“Never go back again!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #69 of 130 Hotels in Miami
Coral Springs, Florida
“Never go back again!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

I made my reservations months in advance for a family wedding, I had two rooms reserved and paid for. The day we arrived they bumbed us out of the hotel and a sais they had a large amount of rooms with plumbing problems. We had to stay a few miles away from everyone, they felt they did not owe us anything since they arranged us to move to another hotel. The hotel was very basic. We missed out on alot of the activities and were unable to drink due to the fat we had to drive away from the hotel. The bartenders were not very nice in the bar at the Grove Isle. No microphone for the wedding, we could not here the ceremony. Very disappointing weekend.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
groveisle4, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 24, 2011
Dear Guest,

We sincerely apologize for the last minute emergency we had with having to put a few of our rooms out of order and moving you to a hotel down the street due to our high occupancy. We arranged a lower room rate at the alternate hotel and we understand your dissapointment being how you were not at the same property as the rest of the wedding party. We would be pleased if you contacted our General Manager directly to discuss your concerns and a future return.

The Grove Isle Hotel and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

It was the PERFECT place for our annual weekend get-away!! My girlfriends and I enjoyed being lazy by the water most of the day. It's a nice location - because it's not too far from anything, yet tucked away from the huh-bub! The rooms are beautiful - the scenery is gorgeous!!! THANK YOU!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
groveisle4, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 12, 2011
Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay on your annual weekend get-away with your friends! We will be adding a "girlfriend's get-away" package to our website in the near future so that you and your girlfriends may enjoy another lazy weekend by the water. Thank you for the excellent feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Bellport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

I don't believe that we were just fortunate that our 4 night stay (5/22 - 5/26) was a great vacation at Grove Isle. I honestly feel that any negatives I could mention in this review were merely things beyond the staff's control.
Everything was as advertised and we had exactly the room that we reserved. The location is great. The staff was friendly and attentive. We did not have any real complaints to test the staff's ability to handle unhappy customers and did not witness any disgruntled guests.
The one problem we did have was that we were not able to receive an internet signal in our room for the last 2 days of our stay. Oddly enough, we could get a signal down at the pool just not in our room. We called the front desk and they said that the internet was working and no one else had complained of this. I do believe that if we had pressed the issue they would have done whatever they could to try to help us with our problem.
The time we were there is their off season and found the hotel very quite and empty. Had the pool all to ourselves most of the time. A short drive away we were able to find all the people, noise, and activity you could want from downtown Miami. Eventhough we were there during two NBA games and there was some light construction it was only 10 - 15 minutes to Downtown or South Beach.

Room Tip: try to get above third floor for unobstructed view
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
groveisle4, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear you had a fabulous stay with us! The hotel was almost at full occupancy during your stay and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the peaceful, serene atmosphere of our resort. Thank you for the beautiful pictures you added and we hope to see you again soon.

Fantasyland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

I stayed 5 days and 4 nites May 18-22, 2011...Beautiful place to stay..can't find nothing bad to say...food was great...Richard at the Tiki Bar was a real treat...all the staff was amazing..the manager was so gracious to us....loved all the personal touches...will definately stay there everytime I am in Miami.

Room Tip: Book early and save. Fourth day stay was free...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We value such great feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa! Please do not hesitate to contact us before your next stay as we are always pleased to serve you the best way we can!

London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

Grove Isle is a great place to stay, the hotel grounds are really lovely and attentively looked after and the waterfront location is superb from an early morning jog right through to a relaxing drink by the fire late in the evening.

Pros: Large rooms, nice decor, individuality of the place, food at Gibraltar, security offered by private gated complex, plenty of pool beds available especially in the week, the running track around the island

Cons: Food and drink are a bit pricey (although that could be that my £'s are still worth rather less than they used to be), it's a drive to go anywhere else and cabs aren't always easy to come by

Be aware: The resort facilities are shared with condo residents and the self park (if you want to avoid $25 a day just to park your car) is right at the other end of the island.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
groveisle4, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that going for a morning walk or jog on our pathway that circle's the island is a great way to start the morning. Our fire pit is an extra touch in the evening that look's right out to the ocean and is quite relaxing for anyone to sit back and unwind from their everday lifestyle. We are currently working with some new local transportation companies in the area to ensure a quicker response for our guests. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you soon!

Miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2011

My wife and I are busy bee's. On Saturdays she works and I attend an executive MBA program. It is difficult for us to travel for multiple nights but we live in Miami and I decided to surprise her for our first wedding anniversary with a one night stay, dinner at the Gibraltar (the hotel restaurant), and the cherry on top a romantic spa session.

I checked in on Saturday and the rooms were a bit old but clean and a nice view. The restaurant, Gibraltar was great. The hotel and restaurant knew we were celebrating a special occasion and the host gave us the table alongside the bay. It was a beautiful and amazing view.

The next day I had planned a 1:30pm spa session for us both and reserved the "Watsu" pool for 45 minutes after. They called it the "romance" package and I reserved it a week in advance. When we arrived we were escorted to the relaxation room and left to wait for about 15 minutes. Next we were told by the spa receptionist that we had to choose which one of us two were going to get the massage because they only had one therapist??? I immediately replied it was unacceptable considering I had called a week in advance and I specifically told them it was my first wedding anniversary. She then told me I could always just reschedule. This is my first marriage and I am not that experienced in this field but I do know rescheduling a wedding anniversary is not a good idea or feasible. I then walked out and immediately went to the lobby and asked for the hotel manager. I was expecting a more sensitive, understanding, and helpful individual. Instead I dealt with a manager who told me they had no control over not having sufficient therapist. I was disgusted as there was a lack of compassion and above all a resolution to please a client. What can you expect from a staff that is lead by this type of individual?

Overall I will NEVER go there again. I couldn't believe they ruined my first wedding anniversary. Fortunately, I have a loving wife and she was just pleased with my attempt to make it a memorable time. However I am not pleased with the hotel spa's lack of customer service oriented individuals. Its not like they are charging Motel 6 prices. I wouldn't recommend staying here, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from having dinner at Gibraltar.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
groveisle4, Manager at The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear guest,

We apologize profusely for your disappointment here at the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa on your one year anniversary. One of your scheduled therapists was in a slip and fall accident just minutes before your appointment and was rushed to the hospital. Unfortunately your reservation could not be re-scheduled as all other therapists were engaged in services as previously discussed that day. We sincerely apologize that your services were beyond our control and hope that you give us the oppurtunity to show you the type of customer service we strive to offer here at the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I made a reservation at this hotel for one night to attend a friend weeding. The customer service is great from the guys at the valet parking to the front desk counter. I was help by an employee by the name of Aura at the front counter she was very pleasant and helpful. Room services were also great. The room air conditioner was a little bit noise but once you fall asleep you will be fine. The waiters at the wedding were so nice and helpful. They should be more careful with the dance floor because it was slippery and I felt no big deal but if an elderly person falls is not going to be funny and the hotel could find them in a big lawsuit. Other than that the brunch was delicious and the service was super good. This is a place I can recommend to all my friends.

Dear guest,

We are so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us here at the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa. Thank you for such kind words on our staff, we are delighted to hear feedback such as yours. It let's us know that we are meeting our customer service goals and proud to provide our guests with exceptional service. Hope to see you again soon!

The Grove Isle Hotel and Spa

Been to The Grove Isle Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!