“Good Hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #97 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Tallahassee, Florida
“Good Hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Good hotel . Near to lots of restarurants, not so far from the airport, from DownTown Miami and from Miami South Beach . People that work there are very helpfull and polite . I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The rooms turned to the Ponce de Leon Blvrd are a little noisy while the doors are open. Just close...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Karthaus, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife & I have stayed here several times before & after cruises from the Port of Miami... they offer a free van service (tips appreciated) to/from airport & Port of Miami. Someone expected a free van trip from Fort Lauderdale airport to Coral Gables....a $75.+ cab trip....for free? Be realistic ! The van driver is GREAT! He saved our cruise by cutting through Miami traffic to the Port. The hotel is older, worn and does needs restoration, but it is very reasonable for the area, and our rooms have been clean, bed linens fresh, TV working and the front desk friendly. The DINNER Restaurant is EXCELLENT .....the breakfast is terrible....they are slow, unorganized, and rude. Then they wonder why we walked out,.....duh! PS....ask for Armando at the restaurant at night, he's been there 11 years and knows his stuff!

Room Tip: Ask for a "renovated" room !!!!!!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Gainesville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2014 via mobile

I travel extensively and the need to write reviews for other travelers. This hotel needs to be more honest about their "business" traveler. I needed to accomplish some work on my computer but the internet never worked. The room smelled musty and relatively clean. furniture needs to be updated. The front desk clerk had a disagreement with housekeeping as to who was going to mop the water from the leaking ceiling...very unprofessional. The waitress at the restaurant appeared to have very little clue about the menu and how to provide service. My checkout was early (4 am) and when I arrived at the front desk, the elderly gentlemen was laying down asleep on the lobby sofa. He was half asleep while doing the paperwork and required me to pay in cash because their "credit card machine" had malfunction. Not worth a repeat stay

• Stayed September 2014
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2014

Miguel of the FontaineBleau Security Team made our day. Last night was a big convention dinner/dance 1,500 people plus. I left my phone on the dinner table and did not discover it until the next morning. We contacted hotel security and then used our Apple Find Phone feature and watch as my phone wondered around the hotel.

The hotel security team on many floors zeroed in and found the phone and it was returned to me.

Room Tip: worth the price, great experience was in the Tressor Tower which are built like condos complete with...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

I booked this hotel based on the that they claimed to have a shuttle. The individual that I spoke with said the shuttle would be available when I arrived. There was no shuttle, and I ended up taking a taxi. The next day I asked about breakfast that was included with the room; the gentleman at the front desk said "ah! continental breakfast." For my continental breakfast, I was handed two pieces of toast and a cup of coffee.
I am not sure where they got that idea of a continental breakfast. I thought a continental breakfast includes more than that.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect, relatively close to the airport, Downtown Miami, Brickell, Seaside, Miami Beach and Coconut Grove by car. it's located In a quiet neighborhood. There is a free trolley that goes along Ponce de Leon Avenue, which takes you to nearby restaurants. The exterior 60's architectural facade with its balconies gives this hotel a lot of charm.
The Front desk is very friendly and accommodating, they make you feel welcome and they would recommend the areas to sightseer and dine. We ended up staying an extra day and they where able to offer me the same rate I got in the website.
Regarding the rooms make sure you ask for the ones that were newly renovated, there are a few sections in this hotel that have not been renovated yet and they look a bit dated.
Overall my family and I enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for the newly renovated rooms with a balcony
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

You know, it wasn't all that bad! I have seen/stayed in worse and I was extremely grateful for a bed given that the whole city was booked out and we are on an reroute from Chicago to Bogota due to ice storms. The place is dated, eclectic and under renovations. Not quite a modern hotel, but memories of glory days linger. Carnival Cruise lines uses it for something so it must meet some muster. The work crew was applying very potent adhesives the evening I arrived so perhaps the fumes have affected my judgment. The very grumpy shuttle driver back to airport completed the experience! My Colombian friend blames the grumpiness on the Cuban influence (his words, not mine!). Walk next door to the pocket park and learn about Ponce de Leon while you wait for your ride to the airport.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Chateaubleau? Share your experiences!