“Needs some improving!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 111 Hotels in Miami
Hitchin, United Kingdom
“Needs some improving!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We arrived at the hotel and our room was ready which was great. The first thoughts on the room was great, but we had to ring down to reception to have all the alcohol which was in a cupboard (amounting over $1,000) removed from our room, as the cupboard was at our 19 month old daughters height and i didn't fancy picking up the bill for this. The cupboard was full of dust and god knows how long the drink had been there!

The shower in the bathroom was terrible, no pressure at all and an old fashioned TV mounted on the wall. The rooms in general were very tired and needed updating.

The view from the balcony was fantastic, which probably saved the day with the room.

There was no kids menu supplied, which i found quite shocking from such a hotel, so i had to fight for an omelette to be cooked for my daughters dinner, then realised we had been charged $20!!! Which is outragious!!

THe concept of the hotel is lovely and the views are breath taking, though not sure the actual hotel lives up to the reputation! It needs some monrey spent on it to update it!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

We purchased a 2 night package through living social. The location of the hotel is beautiful and very private. We arrived early and our room was not ready. We decided to sit by the pool and relax. We ordered a pina coloda (No alcohol was detected in this drink) and an unsweetened iced tea. $22.00 are they nuts? That ended our drinking at the hotel. We went to our room and it is beautiful. The view was great. The shower was TERRIBLE. No water pressure at all. Big dissappointment. Through the living social deal we also received free continental breakfast while we were there. THE WORST SERVICE EVER. My husband decided that he did not want the continental breakfast and ordered an omlette ($16). The toast arrived 10 minutes before the omlette (overcooked) and we were not happy. When we checked out this morning I returned the coupons for the free meals since we would not go back again. On a positive note the spa was wonderful. We took advantage of a 80 minute massage special that they had. The massage therapist were very professional and it was a great relaxing experience. The breeze on our balcony was also beautiful.
P.S. $24.00 a day for parking

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
groveisle4, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and we deeply apologize for the negative encounters you had. Here at The Grove Isle Hotel and Spa we strive on our service standards and are consistently working hard to meet up to each guest's expectations. We would love to invite you back and can assure you a wonderful stay this time around! Please do not hesitate to contact our General Manager or someone from our management team to arrange your next stay with us. We look forward to servicing you again!

new city,ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

I purchased a 3 night get-a-away package from Living Social and it was better than I could have imagined..The hotel is very private, the staff extremely pleasant and the setting was just beautiful..We enjoyed the spa services as well as the delicious food served in the restaurant.It is going to be one of our new found places to just "get-away".

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
groveisle4, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the kind feedback and are glorified to hear you had such a wonderful stay on our private island. We strive on our service standards here at the hotel, as well as all the wonderful amenities you were able to experience, and are delighted to hear that you have found a new "get-away". We look forward to servicing you again in the near future.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

I don't know where to begin. I stayed her off of a Living Social deal. When I got to the hotel I was very excited being my first time in FL and all. When I walked into the lobby I could see straight thru the double doors to the bay. I felt like I was on an exotic Island. I went to check in and was told that my room with the Bay View was sold out. It was disappointing at first until the young lady at the counter called the front desk supervisor Nicole to help me. I instantly thought my experience was going to be a bad one until Nicole said we are very sorry sir but I am going to take care of you. And boy did she. Nicole upgraded me to another suite that was out of this world. I walked into this room and could see straight thru the double doors out to the bay. This room was absolutely Gorgeous from the marble floors thru out to the shower with body jets, and a glass sink in the bathroom. It took me 5 min just to figure out how to turn the sink on it was so modern.That room looked like something on the Divine Design show. I was waiting for Candice Olson to give me a personal tour. I thought I had died and went to heaven. I woke up the next morning to the most Beautiful sunrise off the water while laying in my bed. I felt like Scarface. The only thing that was missing was my own private yacht out front. That evening I sat on the patio and watched the sunset and the moon rise. The next day as I walked the halls I ran into Nicole and she remembered my first and last name. In fact half the staff remembered. They made me feel like a celebrity. I had to ask if they thought I was the way they treated me. They said no they didn't and that was just how they value there customers. Well I felt like one anyway the whole weekend. I went out to a comedy show came back and even the valet attendant remembered my name. This is indeed to me a 5 star hotel. I live in Las Vegas and know all to well what a 5 star hotel is and this hotel is at the top of my list. For the money this hotel is a hidden treasure, So much so I started not to write about my stay because I don't want to many people asking about my private room. I don't want it to be sold out when I go back again. They should name it the Vegas Suite. Anyone that does not believe how Beautiful this room is tell Nicole Kevin sent you and you want the same room she gave me. Men I promise you if you bring your lady she will not want to leave this room the whole weekend, and once you get on this private Island I think that would be the idea if you know what I mean. All I ask is that you name your first born after me.

