“Eye Opening Bypass this hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel Chateaubleau
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Miami, FL 33134-3321   |
Ranked #98 of 129 Hotels in Miami
az
“Eye Opening Bypass this hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We waited at the curb at the airport for over an hour and made four calls to the hotel asking where they would pick us up. After the final call they finally told us we needed to be up one floor. As if we had ever been here before. So the man did not speak english and was obviously mad. He slammed our luggage into the back of the van and slammed the doors. We finally arrive at the hotel and get checked in. We are hungry and tired at this point. We get our luggage to the elevator and get stuck in it three times having to call the front desk each time to let us out. After standing there and watching staff play on the lobby computer we ask the lady at the front desk how we are going to get all this luggage to the second floor. She looks up and says it will have to be carried. Really?? She does get help from a guy in the kitchen. He is not very big and the luggage surely out weighed him. So the whole time the guy who drove us just walked back and forth and looked at us refusing to offer a hand. Ok so we get the luggage to the room and start to get settled. Ughhhh....dated room, ceiling in bathroom stained and peeling. We are so tired that we just dont care anymore. We decided to check out the attached restaraunt. It was nice. Food was good. Priced rediculously high. It cost around 23 dollars for two shrimp and a piece of chicken cut up and put on a kabob. We head off to bed. The next morning we check out and wait for a ride to go to the cruise port. We settle out by the pool where an old man that appears to be family is smoking. We look at the balconies and it appears that alot of people are living here. The patio furniture was moved to their balconies from the pool. Also overheard a conversation between the lady who worked the night before and the man at the counter in the morning regarding canceling a credit card because a charge was made to it. It appears these folks are not paying their bills and definately dont repair anything in the hotel. This is not the place to stay for a precruise hotel.

Room Tip: Call ahead and read reviews
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Second time here, everything is kind of OK, I don't understand why so many bad reviews. A few months ago I had trouble with the wifi signal but now, Dec. 2012, it works pretty well and it's strong and takes no password or anything. All in all three stars.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Kingston, Jamaica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed there to take advantage of a fairly economical rate and proximity to a facility I was doing business with. Encountered a school ma'am type who made you feel you were encroaching rather than them swerving you. Elevator archaic and nerve racking, sliding doors in the room hard to budge and pipes don't work too well. The only advantage to the place was its proximity to my business location. Place needs overhauling!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was trying to be budget conscious when I was traveling to Miami and decided to take a chance on this hotel. The pictures on the website looked fine and was not expecting too much. First of all the hotel was not in great shape when I arrived, debris around the parking lot and a handful of people sitting outside smoking. My room was not very clean at all; the bathroom sink was broken and put back together by some type of resin. The neighbors next to me were very loud as was the traffic outside my window. I ended up finding out the loud neighbors were crews from the cruise lines coming in. I checked out 2 days early and went to a Courtyard.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

My flight was cancelled and the airport stuff gave me a voucher for this hotel. I stayed at this hotel for 15 min and checked out to stay at another hotel. I did not know that hotels this bad still exist! Nasty! Smelly! Disgusting! The staff at the front desk didnt even bother to ask why i checked out sp fast. He just smiled when i told him that i just checked in a few minutes earlier. I guess they are used to this. DO NOT CHECK IN! The worst nightmare came true.

• Stayed September 2012
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My flight from Miami was cancelled as there was a technical fault with the aircraft. I stayed at Chateaubleau Hotel in Miami. On arrival the smell of the hotel was rancid with 8 Mexican looking young men loitering in reception. That was unsettling!!! I was starving and the kitchen was closed. The receptionist was a man of around 80 who seemed grumpy. The room smelt stale and as for the bed!!! I slept on the chair!!!At 2:30am someone was knocking on my door!!! I called Reception who sent someone to check - no feedback. in the morning I went downstairs at 5am as I just wanted to leave. There to greet me was a huge cockaroach!!!!! Was that breakfast??? Oh No!!! The kitchen was closed!!!! Never again!!!

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms which are on blind corners and exposed to the isolated land.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
CHATEAUBLEAU, Manager at Hotel Chateaubleau, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We apologize for your bad experience at our hotel. We try to accommodate everyone the best we can. It seems like at the time of your arrival you weren't under the most favorable circumstances. When we receive distressed passengers from airlines we try to do our best under short notice.
Our restaurant is open from 7AM to 11PM although certain times, we keep it open after hours when we are expecting late arrivals. There are plenty of take outs open late near our area and even walking distance.
We have security cameras in our property and we keep only the main lobby entrance open.
We apologize again for your bad experience during your stay; we take these feed backs very seriously and we appreciate your comments.
Cadiz, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I want to point out I would have NEVER picked to stay in this hotel myself. We were stranded in Miami due to a missed flight coming back from Curacao. Our airline recommended the hotel at a discounted rate of $99, and said it was "nice, very nice" and had a shuttle service for the airport.

When we got there and saw the dirty couches in the lobby, and the outdated decor, I knew we were in trouble. The elevator wouldn't work the first time we pressed the button. When we got to our room it was (gag!) like something from a $25 per night dump on the side of the road! The bathroom shower head had pink gunk growing on it, both water faucets said "HOT", and neither put out more than a trickle. There was a tub liner apparently attached to the bottom of the tub to prevent slipping, but one corner was turned up and brown underneath. I actually smelled the sheets before getting in, and even then all night wondered if I was getting bit by bed bugs, or getting lice. When we moved the end table to find a place to charge our phones I saw dust piled up on the base boards, and the sheets dragged the ground on the bed and weren't tucked in. The carpet was absolutely filthy. I wouldn't walk across the room without my shoes on.

At night you could hear the cars drive by. That, with the sound of the air conditioner unit and the squeeky ceiling fan, and the thought of picking up some sort of critters from the bedding meant NO SLEEP!

IMHO, this place needs to be gutted and renovated by someone who knows how to run a hotel. I've travelled a lot, and this is my second worst of all time.

Room Tip: Do NOT go here! Stay at the airport if you have to, but don't go here. You'll sleep better...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Chateaubleau? Share your experiences!