“Beautiful area, great internet” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Chateaubleau
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Miami, FL 33134-3321   |
Ranked #98 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Talladega, Alabama
“Beautiful area, great internet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was there in June with my in laws and I loved it. It is cozy and clean and is located in a spectacular area, with walking access to many restaurants and the iconic calle 8. You can get a free trolley to move along the main avenue. I loved it. The internet is great. I could log in very easily with my laptop even from the beautiful fountain across from it. The internet is strong AND DOES NOT NEED A PASSWORD or anything to log in. I loved it.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
Homestead, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My house was being fumigated and I work near that area so I booked this hotel for 1 night. Its a relatively inexpensive hotel, no frills type of place so don't plan a family vacation around this hotel. Now, if you want to go out drinking on "Miracle Mile" or have a layover at the airport and want to spend the night, then this hotel does the trick. The area is really nice and there is plenty of stuff within walking distance, so this place is not super bad. Room wise, the bath room definitely needs some renovations. I got a decent size desk, tv, fridge and it was roomy. All and all this is an "EH" kind of hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
cleveland, oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is one of those places that United Airlines puts you up in when they screw up your flight. They tell you it's a great place, but it is an absolute hole. Do not stay here. The rooms are dirty, the locks on the doors do not work properly, there are tiles missing from the bathroom, mirrors are broken, lights don't work...and United puts you up there!! And this is after they sell your seats to people on stand-by because your flight (another united flight) gets to the airport late. You'd be better off sleeping in the airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
az
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We waited at the curb at the airport for over an hour and made four calls to the hotel asking where they would pick us up. After the final call they finally told us we needed to be up one floor. As if we had ever been here before. So the man did not speak english and was obviously mad. He slammed our luggage into the back of the van and slammed the doors. We finally arrive at the hotel and get checked in. We are hungry and tired at this point. We get our luggage to the elevator and get stuck in it three times having to call the front desk each time to let us out. After standing there and watching staff play on the lobby computer we ask the lady at the front desk how we are going to get all this luggage to the second floor. She looks up and says it will have to be carried. Really?? She does get help from a guy in the kitchen. He is not very big and the luggage surely out weighed him. So the whole time the guy who drove us just walked back and forth and looked at us refusing to offer a hand. Ok so we get the luggage to the room and start to get settled. Ughhhh....dated room, ceiling in bathroom stained and peeling. We are so tired that we just dont care anymore. We decided to check out the attached restaraunt. It was nice. Food was good. Priced rediculously high. It cost around 23 dollars for two shrimp and a piece of chicken cut up and put on a kabob. We head off to bed. The next morning we check out and wait for a ride to go to the cruise port. We settle out by the pool where an old man that appears to be family is smoking. We look at the balconies and it appears that alot of people are living here. The patio furniture was moved to their balconies from the pool. Also overheard a conversation between the lady who worked the night before and the man at the counter in the morning regarding canceling a credit card because a charge was made to it. It appears these folks are not paying their bills and definately dont repair anything in the hotel. This is not the place to stay for a precruise hotel.

Room Tip: Call ahead and read reviews
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Second time here, everything is kind of OK, I don't understand why so many bad reviews. A few months ago I had trouble with the wifi signal but now, Dec. 2012, it works pretty well and it's strong and takes no password or anything. All in all three stars.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kingston, Jamaica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed there to take advantage of a fairly economical rate and proximity to a facility I was doing business with. Encountered a school ma'am type who made you feel you were encroaching rather than them swerving you. Elevator archaic and nerve racking, sliding doors in the room hard to budge and pipes don't work too well. The only advantage to the place was its proximity to my business location. Place needs overhauling!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was trying to be budget conscious when I was traveling to Miami and decided to take a chance on this hotel. The pictures on the website looked fine and was not expecting too much. First of all the hotel was not in great shape when I arrived, debris around the parking lot and a handful of people sitting outside smoking. My room was not very clean at all; the bathroom sink was broken and put back together by some type of resin. The neighbors next to me were very loud as was the traffic outside my window. I ended up finding out the loud neighbors were crews from the cruise lines coming in. I checked out 2 days early and went to a Courtyard.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Chateaubleau? Share your experiences!