“A Beautiful Gem near Coconut Grove, Florida” 5 of 5 stars

The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Grove Isle Dr, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #60 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“A Beautiful Gem near Coconut Grove, Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had the pleasure of attending a Christmas party at The Grove Isle Hotel and Spa on December 6, 2014 and decided to stay over instead of driving home after a big party. I never knew this hotel existed before because it is on a little island secluded from the main roads near Coconut Grove. We were supposed to have a Bay view room but instead upon our arrival we were upgraded to a Bay view suite! What a great surprise and what a great view! The personnel at the hotel are everywhere at your disposal. They will satisfy your every need. This is such a beautiful hotel. We were on the fifth floor in a corner suite; you couldn't have a better view of the bay. Book on line straight with the hotel for the best rate. This hotel is the perfect place for a getaway weekend! you won't regret it! We were leaving the next day but the spa are looked divine.

Room Tip: ask for a 5th floor corner room!
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

First time we stayed at Grove Isle and found it to be a hidden gem. Quiet location by the water close to the marina. The dining experience and music were fantastic! Tastefully decorated Outdoor lodgings. We will be back for a longer stay!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here an overnight. For Florida it was a cold night a heating the room took a bit too long. The views are fantastic if bay view. The furnishing need a refresh. Bathroom small but room itself good size. Spa my wife went to and she thought it very nice, but still a bit chill in temp.
night stay about $280 and expected a bit more for that. Without the view, hotel would have been only avg. compared to others in this price range.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had stayed at Grove Isle several times in the late 2000s and it was an idyllic getaway. The location was so very private and the dining experience, music, and lodging was excellent. It was also impeccably clean. When we returned in 2014, Grove Isle was under new management and it just seemed to be a few notches below what we had been used to. This was so disappointing because it is such a beautiful and picturesque property. We hope that the new owners can clean it up and make the common areas more inviting; otherwise, we will not return.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was hesitant to stay here because of negative reviews I read online. However, we didn't have any problems with the room, other than the fact that we had three people staying in the room, and they only provided towels and complementary waters for two people (which was a minor issue).

The night we arrived, they had the fire going outside. Not only was it beautiful, but there were fireworks across the other side of the bay. We had a good night sleep and woke up to a beautiful view. The advantage of being on an island is that we didn't experience any noise at night (other than ocean breezes).

Breakfast was good, but I was glad that I demanded (before we came) that the hotel confirm our agreement in writing before we came. We had a promotion which negotiated the cost of breakfast into our deal. Although breakfast was included in our package, the bill wasn't itemized. If I did not demand the details in writing, before we came, we would have had to pay twice for breakfast. Breakfast, in my opinion, is over priced and it should be negotiated in advance. FYI--breakfast comes with an automatic 20% gratuity, tax and, in many cases, you still have to pay for your drinks.

Also, I felt we had great customer service!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm obsessed with this hotel! I travel for work and pleasure at least once a month, and have had one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had at Grove Isle. The staff - from Rebecca at the front desk, valet, Julio & Jose at the restaurant, and Alfonso at the bar, everyone provided outstanding service. I only wish I had time to run on the beautiful path on the water or experience the spa, but I was working during my entire stay. Wi-Fi was available throughout the hotel for free, although i couldn't figure out how to use the business center computer.

The restaurant was fabulous - there's a huge spread at brunch that was to die for, and the dinner is also excellent. Having a drink by the firepit is sublime, and it's calm eating lunch out by the pool bar, overlooking the bay. The gym is also a very good size for a hotel.

Most of the rooms have a beautiful view of the bay and palm trees, and my only complaint would be that the beds aren't amazing heavenly beds - they could use an update on the sheets and pillows. The rest of my stay was amazing compared to other Miami hotels that this didn't even bother me that much.

If you want to get away from South Beach and experience an old school Miami feel, that's out of the way but located on a beautiful island only 20 minutes from downtown, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: The hotel does have one extremely modern, renovated room on the first floor - if you want modern ask...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you read other somewhat negative reviews, don't listen to them. I almost didn't stay here because of the disparity in reviews. I would have missed a spectacular hotel. There is some deferred maintenance, but the climate can be harsh & I believe they are looking at some extensive renovations. I hope that they don't give up the charm & feeling of the hotel for the prevalent area wide, overdone, glitzy Miami look with neon lights. So, with that being said, here is a little about our stay- We were greeted so warmly & felt automatically welcome. Our room was a beautiful suite offering an over sized balcony & a step up bedroom with a huge window, both overlooking the bay. Amazing views!! The room was somewhat dated, but with that view- who cares!! The pool & whirlpool spa were heated with a perfect temperature and also have stunning bay views. There is a tiki hut bar & patio dining area, also overlooking the bay, which serves the Gibraltar restaurant menu during the day. $15 - $17 sandwiches- but excellent quality. There aren't any additional restaurants on the island, so I wish that the resort would offer more snack options on their room service menu. Otherwise, Casola's delivers pizza or sub sandwiches to the hotel. The staff was excellent. A shout out to Chris, Joseph, Lassaro & Sebastian. They went above & beyond & were excellent. Chris even helped me look up a certain bottle of wine that I had there after my stay. The hotel is a private oasis that I didn't want to leave. Thanks Grove Isle- our stay was wonderful!

Room Tip: I asked for an upper floor room from previous reviews and loved it. I saw that many stayed on the m...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!