“Perfect for..Proximity to the Airport/Beach/ and eats” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport

Save Saved
You added Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport to your Saves list
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5301 NW 36th Street, Miami, FL 33166 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #90 of 129 Hotels in Miami
St. Louis
“Perfect for..Proximity to the Airport/Beach/ and eats”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

We had a day and a half layover in Miami after our trip to Guatemala. I traveled with 17 people...7 adults and 10 teenagers. I had read reviews before hand and my expectations were low however I was pleasantly surprised.

The hotel though older has large rooms which with 4 women in a room the extra space was nice.

Pros:
*MIAMI BEACH (one of my new favorite places) is proabaly 20 min away with traffic
*There are plenty of eats close by
*It was truly within 5 min of the airport
*Though older in appearance the facility is nice
*Pool
*Comfy beds and large bathrooms ( though the tub was garden style I found it small)
*Breakfast (I slept in and missed this so I'm unsure of how good it was or wasn't)
*GIFT STORE!! I was pretty grateful for this as it has souvenirs, snacks and clothing/flip flops etc. I picked up a cute sundress at the store for not a bad price at all *(Just a heads up though we went to a store in Miami Beach and found the same dresses for $5 less. BUT the convenience of having the store in our hotel was worth it!!)

Cons:
*I had to call twice for towels before they were brought up:/
*The pool is located at the Sleep Inn a block over. This was somewhat of an inconvenience as a couple older women in our group wanted to go there but did not want to walk in the heat.

Overall I thought it was a great stay and if I'm in Miami again...which I hope to be..loooved the city!! I will most likely stay here as it's reasonably priced and very convenient!!

Fyi...the chinese restaurant next to the hotel.. Ping House is a no go. We ate there for lunch and the food was mediocre and the wait staff messed up my bill 3x. I thought maybe the first individual added the bill up incorrectly only to find out it was the same individual who added it wrong all 3x. Each time it increased by $3. Another friend was charged for a drink incorrectly and overall our crew just did not like the food.

We did go to Outback not to far from the hotel and we enjoyed it. Our group was big but the wait was not long, service was great and the food was wonderful.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tustin, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

Made the mistake of booking this hotel. While we typically only choose 4 star hotels, I was being overly frugal...landed in Miami at 830PM and connecting flight was next morning, so just needed a quick place to sleep...won't make that mistake again. You truly get what you pay for. I should have tossed the $65 in the trash and just booked another hotel. Old property with strange smells in a less than desirable location. Just not worth it. Slept in my clothes just in case. Last year booked Sofitel Miami and while it was just OK, I would stay there again...NEVER will I stay in any of the Comfort Suite (or other brands under the Choice umbrella).

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Nassau, New Providence Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

Positive: Comfortable bed, clean room, clean hotel, quiet, not a bad price, good location as far as convenience goes, no roaches or insects, the amenities.

Negative: Terrible customer service, so bad I wouldn't even call it service. A/C kept shutting off, breakfast was bland, there were patched of repairs that needed to be done in the room (like a small hole in the wall with a wire coming out). Did I say terrible service?? The lady at the check in desk seemed very perturbed by our presence upon checking in, the attitude was mirrored by everyone we encountered at that desk during our entire FIVE day and night stay.

Room Tip: Not a bad hotel. It is quiet and clean.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
comfort_miami_gm, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received by the front desk staff during your stay. I have reviewed your comments with the Front Office Manager and staff for immediate improvements. I am sorry that you found our current complimentary breakfast to be bland. We are upgrading our complimentary breakfast beginning June 1st and will be providing additional breakfast options to include yogurt, hot eggs, and breakfast meat to our existing Hot Belgium waffles and continental offering. I am glad that you found our hotel to be clean, comfortable and convenient. If your travels bring you back to Miami we will do our best to give you a positive experience.
Durango, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in as part of the Choice Hotel group. It was very old and rundown. The air conditioner was very loud making sleep impossible. My non-smoking room had ash trays and match books in it and also the hallway wreaked of cigarette smoke. Although advertised with a restaurant on the property, a sandwich shop was all we found.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Kenny899,
It is dissappointing to hear that you reserved a non-smoking room, yet were placed in a smoking area. We do allow smoking in a small number of rooms which are restricted to the same floor. It appears as though we made an error in assigning your room, I can see how dissappointing this would be. I welcome you to please contact me directly at 764gm_miami@snbhotels.com to discuss your stay so we can review your specific situation and I can further assist you.
Mercedes, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

This is a good option to stay one night close to the airport. We arrived to MIA airport at 9.00 PM and had another flight al 10.00 AM and selected this hotel.
Very good shuttle service. Comfortable room. Good service restaurant.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Pick up is fast from the airport. Have to wait to 3 PM to check in. Room is big but smelled of smoke for non-smoking room and humidity. Wall have stains from leaking water and peeled off wall paper. I got a room facing away from the airport so quiet. Swimming pool
is not on site but you have to go to Sleep Inn next door for it because both hotels share one.
Fast food restaurants near the hotel but nothing else in term of shopping or sight seeing around the hotels. Shuttles run every half hour even at night so a plus, the shuttle driver seems surprise when I gave him tips.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
comfort_miami_gm, Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
I am sorry to hear that you experienced some concerns during your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites Miami. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments so we can continue to improve our guest experience. I have shared this with the appropriate staff for resolution. I am glad that you found our airport shuttle to be fast and convenient. I welcome your return stay. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next visit to Miami.
Sincerely
portland, or
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

Although the reviews for this hotel were mixed, there were more good than bad. I now believe the bad ones. The lobby and 3 different rooms all smelled bad. Kind of a mildew, cigarette smoke, old food smell. Also, we arrived around 8pm and the only place to eat was at their little snack bar. The only restaurant nearby was closed and it's not a neighborhood I'd recommend walking around in at night. We went across the street to the Homestead Studio Suites and they were willing to meet Comfort's price so we stayed there. VERY NICE!

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
comfort_miami_gm, General Manager at Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport, responded to this review, March 31, 2011
I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments so we can continue to improve our guest experience. I apologize for the smell of smoke in the lobby and in the room. We offer designated smoking areas and guest rooms and do our best to enforce these policies, I am sorry that you experienced smoke in a non smoking area. I invite back to the Comfort Inn & Suites on your next trip to Miami. There are several area restaurants in addition to our cafe that we recommend that either deliver or within a short distance to our hotel.

Sincerely

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airport? Share your experiences!