We had the pleasure of going to this years Super Bowl and decided to try Grove Isle Hotel and Spa after looking at their website. I am very picky about my hotels and to say I look the rooms over is and understatement.
1. The Staff were wonderful and the front desk person took us on a quick tour when we got there. The valet parking guys were over the top nice and I was impressed when using the elevator that the staff would wait until the next (not that I cared). We did pay a valet fee and tipped several times however, it is clearly stated and the guys were quick and willing to help with directions.
2. The room was extremely clean and I am the type who walk into the bathroom first and look at the floor corners first. I know sounds funny but after seeing 60 Minutes stories about rooms has ruined me. The room was cleaning in the AM and then at night we had turndown service and towels were refreshed again. I guess if I had a complaint it would be the extra resort charge we paid for things like water in the room. Maybe they should include free cookies or something like that. They did have a basket full, refrig full and wet bar of items to purchase (way over priced like everywhere else).
3. Location was out of the way which we liked but easy to find. The little town of Coconut Grove was very close.
4. Pool and bar area are good but to be honest I only used once. Again, if I had a complaint it was no one came over to ask if I wanted a drink but not willing to make a big deal of it.
5. The restaurant Gibraltar. We decided to have dinner there instead of going to Emeril's place after looking at his prices. I want to give some extra points about our dinner.
The staff and expecially our waitress were unbelievable. I totally disagree with anyone who does not give them a good rating. We ordered several items from salads, chicken, swordfish and finished with desserts. They brought fabulous breads with two different spreads, two appetizers for us to sample and always filled out glasses not in a pushy way. We decided to try two different desserts even though we were full and let me tell you, the key lime pie was over the top including a topping of shaved white chocolate. They finished the meal with two plated chocolates. We even asked the staff to raise a divider that had been lowered as it was a little windy and they immediately raised it so we could enjoy the view.
Bottom line, worth every cent. I would go there again and again but as we are from Ohio, I don't know when we will ge back. I thank the entire hotel for giving us such a great experience.
- Also Known As:
- The Grove Isle Hotel And Spa
- The Grove Isle Hotel Miami
- Grove Isle Hotel
- The Grove Isle Hotel
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Priceline, Prestigia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.