Room Tip: Ask for the Las Vegas Suite. That is my personal name I think they should call it. Bay View, Marble...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Grove Isle Hotel and Spa! We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoyed one of our suites so much and have even given it a name. The views on our island are absolutely spectacular and we are pleased that you had the opportunity to experience this as well as the service that was provided to you! We hope to see you again soon and once again, thank you for such kind feedback.

washington dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I stayed here on a living social special... and wow. it was fabulous. The grounds are more like a resort than simply a hotel. To start, the hotel is on a private gated island that is accessible by a bridge from coconut grove. There is a long walking path circling the island with beautiful trees, views of the water, and even a tiny private beach! There are outdoor "rooms" all over the resort, with firepits, chairs and sofas, and amazing views. The pool area includes a poolside bar and an amazing view of the bay. The dining was also top notch. we had continental breakfasts included every day, and was very happy with both the food and the service. We also had lunch there and I have to say that the presentation was excellent as well. At night, the restaurant transforms into a posh jacket and dress type establishment with a nice bar, music, and a romantic view of the bay. We were too busy out in miami beach to have dinner there, but we hope to try it next time. The restaurant staff also provided some great off resort recommendations for dining (we went to The Forge, and it was really posh and hip at the same time).

The rooms are also nice and spacious with tile floors, a european style bathroom (with bidet), and balconies overlooking the water. There was a 42 inch TV in our room as well.

Our room also included a separate seating area.

We will most definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
groveisle4, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are absolutely thrilled to know you had such a fabulous stay with us! We take much pride in our resort and all the great amenities we have to offer and hope that each and every guest enjoys them as much as you did. We are pleased to hear that our restaurant staff was able to provide you with such excellent recommendations and hope you can experience Gibraltar here at the hotel on your next visit. We look forward to servicing you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

What a wonderful weekend get-a-way. Just a two minute drive from activities in beautiful Coconut Grove Florida lies this romantic, elegant yet casual gem of a hotel.

Situated on what appears to be a little island a couple hundred feet from the mainland (don't worry, a small bridge will help you not get wet). One you arrive you'll immediately feel like you're in a boutique hotel in Bali or some other exotic island.

The room was spacious, beautifully decorated and incredibly comfortable with a relaxing view of the Bay.

We really loved the outdoor evening dinning. Many of the outdoor tables for two or four were located at multiple levels between the main outdoor dinning area and the water. Little walkways and decks transported you to these alcove dinning spots.

Another of our favorites were comfortable outdoor chairs clustered around constantly burning fire pits. Though a little warm to spend much time at the fire pit in August in summer, this must be a great place to relax in the Fall and Winter.

If you're looking for a romantic get-a-way to spend time relaxing away from the hustle and bustle of Miami, we highly recommend a visit to Grove Isle.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such positive feedback and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed such a relaxing stay with us away from the 'hustle and bustle'. We take much pride in the decor of our rooms and strive to make them as comfortable and as spacious and as possible. We are ecstatic to hear you enjoyed our burning fire pit and the lovely outdoor seating by the bay at Gibraltar restaurant! We hope to see you again soon.

North Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

my room was great: beautiful view of the sunrise over biscayne bay from my bed. just open the double doors, sit back down with a cup of coffee and enjoy the show

the staff were very attentive

the resort itself is just like the brochure.

this little escape will be repeated. next time with hubby. i loved it.

Room Tip: if you can, upgrade to the bay front rooms. well worth it
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for the kind feedback. We are absolutely pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beautiful view over Biscayne bay and delighted to hear that our staff met up to your expectations! We hope to see you again soon and this time with the "hubby!"

The Grove Isle Hotel and Spa

Been to The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!