“Wonderful Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 129 hotels in Miami
Tampa Bay
“Wonderful Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Staff was amazing. Friendly, attentive to details and efficiency. Great breakfast buffet and well serviced and stock. Rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. Great location and ready to plan a repeat visit. I would have stayed longer had I realized there was so much to do in the area. Great dining options within walking distance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us and reviewing our hotel. The entire staff appreciates your wonderful comments. The Kendall area does have so much to offer. We hope when you come back and stay with us again that you will be able to take advantage of everything in the area. Once again thank you for reviewing our hotel and we look forward to having you return in the very near future. Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine, GM

101 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

From the moment we drove up to the Holiday Inn, we knew we had chosen well (thanks to trip advisor) from the outside the hotel looks like it is quality and well kept and form the experience we had this is certainly carried throughout the hotel. The hotel is located in a fantastic part of Miami (Kendall). Around the hotel you have shops and a huge restaurant complex with bars and places to dine. A special mention to CG Burgers who offered a great meal for a good price and lovely staff who cooked the food fresh to order.

Inside the hotel you have the reception, which gave us a friendly and welcoming arrival and even explained where to go to get something to eat as it was our first time in Miami.

The room was huge, 2 queen size beds with its own living room space with separate kitchen and bathroom areas. The kitchen had everything you could want as well as a great fridge, which was needed to keep everything nice and cool in the blistering heat.

A lot of thought had gone into the room design, such as having the bathroom sink area outside of the bathroom, so somebody could brush their teeth or put on make up while another showered or used the toilet.

The breakfasts were great, and a good way to start the day. Items included doughnuts, muffins, bagels, a selection of cereals, eggs, sausage, toast, yogurts, fruit juices, coffee, To have this included with the price of the room just gave an already great room added value.

The rooms were cleaned daily through a fantastic team who changed beds and did the usual but it was the little touches such as putting my change in a cup so it did not get lost that made it for me.

Importantly to me, the hotel had a great wifi signal and that was included free of charge (great for posting my holiday pics to facebook). After a busy day of sight seeing and shopping the TV had a wide array of channels and a massive screen think it was 42" which could be watched from the lounge or the bedroom area.

Kendall is the perfect location as it is easy to get to places and has enough on the doorstep if you don't want to drive.

During our trip we stayed at another hotel on the last night and after staying at the Holiday Inn it had spoiled us, as this more expensive hotel was not a patch on the Holiday Inn in any area.

Well done and thanks again to the team at Holiday Inn, that helped make my trip to the USA. Next time i visit Miami i am not going to bother looking at any other hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for staying with us and for your detailed review of our hotel. We definitely appreciate when a guest takes their personal time to let us and other possible guests know how their stay with us was. I am glad that you looked at previous reviews before choosing our hotel and found them to be accurate. We all take great pride in the quality and service we offer and do our best on a daily basis to show how much better we are than other hotels in Miami including hotels that charge so much more than we do. We are glad that we could assist in making your trip to the USA an enjoyable one. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time you are traveling to the Miami area. Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine, General Manager
Newcastle upon Tyne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The price was what first attracted us to this hotel as it was one of the cheapest we could find for the area at this time of year. A taxi from the airport was about $45, so not too bad. Upon arrival the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was nice with 2 double beds (although they seemed a little on the small side) and a couch. The Wi-Fi was fine in the room which was of great importance to us, in general the room was clean and well maintained with a microwave, coffee maker and fridge all included.
The best thing about this place was probably the location. It is located just across the road from all manner of eateries so you wont go hungry, however if you opt to eat in, the breakfast provided in the hotel is of a good standard and includes a few different cereals, various things to toast, yogurts, muffins, pancakes, sausage burgers and eggs and a variety of hot and cold drinks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing and reviewing our hotel. We are glad that we were able to provide everything that you needed during your stay with us. Our Kendall location is defintely convienent to everything in Miami and the one thing that the area does not lack is restaurants. Kendall offers almost everyt cruisine that you could think of plus more is being built to give you even more options. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future. Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine, General Manager
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I travel to the east coast of Florida at several times a year with a high-school sports team, so I am always searching for the right balance of cost, queen beds (for sharing), maximum guests per room, safety, breakfast quality and proximity to the sports event. Miami is a high-cost area with questionable safety in certain parts of the city (like every major city) and I try to stay within 10 miles of the venue (in this case, Ransom Everglades School).

This hotel was an excellent find and I very much appreciate the other reviews that helped me choose it. It's quite difficult to compare to other hotels because most of them (where the other teams were all staying) were over $200/night, and we paid $135 for each room, I was unable to find any decent, reasonable hotels (over 2 stars) that had queens, so I had to settle for doubles wherever I chose to stay.

