“Great Italian” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery
Miami
“Great Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Great food in the neighborhood. I usually get the Chicken Parmesan which is excellent. Pizza is good, but I prefer Anthony's. New location is nice.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

74% Recommend
Miami, Florida
“Bigger amici's but not better food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for a long time. The new place is very nice. We always bring friends to eat here and they love it. Yesterday (Saturday) We went to have a nice dinner, the place was not that busy so we thought great ! we are going to have a great time. Well, the service was really good, but the food was not as good. We ordered Oyster Rockefeller, they came warm not cook, some were even cold in the inside. The sea food lasagna was overcook, the fish and the shrimps were rubbery. My daughter ordered the chicken Fracaise with bake Ziti. The ziti came without being Baked. Had to go back. We didn't made a big deal about the meal, but let the waitress know about the problem. We love this restaurant and hope the quality of the food doesn't suffer at the new location. (We ordered Wine and it took a long time to come. ) perhaps it was a new cook??? We will be back and will report here the findings. Management please keep your eyes in the kitchen!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami
“Its in my neighborhood. Lucky me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Amici's Trattoria Italiana has been around for a long time but I recently stopped by and coud not believe the bigger/better Amici! The ambiance is very nice. They have a full bar now and their oysters & mussels appetizer are great.
The staff is friendly and ready to make your stay a memorable one.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Amici's authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

As a neighborhood restaurant in the West Kendall area of Miami, Amici's has really grown over the years, mostly because of the high-quality food dished out in large proportions and at reasonable prices. I've never had a friend I have recommended it to come back with anything but raves for the food. Amici's started as a very small, hole-in-the-wall place in the Hammocks Shopping Center with probably a half-dozen tables, if that. A few years later, it moved a few doors away and doubled in size, but retained a homey atmosphere. This fall it moved next door and went more upscale. The interior has the feel of a Miami Beach nightclub. But the good thing is, Tony, the owner, has kept the quality of the food at the same high standards, though it is a bit pricier. We also encountered some service delays on our recent visit, mostly because the place was packed on the Sunday night before Christmas. Thus my wife and daughter-in-law were served their entrees (lasagna and penne vodka) first and were nearly through eating before my son and I got the pizza we had ordered. Of course, my wife had warned me that the pizza was going to take a while, Still, the service wasn't up to its usual high standards. Not overly slow, just not quite as efficient as had been the case in the past. No doubt, one factor is that with the larger facility Tony has had to increase his staff and it may take a while for the newcomers to catch up. But the main thing is the food. We all took leftovers home with us and were able to enjoy the meal a second time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Train your Stuff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have been going to this Restaurant for a long time at the old building, were food and service was excellent.
Last knight (Wednesday) I went with my wife, the place looks like a Million really nice, we step in and the Hostess (Male) was chit chatting with one of the waitresses, waited to be seated but I guess the chat in between then was more important than a customer waiting, I interrupt with a table for 2 sign . Once seated we waited for 12 minutes and nobody ever showed up. I go to the front and tell the Host to move me to an area of the Restaurant were waiters are working. He agree to move me instead of getting a waiter to take care of business. 3 more minutes and a Waiter show up . We order a Pizza and 2 "Cans" of Coke they bring 2 glasses of Coke instead. We waited for another 20 minutes for the Pizza. The waiter was never on site, it looks that the only Waitress working the floor was a blond girl with a Santa s hat taking care of her customers in a very Professional way.
It looks like the restaurant its run by Clowns and the owner of the Circus is not around.
This waiters and Bus Boys they suffer of Lack of Training, they have no clue how to sell. I was never ask if I wanted an appetizer, a bottle of wine or nothing that will bring more Revenue to the Restaurant on more money for the Tips.
Food is Good Service Sucks big time, starting at the door.

• Visited December 2012