“Wonderful Wedding Weekend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 112 Hotels in Miami
Liberty, New York
“Wonderful Wedding Weekend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We went to Grove Isle for my cousin's wedding this past weekend. Upon arrival we were welcomed by the Hotel staff. Having only viewed the pictures online we were pleasantly surprised to see the beautiful views of Biscayne Bay from our room and the restaurant and bar areas. It was picture perfect and serene. The hotel staff were were very accommodating and very courteous. My cousin had a beautiful ceremony on the grounds overlooking Biscayne Bay. The ambience of the ballroom was very romantic and the food delightfully tasteful. I was impressed by the attention we were given by the general manager, Mr. Levine, who personally attended to our needs. All are to be commended for a job well done. My family and I would certainly recommend Grove Isle Hotel and Spa to others and we will certainly book this Hotel in the future when we are in the Miami area.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor with a beautiful view of Biscayne Bay and easy access to walk aroun...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ben L, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Tom P,

The entire wedding party was truly a pleasure to have with us. I am happy to hear that everyone enjoyed the weekend at Grove Isle. Our location is very special with views of Biscayne Bay making the perfect backdrop for a relaxing vacation or a romantic wedding ceremony. We take pride in our staff and I am glad your experience has exceeded your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ariel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We booked this stay with Grove Isle for a girls spa weekend. In walking into our room, we thought the A/C had been turned off because it was so warm. No, the A/C was broken. In reading the reviews and seeing all the months where the A/C has been broken, I'm shocked at the price they charge.The pictures on their website is NOT what it looks like. I should of read all the reviews on this website before I booked, that is my error. We went down to speak to the manager, who looked at us blankly, and she advised us they have no night manager. Uh, ok....so what do we do for air? She said she had no idea. The next night it's now reaching 90 degrees in our room and we go back down and ask for a fan. They said they had no fans and that the A/C had been broken since last week. I could not believe they knew this and never said a word. They overcharged my credit card for services we were supposed to be discounted for since we booked a spa package. I am now fighting to have these fees taken off. The elevators are hideous and old, smell and had bugs crawling up the sides. The hotel rom itself was needing a HUGE face lift. The room, on average, goes for $245. Make it worth it and make it so it's not a lie on the website with fake professional pictures. Staff is rude, everything sucked. Seriously, move on from this place. All the poor reviews say exactly the same thing. Learn from us, don't stay here.

Room Tip: A/C constantly broken. Has bugs EVERYWHERE!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Michelle B,

I am sorry that your stay at Grove Isle Hotel and Spa was disrupted with so many challenges. We have addressed the air conditioning malfunction and purchased some fans as a precaution of future issues. We have also restructured our management to have the appropriate staff members on property helping our guests throughout the day and night. I have shared your feedback with our staff so they are aware of the experiences they are providing. It is important that we address our guest concerns in a polite, gracious and efficient manner. Again, I sincerely apologize that your stay less than satisfactory and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Without this authentic feedback we are unable to improve. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly for assistance in correcting your billing issues.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Grove isle holds special memores for my wife and I as I proposed there. Now 2 children and 5 years later we went back. The place had not changed. Wonderful settings but the rest a major let down, the spa was wonderlful then in the showers my wife found insects, when she informed reception. They just laughed about it. Please grove isle have a refurnishment and clean up you act

• Stayed July 2012
Sergio71sas,

Thank you for visiting us at Grove Isle Hotel & Spa. It is a truly special place that has been the backdrop for great memories for many people. I am happy that you were able to relive this with your wife. I am so sorry that there were insects in your shower and embarrassed by the reaction of our front desk. We have brought this to the attention of our staff made changes that will allow us to create special memories for our future guests. I hope you visit us again soon to relive your positive memories.
Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This small boutique spa has amazing treatments and therapists, they really go above and beyond. I'm sad to say I lost a turquoise earring there somewhere on site so if found please let me know, it's a stud earring. The jacuzzi tub facing the water is real secluded and the people are friendly, this is not a stuffy pretencious feeling. Real comfortable and professional, I loved this little cottage. It's a gem!

Room Tip: I did not use the valet, I took my chances to park on property nearby and there were no tow signs. I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Milldale,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spa experience with us at Grove Isle Resort and Spa. We are lucky to have such a special location, facility and staff; it allows for a tranquil yet professional environment.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Beautiful, peaceful setting. The grounds are meticulously manicured. The rooms are clean and spacious. My wife and I traveled with our 20 year old daughter and 17 year old son. We requested and received adjoining rooms. The service was above average with the exception of room service. All in all I would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed August 2012
Sweda,

Thank you for your comments! Our location and setting is quite magical with amazing views of the bay, Miami Beach and Key Biscayne. I have shared your feedback regarding room service with our restaurant manager and we have created systems to improve this for the future. I am happy that you enjoyed our over sized guest rooms and professional staff and look forward to welcoming you back to Grove Isle Hotel and Spa.
Lake Worth, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Grove Isle is a wonderful hote! It sits right on the bay so all you see is water outside of your room! The food is delicious, they have a 4 star restaurant on-site, the spa is awesome and you will have a great time - guaranteed!!

Room Tip: Ask for room 101! It's awesome and the view is incredible! All you see outside your sliding glas...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol W.,

We appreciate your authentic feedback! All of our guest rooms have full water views and terraces. Our restaurant provides a fresh and exciting menu with an excellent wine selection. The Spa at Grove Isle is proud to have one of the few authentic Watsu pools on the east coast and an extensive list of massage and facial services in a comfortable and professional atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grove Isle in the near future!
myob
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great food and quiet weekend on the waters edge on Biscayne Bay. Very relaxing spot just moments from the hub bub of Miami. We loved being on a private island just moments from the grove. Had a lovely lunch and then snoozed on a comfy chaise on the edge of the bay. Very attentive pool bar service.

Room Tip: bay view is super
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!