I was concerned about parking with our trailer, but even pulling in after 9pm, found a nice space directly under the lighting in the rear parking lot behind the hotel. I felt safe enough to let the kids loose to eat dinner on their own (although they all opted for the McD's in the front parking lot). I felt safe enough to walk by myself across the street to the restaurant recommended by the desk clerk, Brian, and La Carreta is excellent (Cuban). There were quite a few choices within walking distance (no desire to drive after coming from the west coast) but I wanted very close since it was very late. I was really nice to be greeted with token gift bags upon arrival with my Priority Club card (free bottle of water - yay! Cheetos - well, the teens liked them.)

The rooms were quite large, with a separated sitting area with a pullout sofa and a nice work desk and comfy desk chair. I really, really like having somewhere to sit other than on the bed, so this was a treat. I was too tired to try the WiFi however. Also inside were a wet bar area with sink, fridge and microwave, a very large wide screen TV that could be turned to view from the sitting area or the beds, and clean bathrooms.

My king-bed room was right next to the elevator, and I've had bad experiences in other hotels with this location, but it was no problem at all. And, bonus, we could actually use the stairs to go up and down instead of having to wait for the elevator - another plus for me in any hotel.

Breakfast was excellent (although the pancake machine didn't work, which I didn't care about) - good eggs, bacon, various breads, fresh cinnamon rolls, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, instant oatmeal, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Of course, I ate Cuban leftovers for breakfast, but the teenaged boys were quite satisfied with the selection.

**Note: The hotel is behind the McD's and Red Lobster. Heading east, the driveway to the hotel is past Red Lobster, between the tall McD's street sign and the restaurant building, so it sort of feels like you're pulling into the McD's - but you're not.

Also, at the end of the day, one of the boys realized that he had probably left his iPod Touch in his room - so we called Brian (who happened to be on duty again) who called Housekeeping, and promptly called me back to report that they hadn't found anything. We were about to head out on Alligator Alley when he called me back again to tell me that Housekeeping had gone back in for another look and found it! So thank you, Brian and Housekeeping!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your detailed review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking your personal time to let us and others know about your experience while staying with us. I am glad that previous reviews of our property helped you decide to stay with us and we hope that your review does the same for others. I have passed your comments and thanks on to Brian and our housekeeping department. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again very soon in the future.
Brian E. Rubine, GM
South Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Disclaimer: I am comparing this property to the Hampton in Coconut Grove, which is a high bar to exceed.

Have stayed here twice when business too me a bit further southwest in Miami. Looked forward to a great stay based on other reviews. But that hasn't been my experience.

Rooms are small, housekeeping so-so, and noise is a major issue. Garbage trucks arrive in the wee hours to service dumpsters at nearby restaurants and I've been awakened during both of my stays.

Breakfast selection is only fair if you prefer healthier options. If you like gooey, sweet stuff you'll be very happy!

On the plus side, staff is ver nice, fitness facility is fine and location is good with several restaurants within walking distance.

Room Tip: If you want a great meal, try Secreto, an Italian restaurant within a few minutes by foot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your time in doing so. We are sorry that our hotel did not meet your expected standards. We do our best to surpass expectations for each and every guest. Your comments pointed our opportunities where we have a chance to do better in the future. However we are glad that you found our location and staff convenient and friendly. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.
Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine, GM
Hilton Head, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The location is a bit hard to find since it is not right on 88th Street and is hidden back behind a few franchise restaurants. But, the hotel itself is better than most Holiday Inn Express hotels. Good outdoor presentation with tropical landscaping, good rooms, quiet (since it is off the street), ...but a typical HI Express breakfast. BTW...for dinner skip the franchise restaurants and ask the hotel staff about nearby local restaurants (like La Carreta, a local Cuban restaurant). Overall a good hotel for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review. We always appreciate when a guest takes their personal time to let us and everyone else know how their stay with us was. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our unique hotel. We look forward to having you stay with us again very soon.
Sincerely, Brian E. Rubine, GM
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We flew into Miami on our way to the Keys and stopped here for a night. Great hotel. Very courteous staff at check in. Great room, very clean, plenty big. Good location--near many stores and restaurants. Staff gave great recommendation for nearby restaurants, which we took advantage of. Very good breakfast with many choices, from fresh pancakes to scrambled eggs to yogurt and oatmeal and cereal, etc. good value, too. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
kendalleast, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your brief stay with us. I will pass your comments on to the rest of our staff. Hopefully you can stay with us for a longer peiod of time next time you are in Miami. Thank you again.
Brian E. Rubine, GM

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kendall East Miami? Share your experiences!