“Information is given erronously to customers” 5 of 5 stars

The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Grove Isle Dr, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #72 of 130 hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“Information is given erronously to customers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

On Sunday Jan. 13,2013 we called and made a reservation for four people to dinner at the hotel and requested to be very close to the water . when we arrived at the hotel we were seated somewhere else and they gave us a very poor excuse, the food was excellent but our night was ruined because a staff employee gave us the wrong information. Mr. & Mrs Paz in Miami.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ben L, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. We are fortunate to have such a special location with amazing views. All of our seating areas have a great view of the water, however the front row can only accommodate parties of 2 due to the limited size of the private platform on which each table is located. We apologize for any confusion during your restaurant reservation process. We hope you come back to enjoy the food, view and service at Gibraltar.

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Newport Beach, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I go to hotels and spas in Miami for my alone time. I decided to try this hotel on Tuesday Jan 16. The location was great but their communication with their guests for questions and concerns is very poor. I probably left 2 messages for the General Manager or a manager to call me and up to this day, I still have not received a return call.

Room Tip: Make sure if you book a spa treatment that you get the discount they offered with the package you bo...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and bringing your concerns to our attention. I am happy we had the chance to speak since you have posted this review and address the challenges during your stay. I trust everything was settled to your satisfaction and we look forward to welcoming you back to Grove Isle.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and myself have been going to this hotel every year around february for more than 15 years. I think the location is great, but the standards of the rooms are not up to 5 stars and the rooms are a little overpriced. The good thing is that you have your private marina for you boat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My brother got married here and it turned out real nice. The brunch was really good. I felt that even with the "wedding discount" the rooms were still insanely priced at $270/n. But it's Miami so every hotel is that way. Our room was comfortable and clean, I really enjoyed the bidet after destroying. The staff was very helpful and nice. We also really enjoyed the fire pit out back. It's some nice property with some good views, but don't expect it to be brand new because this property has a slightly older feel to it. One negative thing is that there is no free parking and you "have to" valet for $24 a night..."have to they say"....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We are happy to hear that you brothers wedding was a success. Our brunch is definitely one of the best in Miami. We hope you come stay with us again in the near future.
Los Angeles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I have to say honestly that leading up to the wedding and the wedding itself were amazing (the wedding coordinator for the hotel and assistant were very helpful) I cannot say that for anyone else though. We had a destination wedding so thought it was a great idea to have everyone stay at the hotel, with only 50 rooms and over 30 that we wanted to book we felt it would be a unique experience to feel like it was our hotel and island. What I have learned since is that even if this could not be found anywhere else in Miami it was a HUGE mistake to have everyone stay at this hotel. After they get your money all bets are off and even before they are not accommodating as a hotel or customer service individuals should be. From the moment we got there the hotel added stress to our wedding weekend. We, the bride and groom, were made to wait until AFTER the latest time they say they guarantee people to check in. We had gotten there at 8am and were not let into our room until after 4:30. They say guests will get into their rooms by 4pm and will try and accommodate earlier, which as we have since learned is the same blatant lie we experienced many times since. Every single wedding guest who stayed at the hotel also had this same poor experience as no one was able to get into their rooms until after 4pm. We had guests coming in from Thursday to Saturday all weekend and had personally booked over 30 of the rooms so there is no way the hotel had been booked full and they had to wait for people to leave which caused the delay. Multiple guest also experienced issues with air conditioners not working at all, including my brother with whom I as the bride even personally asked them to move his room, which they also refused to accommodate. So, he had to sweat in a hot room all weekend and all they told us they would give us back was the $25 resort fee, great - thanks. Even with all of that, this was not even the worst offense this hotel staff made. Without going into too many details because it was a very personal issue they have since blatantly lied to our face, done what we consider to be malicious and callous acts, coincidentally took our credit card for us to pay for something that we actually never received and shortly after had to cancel the card due to credit card fraud. I have called, my mother and my husband have all called the hotel a LARGE number of times to have NEVER once been called back yet each time we had been told that one of the managers, Ben Levine would call us back. Finally, they threw away a one of a kind, EXTREMELY sentimental item that no amount of money could ever replace after we had spoken with multiple contacts at the hotel about that item and had been told they would send it to us. All I have to say is that if you do decide to book this hotel for your wedding as it was an amazing location -STAY FAR FAR AWAY FROM THE HOTEL ROOMS THEMSELVES, stay somewhere else!!!.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ben L, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
JessicaLosAngles,
I am so sorry that you and your guests had such a disappointing experience at Grove Isle over your wedding weekend. I have been made aware of the challenges you encountered and I want to personally apologize as this is not a typical experience our guests have. I had made several attempts to contact you both on your mobile and office number provided but was unsuccessful. I want to inform you that although we cannot change your experience, we have made may changes in the management team, staff, and physical improvements to the property to prevent this from happening in the future. We have had challenges connecting via phone, so I welcome you email me, blevine@groveisle.com, and I can elaborate on the changes we have made and the actions taken to retrieve your sentimental item.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Grove Isle Hotel for 2 days/2 nights during the weekend of December 8th, attending a wedding and reception afterwards.The resort sits on its own island and on the bay. We were immediately impressed with the surroundings and when we got to the room we were even more impressed. While the place is somewhat dated, it does not by any means lessen its charm. The beds were very comfy and the room was very spacious enough as well. The only thing that disappointed was the shower -- a bit weak.
We surveyed the grounds and stopped at the outside bar which was a attended by a cool, friendly bartender. After a night on the town in Coconut Grove, the next day we had lunch in the hotel restaurant which was very good despite slow service. Do try the Key LIme Pie!
If you can catch a break in the price, I highly recommend this place for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Buzzcat5:
Thank you for your kind review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms, property and service. I am happy you took the time to dine at our restaurant, Gibraltar; the Key Lime Pie is fantastic!
Oakville Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My sister and I spent Friday to Monday, October 13 to 15,2012 at this hotel and enjoyed it very much. The staff were great, the room was great and the view was spectacular. It is a very quite and serene place to spend some time. We left to travel to the Keys for about 10 days and decided to spend our last 2 days back in Miami before flying home back at Grove Isle as we had enjoyed it so much. It is an ideal place to be for visiting Miami - short drive to South Beach, Key Biscayne, downtown Miami and a short drive to the airport.
Oakville kid.

Room Tip: It is a smaller type hotel and all rooms have a water view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Oakville Kid:
We are happy that you and your sister enjoyed your weekend getaway at Grove Isle! We take pride in our location, views and especially our staff. We look forward welcoming you back in the future!

Been to The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!