In September 2009, my sister and I prepaid a room for one night before a 4 day cruise with Royal Carribbean. It was $83 plus taxes.(a Sunday night). We enjoyed the Bayside market across the street, we did a harbor cruise and supplied ourselves with last minute take alongs at the drugstore up the street before heading for the ship on Monday. We felt the $83 charge was about right for the age and condition of the hotel.
We walked out front of the hotel and hired a yellow marked taxi only to find that it didn't have it's meter on. We had a very personable taxi driver who proceeded to tell us the fare was $20 to the port... nice try. We told him we would give him $10. (2 people plus 2 carry on bags).
THIS year we decided to do the trip again a month later, October 17th so we once again tried every discount program we have and came up with $136 PREPAID plus taxes for the same room type. We had 3 rooms bringing husbands and parents. On check in, we gave our credit card even knowing that there wouldn't be ANY charges as it was only an overnight stop before our cruise. We had a large line in the lobby the next morning. We decided to head for the port and caught a big yellow taxi for 6 to the port. ($12 plus tips 6 people - 6 bags) with a meter.
Whe we got back home, my sister's credit card was charged $75.00 by the hotel. She called the hotel and was told it was a "hold" and would fall off after a few days... This was a credit card! My credit card was charged $76.32 on a day after we had left on the cruise. When I called the hotel I was told the charge was for the restaurant, when I said we hadn't used the restaurant I was told the charge was for 18 boxes of children's cereal to the room ???? What? The bookkeeper said he would reverse it in a few days...
If you stay here make sure to get a check out receipt and monitor your credit card statement afterwards. Visa said they would dispute this for us.
Visa said they hadn't heard of this excuse before... No accusations but very curious that
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn