“Please read this BEFORE you book at Grove Isle Spa and Resort” 1 of 5 stars

The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4 Grove Isle Dr, Coconut Grove, Miami, FL 33133   |
Ranked #71 of 130 hotels in Miami
Ariel
“Please read this BEFORE you book at Grove Isle Spa and Resort”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We booked this stay with Grove Isle for a girls spa weekend. In walking into our room, we thought the A/C had been turned off because it was so warm. No, the A/C was broken. In reading the reviews and seeing all the months where the A/C has been broken, I'm shocked at the price they charge.The pictures on their website is NOT what it looks like. I should of read all the reviews on this website before I booked, that is my error. We went down to speak to the manager, who looked at us blankly, and she advised us they have no night manager. Uh, ok....so what do we do for air? She said she had no idea. The next night it's now reaching 90 degrees in our room and we go back down and ask for a fan. They said they had no fans and that the A/C had been broken since last week. I could not believe they knew this and never said a word. They overcharged my credit card for services we were supposed to be discounted for since we booked a spa package. I am now fighting to have these fees taken off. The elevators are hideous and old, smell and had bugs crawling up the sides. The hotel rom itself was needing a HUGE face lift. The room, on average, goes for $245. Make it worth it and make it so it's not a lie on the website with fake professional pictures. Staff is rude, everything sucked. Seriously, move on from this place. All the poor reviews say exactly the same thing. Learn from us, don't stay here.

Room Tip: A/C constantly broken. Has bugs EVERYWHERE!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ben L, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Michelle B,

I am sorry that your stay at Grove Isle Hotel and Spa was disrupted with so many challenges. We have addressed the air conditioning malfunction and purchased some fans as a precaution of future issues. We have also restructured our management to have the appropriate staff members on property helping our guests throughout the day and night. I have shared your feedback with our staff so they are aware of the experiences they are providing. It is important that we address our guest concerns in a polite, gracious and efficient manner. Again, I sincerely apologize that your stay less than satisfactory and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Without this authentic feedback we are unable to improve. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly for assistance in correcting your billing issues.

259 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Grove isle holds special memores for my wife and I as I proposed there. Now 2 children and 5 years later we went back. The place had not changed. Wonderful settings but the rest a major let down, the spa was wonderlful then in the showers my wife found insects, when she informed reception. They just laughed about it. Please grove isle have a refurnishment and clean up you act

• Stayed July 2012
Sergio71sas,

Thank you for visiting us at Grove Isle Hotel & Spa. It is a truly special place that has been the backdrop for great memories for many people. I am happy that you were able to relive this with your wife. I am so sorry that there were insects in your shower and embarrassed by the reaction of our front desk. We have brought this to the attention of our staff made changes that will allow us to create special memories for our future guests. I hope you visit us again soon to relive your positive memories.
Maitland, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

This small boutique spa has amazing treatments and therapists, they really go above and beyond. I'm sad to say I lost a turquoise earring there somewhere on site so if found please let me know, it's a stud earring. The jacuzzi tub facing the water is real secluded and the people are friendly, this is not a stuffy pretencious feeling. Real comfortable and professional, I loved this little cottage. It's a gem!

Room Tip: I did not use the valet, I took my chances to park on property nearby and there were no tow signs. I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Milldale,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your spa experience with us at Grove Isle Resort and Spa. We are lucky to have such a special location, facility and staff; it allows for a tranquil yet professional environment.
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful, peaceful setting. The grounds are meticulously manicured. The rooms are clean and spacious. My wife and I traveled with our 20 year old daughter and 17 year old son. We requested and received adjoining rooms. The service was above average with the exception of room service. All in all I would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed August 2012
Sweda,

Thank you for your comments! Our location and setting is quite magical with amazing views of the bay, Miami Beach and Key Biscayne. I have shared your feedback regarding room service with our restaurant manager and we have created systems to improve this for the future. I am happy that you enjoyed our over sized guest rooms and professional staff and look forward to welcoming you back to Grove Isle Hotel and Spa.
Lake Worth, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Grove Isle is a wonderful hote! It sits right on the bay so all you see is water outside of your room! The food is delicious, they have a 4 star restaurant on-site, the spa is awesome and you will have a great time - guaranteed!!

Room Tip: Ask for room 101! It's awesome and the view is incredible! All you see outside your sliding glas...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Carol W.,

We appreciate your authentic feedback! All of our guest rooms have full water views and terraces. Our restaurant provides a fresh and exciting menu with an excellent wine selection. The Spa at Grove Isle is proud to have one of the few authentic Watsu pools on the east coast and an extensive list of massage and facial services in a comfortable and professional atmosphere. We look forward to welcoming you back to Grove Isle in the near future!
myob
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Great food and quiet weekend on the waters edge on Biscayne Bay. Very relaxing spot just moments from the hub bub of Miami. We loved being on a private island just moments from the grove. Had a lovely lunch and then snoozed on a comfy chaise on the edge of the bay. Very attentive pool bar service.

Room Tip: bay view is super
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Awful hotel. Old, worn down and not clean. Roaches the size of softballs are there waiting to greet you when you check in to your room. The ceiling fan, phone and AC did not work. In addition the Hotel book mentioned a mini bar stocked with items however this did not exist. No vending machines, ice machines, gift shop or anyway to fine a simple bottle of water in this hotel. You are on your own once room service closes! Since you are on a small island you are pretty much out of luck if you are thirsty at night. The room itself felt dirty (the floors had stains all over, bathroom too) and the bed was so droopy and old I felt like I was staying someplace that had not been updated since 1970. The Pool was very dirty too like it had not been cleaned in months. Lack of towels around the pool area showed me that service is not a priority for this hotel. The whole feel of the hotel was old, musty and needed a face lift bad. At least at night it looked less dirty and beat up, maybe it was just the poor lighting.

On a positive note the food at the restaurants was excellent. It was a shame that a great chef decided to waste his talents at a run down, beat up dump like this.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. if you do make sure you get a room with an AC unit that works and bring plenty of...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!