“WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #99 of 129 Hotels in Miami
London
“WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My flight from Miami was cancelled as there was a technical fault with the aircraft. I stayed at Chateaubleau Hotel in Miami. On arrival the smell of the hotel was rancid with 8 Mexican looking young men loitering in reception. That was unsettling!!! I was starving and the kitchen was closed. The receptionist was a man of around 80 who seemed grumpy. The room smelt stale and as for the bed!!! I slept on the chair!!!At 2:30am someone was knocking on my door!!! I called Reception who sent someone to check - no feedback. in the morning I went downstairs at 5am as I just wanted to leave. There to greet me was a huge cockaroach!!!!! Was that breakfast??? Oh No!!! The kitchen was closed!!!! Never again!!!

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms which are on blind corners and exposed to the isolated land.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
CHATEAUBLEAU, Manager at Hotel Chateaubleau, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
We apologize for your bad experience at our hotel. We try to accommodate everyone the best we can. It seems like at the time of your arrival you weren't under the most favorable circumstances. When we receive distressed passengers from airlines we try to do our best under short notice.
Our restaurant is open from 7AM to 11PM although certain times, we keep it open after hours when we are expecting late arrivals. There are plenty of take outs open late near our area and even walking distance.
We have security cameras in our property and we keep only the main lobby entrance open.
We apologize again for your bad experience during your stay; we take these feed backs very seriously and we appreciate your comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Cadiz, KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I want to point out I would have NEVER picked to stay in this hotel myself. We were stranded in Miami due to a missed flight coming back from Curacao. Our airline recommended the hotel at a discounted rate of $99, and said it was "nice, very nice" and had a shuttle service for the airport.

When we got there and saw the dirty couches in the lobby, and the outdated decor, I knew we were in trouble. The elevator wouldn't work the first time we pressed the button. When we got to our room it was (gag!) like something from a $25 per night dump on the side of the road! The bathroom shower head had pink gunk growing on it, both water faucets said "HOT", and neither put out more than a trickle. There was a tub liner apparently attached to the bottom of the tub to prevent slipping, but one corner was turned up and brown underneath. I actually smelled the sheets before getting in, and even then all night wondered if I was getting bit by bed bugs, or getting lice. When we moved the end table to find a place to charge our phones I saw dust piled up on the base boards, and the sheets dragged the ground on the bed and weren't tucked in. The carpet was absolutely filthy. I wouldn't walk across the room without my shoes on.

At night you could hear the cars drive by. That, with the sound of the air conditioner unit and the squeeky ceiling fan, and the thought of picking up some sort of critters from the bedding meant NO SLEEP!

IMHO, this place needs to be gutted and renovated by someone who knows how to run a hotel. I've travelled a lot, and this is my second worst of all time.

Room Tip: Do NOT go here! Stay at the airport if you have to, but don't go here. You'll sleep better...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Braila
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

I stayed for a night in April 2012 in this nightmare. Run people, run. Urine smell everywhere, no working shower, no working ac etc...I could continue till tomorrow. So RUUUUN.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Budapest, Hungary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

I stayed here for one night in March. It cost $170. You need to call the hotel for the airport shuttle. I did. 2 hours later, I called again. This time they came.

Outside that, no knock on the hotel. The rooms are fine, the area is interesting and the location is convenient. The service once I arrived was all good. But it is still clearly a budget option. If it cost $50, I'd give it 4 stars.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

Advertises shuttle to airport every hr on the hr. Driver finally showed up at 7:10am and then said "5 min". He disappeared for 15 and finally leisurely returned 15 min later with coffee in hand. No apologies. No greeting. Unreliable. This place feels like the ghetto

• Stayed April 2012
We take our transportation service very seriously.

We have our shuttle leaving from the hotel every hour on the hour.

We appreciate your feed back and we have since monitored our drivers very carefully.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thank you!
Rastatt, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

If you don´t care about loud noises at night coming up from generators in frot of your terasse and ur ok with a very small bathroom then it´s ok to stay for one night but not longer.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed at this hotel several times in past years while attendfing the Sony Ericsson tennis event. This year the facilities appeared run down. The service was poor. We called down for a couple of extra towles 3 times before we received them. A bus parked outside our room each morning with its engine idling. This was very annoying. Thishotel needs to be redecorated (painted and new furnishings) to comeup to acceptable standards in my opinion. I was less than satisfiede with my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate your feed back!

Since your last stay, we have started heavy renovations. We will still keep our boutique family operating style and award wining restaurant on premise. We have also reviewed our room service procedures. We now have a room service response time of no more than 5 minutes.

We invite you to come back and stay with us to let us know your thoughts.

Thank you!

Been to Hotel Chateaubleau? Share your experiences!