“terrific!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Chatham, Massachusetts
“terrific!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

Stayed Aug 20, for 5 nights on medical business. Had some allergy problems - manager took care of it immediately. Staff, especially desk staff was the best, and assisted me on leaving so I would not miss my flight - thank you!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, August 31, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am glad we were able to assist you in making your stay even more comfortable. As well as our front desk staff being able to help make your departure process more convenient. We do our best to go out of our way for all of our guests on a daily basis. Your comments will be shared with those involved that made you stay "terrific!". Once again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again in the very near future. Sincerely,
Brian E. Rubine, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Had to stay here on business and commute in to the Dadeland area as all hotels in that area were booked up. It's easy to miss this place as it's set back from the road and the sign is small. A McDonald's is being built out front by the street, but I expect that will be finished within a couple months.

Room was nondescript but clean and the air conditioning unit was very quiet, which is a big plus compared to other hotels. Edge of mattress was very firm compared to the rest, so careful when sitting on the edge of the bed. Wi-Fi is free and worked well. Otherwise, the room was fine for a business trip.

I ate the free continental breakfast one of my two mornings: they had scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, cinnamon buns, cereal, toast and an automatic pancake maker. I had the eggs, sausage and a cinnamon bun. They were OK, but filling enough.

As far as local meals, there are several restaurants within walking distance. I ate at the Red Lobster next door.

Lastly, if you need to get anywhere, the traffic in the area can be TERRIBLE at different times of the day. Plan accordingly.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Thank you for your detailed review of our property during your recent stay with us. We appreciate your comments regarding our suites and breakfast. We are dealing with the current renovation of the McDonalds in front of us and working with them to minimize any inconveniences for our hotel guests. The traffic is a daily part of Miami. We always recommend our hotels guests leave early in order to get to where they are going especially at certain times of the day. Once again thank you and we hope that you will choose us again the next time you need to be in the Kendall area. Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine, General Manager
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Now to put this review in perspective I have rated it 5 stars as it is important to take into context the available options in the Miami area. This location is excellent as it is close to lots of eating options both fast food and medium grade eateries and pubs. There are lots of small malls nearby and the larger Dolphin, Dadeland and others are a short drive away. For me the five star was easier to award as I use a rental car in Miami so South Beach, all the malls and high scale restaurants are all 10-20 mins away from this hotel due to its relatively central location. It is clean and the property is well taken care of and the room comfort and ambiance to me far exceeded the price I paid. To be honest I have had far worse for much more cost in MIA. In this case it was not just a comparative assessment here, it was simply a very satisfying room, of adequate size for two persons and just what we needed as we were there not to stay in a hotel room for the entire day, we made use to of the nearby attractions and were out and about to only return to a comfortable, peaceful and clean room. The pillows and bed/bedding were excellent. Staff were friendly and professional. Parking was sufficient as even though the front parking was always full we opted for the back and there was always available space. Please note my title said "expectations" this means that I do not expect continental breakfast at Holiday Inn Express to be a banger and it is not here as in all others I have stayed in. But it is sufficient and decent, not great and not grounds to lose a star; if you could lose a half star I would maybe put 4.5 for this reason but it is trivial as you know what to expect in any hotel of this bracket for breakfast. All in all, this hotel is a winner in the overpriced region of hotels that are so prevalent in MIA and environs, if they aren't overpriced they are shoddy but this shows you can get a very good and enjoyable stay for an affordable price. It sure beats my experiences in South Beach and other parts of MIA many times, I will stay here from no on whenever I return to MIA!

Room Tip: PS it does not state it, or did not state it when I researched on Tripadvisor (maybe that has been c...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review and rating of our hotel. We really do appreciate you taking your personal time to post such detailed comments. We strive daily to do our best at making our hotel just as good if not better than many of the other higher end hotels in the entire Miami area. Many larger hotels relay on their location to give the perception of value and service, however our staff does everything possible to realistically provide this to our guests on a daily basis. I am glad that our accommodations, cleanliness and service showed you that our hotel’s value is second to none. Once again, thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the Miami area. Sincerely, Brian Rubine – General Manager
Raleigh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is clean and the bed was comfortable. The carpets in the rooms and hallways need updating and they have a slight odor. The shower/toilet area is super tiny, but gets the job done. The bath vent was disgustingly dirty.

The free breakfast was good and parking was free and adequate. Considering the limited options in the area and what hotels nearby charge--it's a good deal.

The rooms are not quiet proof at all. I could hear the person doing their business in their bathroom.

If you plan on staying at the hotel and using your room, you might be a little cramped. Also, the rooms are really dark.

Room Tip: Stay on the poolside if you are a light sleeper like me.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for your review on our hotel regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate you taking your time to let us know about any positive or negative issues you encountered. We are glad that you found our hotel clean and comfortable as well as enjoying our breakfast. I do apologize that everything was not as it should have been during your stay. Your comments will be used as a learning tool to improve our performance for future guests. Once again thank you and we hope that we will see you again soon in the very near future. Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine, General Manager
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The room was very good and the staff was helpful. I had my son's WII game and the hotel staff help to set it up in the room and the kids felt like home. Nice wonderful location close to all places. You can just walk to many of the restaurants and bar.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding our rooms, the staff and our location. Our goal is to make every guest feel like they are home. I am glad that we were able to assist your children in making their stay more enjoyable. Once again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again the next you are in the Kendall area. Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine - General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

My son and I recently stayed 3 nights in this hotel. The room was spacious, clean, quiet and comfortable. Our stay was very enjoyable in large part because, Julian the desk clerk was attentive, friendly, accommodating and professional. On the second night of our stay the air-conditioning wasn't working well and he promptly moved us directly across the hall, remedying the situation immediately. My son enjoyed the pool and the little bagel shop around the corner. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Top floor was spacious and very quiet. Great night sleep.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking your time to post a review regarding our hotel during your recent stay with us. We are very glad that you and your son found our hotel to be large, clean, quiet and comfortable. We especially enjoy when a guest mentions one of our employees who went out of their way to assist you with everything you needed and deserved. Julian is one of our new employees and I will make sure to personally pass on your comments to him directly. Once again thank you for comments and choosing our hotel. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine - General Manager
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Typical Holiday Inn Express (My favorite brand) in most ways. Good location if you want to be in Kendall. One exception, no USB plugs in room or available at the front desk. Surpising since there is a very nice desk and two ethernet plugs in my room. Spending my evening charging my phone on the public computer. The poor on cleanliness is only due to the dusty keyboard I am currently enjoying rather than my nice room. The hotel is ok.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your review on our hotel during your recent stay with us. We do appreciate you using the Holiday Inn Express brand as you mentioned it to be your favorite. As well thank you for your comments regarding our Kendall location. I do apologize that we did not have a USB plug readily available for you. However as promised, we did have a solution for you the very next morning although you did not need the option when I spoke to you directly. We will use your comments as a possible way to improve our technology offerings going forward. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again on your next trip into the Kendall area. Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine, General Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami? Share your experiences!