“Perhaps not unless you are desperate!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Chateaubleau
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Ponce de Leon Blvd, Miami, FL 33134-3321   |
Ranked #78 of 113 Hotels in Miami
Kingston, Jamaica
“Perhaps not unless you are desperate!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed there to take advantage of a fairly economical rate and proximity to a facility I was doing business with. Encountered a school ma'am type who made you feel you were encroaching rather than them swerving you. Elevator archaic and nerve racking, sliding doors in the room hard to budge and pipes don't work too well. The only advantage to the place was its proximity to my business location. Place needs overhauling!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Polish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was trying to be budget conscious when I was traveling to Miami and decided to take a chance on this hotel. The pictures on the website looked fine and was not expecting too much. First of all the hotel was not in great shape when I arrived, debris around the parking lot and a handful of people sitting outside smoking. My room was not very clean at all; the bathroom sink was broken and put back together by some type of resin. The neighbors next to me were very loud as was the traffic outside my window. I ended up finding out the loud neighbors were crews from the cruise lines coming in. I checked out 2 days early and went to a Courtyard.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

My flight was cancelled and the airport stuff gave me a voucher for this hotel. I stayed at this hotel for 15 min and checked out to stay at another hotel. I did not know that hotels this bad still exist! Nasty! Smelly! Disgusting! The staff at the front desk didnt even bother to ask why i checked out sp fast. He just smiled when i told him that i just checked in a few minutes earlier. I guess they are used to this. DO NOT CHECK IN! The worst nightmare came true.

• Stayed September 2012
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My flight from Miami was cancelled as there was a technical fault with the aircraft. I stayed at Chateaubleau Hotel in Miami. On arrival the smell of the hotel was rancid with 8 Mexican looking young men loitering in reception. That was unsettling!!! I was starving and the kitchen was closed. The receptionist was a man of around 80 who seemed grumpy. The room smelt stale and as for the bed!!! I slept on the chair!!!At 2:30am someone was knocking on my door!!! I called Reception who sent someone to check - no feedback. in the morning I went downstairs at 5am as I just wanted to leave. There to greet me was a huge cockaroach!!!!! Was that breakfast??? Oh No!!! The kitchen was closed!!!! Never again!!!

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms which are on blind corners and exposed to the isolated land.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
CHATEAUBLEAU, Manager at Hotel Chateaubleau, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We apologize for your bad experience at our hotel. We try to accommodate everyone the best we can. It seems like at the time of your arrival you weren't under the most favorable circumstances. When we receive distressed passengers from airlines we try to do our best under short notice.
Our restaurant is open from 7AM to 11PM although certain times, we keep it open after hours when we are expecting late arrivals. There are plenty of take outs open late near our area and even walking distance.
We have security cameras in our property and we keep only the main lobby entrance open.
We apologize again for your bad experience during your stay; we take these feed backs very seriously and we appreciate your comments.
Cadiz, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I want to point out I would have NEVER picked to stay in this hotel myself. We were stranded in Miami due to a missed flight coming back from Curacao. Our airline recommended the hotel at a discounted rate of $99, and said it was "nice, very nice" and had a shuttle service for the airport.

When we got there and saw the dirty couches in the lobby, and the outdated decor, I knew we were in trouble. The elevator wouldn't work the first time we pressed the button. When we got to our room it was (gag!) like something from a $25 per night dump on the side of the road! The bathroom shower head had pink gunk growing on it, both water faucets said "HOT", and neither put out more than a trickle. There was a tub liner apparently attached to the bottom of the tub to prevent slipping, but one corner was turned up and brown underneath. I actually smelled the sheets before getting in, and even then all night wondered if I was getting bit by bed bugs, or getting lice. When we moved the end table to find a place to charge our phones I saw dust piled up on the base boards, and the sheets dragged the ground on the bed and weren't tucked in. The carpet was absolutely filthy. I wouldn't walk across the room without my shoes on.

At night you could hear the cars drive by. That, with the sound of the air conditioner unit and the squeeky ceiling fan, and the thought of picking up some sort of critters from the bedding meant NO SLEEP!

IMHO, this place needs to be gutted and renovated by someone who knows how to run a hotel. I've travelled a lot, and this is my second worst of all time.

Room Tip: Do NOT go here! Stay at the airport if you have to, but don't go here. You'll sleep better...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Braila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed for a night in April 2012 in this nightmare. Run people, run. Urine smell everywhere, no working shower, no working ac etc...I could continue till tomorrow. So RUUUUN.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed here for one night in March. It cost $170. You need to call the hotel for the airport shuttle. I did. 2 hours later, I called again. This time they came.

Outside that, no knock on the hotel. The rooms are fine, the area is interesting and the location is convenient. The service once I arrived was all good. But it is still clearly a budget option. If it cost $50, I'd give it 4 stars.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Chateaubleau? Share your experiences!