeping staff who got on with their carts twice during our stay.
The hallway carpet leading to our room was dark and dirty. We noticed the walls had peeling wallpaper with many "dings" in the wall. Once at the room, the keys did not work in the old card reader lock. Had to jiggle them many times and almost gave up before getting lucky and got into the room.
The room was a bit depressing, wallpaper peeling and carpeted floors stained and dirty. No fridge or microwave but LCD TV was appreciated. The sheets may have been clean, but were very old, tattered and yellowed.
Most disappointed with the bathroom. The toilet was set so far under the countertop that the lid would not stay up without holding it. The showerhead was an old time adjustable spray type, but it did not produce enough water through any setting to be satisfying.
Fresh coffee was available in the lobby early in the morning and a restaurant for complimentary breakfast is on premise. However, after our experience we did not dare to try it. There are good restaurants a few miles away, but none, other than a Chinese restaurant with no customers, were within walking distance of hotel.
I'm a Diamond Elite member with Choice Hotels and we travel constantly, but we will not stay at this hotel in the future.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Miami Airport
- Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport Hotel Miami
- Comfort Inn Hotel Miami
- Comfort Inn Miami Airport
- Miami Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Suite Miami Airport