“Amici's authentic Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Miami, Florida
“Amici's authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

As a neighborhood restaurant in the West Kendall area of Miami, Amici's has really grown over the years, mostly because of the high-quality food dished out in large proportions and at reasonable prices. I've never had a friend I have recommended it to come back with anything but raves for the food. Amici's started as a very small, hole-in-the-wall place in the Hammocks Shopping Center with probably a half-dozen tables, if that. A few years later, it moved a few doors away and doubled in size, but retained a homey atmosphere. This fall it moved next door and went more upscale. The interior has the feel of a Miami Beach nightclub. But the good thing is, Tony, the owner, has kept the quality of the food at the same high standards, though it is a bit pricier. We also encountered some service delays on our recent visit, mostly because the place was packed on the Sunday night before Christmas. Thus my wife and daughter-in-law were served their entrees (lasagna and penne vodka) first and were nearly through eating before my son and I got the pizza we had ordered. Of course, my wife had warned me that the pizza was going to take a while, Still, the service wasn't up to its usual high standards. Not overly slow, just not quite as efficient as had been the case in the past. No doubt, one factor is that with the larger facility Tony has had to increase his staff and it may take a while for the newcomers to catch up. But the main thing is the food. We all took leftovers home with us and were able to enjoy the meal a second time.

• Visited December 2012

“Train your Stuff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have been going to this Restaurant for a long time at the old building, were food and service was excellent.
Last knight (Wednesday) I went with my wife, the place looks like a Million really nice, we step in and the Hostess (Male) was chit chatting with one of the waitresses, waited to be seated but I guess the chat in between then was more important than a customer waiting, I interrupt with a table for 2 sign . Once seated we waited for 12 minutes and nobody ever showed up. I go to the front and tell the Host to move me to an area of the Restaurant were waiters are working. He agree to move me instead of getting a waiter to take care of business. 3 more minutes and a Waiter show up . We order a Pizza and 2 "Cans" of Coke they bring 2 glasses of Coke instead. We waited for another 20 minutes for the Pizza. The waiter was never on site, it looks that the only Waitress working the floor was a blond girl with a Santa s hat taking care of her customers in a very Professional way.
It looks like the restaurant its run by Clowns and the owner of the Circus is not around.
This waiters and Bus Boys they suffer of Lack of Training, they have no clue how to sell. I was never ask if I wanted an appetizer, a bottle of wine or nothing that will bring more Revenue to the Restaurant on more money for the Tips.
Food is Good Service Sucks big time, starting at the door.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
“Nothing special...just standard Italian.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I lived in Italy for awhile (military) so I am critical of Italian food now. I a ordered carbonara and my girlfriend ordered the spaghetti with meatballs. It is pretty standard Italian food, nothing special but not bad. Hate to sound pretentious but...it's good for America but Italian food is better in Italy.

Miami, Florida
“Great place! Worth the price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I visited Amici's in a Friday night. We had read other reviews and decides to check it out. We were pleasantly surprised. The food was very tasty and big portions. The staff was nice and attentive as well. It seems they remodeled and they did an excellent job. I already started recommending this place to friends. It's not high end pricing but a quaint place with a cool, modern decor.

Miami, Florida
“Brooklyn Italian Native says WOW!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I found this gem of a restaurant at a friends recommendation. She is also from NYC and said it is the closest thing to home. She was soooo right! I have never been disappointed with this restaurant. Most recently, they have expanded and renovated and it is quite trendy while keeping that family feel. My favorite entrees are as follows: Shrimp Fra Diavolo (little spicy which i love), eggplant parmigiana, and Amici's Ziti which is exactly how my Nonna (grandmother) used to make it. The tomato sauce is mixed with ricotta which is mixed in to the ziti, with strips of breaded eggplant, and smothered on top with mozzarella cheese.....

• Visited November 2012