“Great place to stay. Excellent Location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Save up to 25%
Ranked #54 of 131 hotels in Miami
Michigan
“Great place to stay. Excellent Location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2009

My husband, our teenage son, our five year old son, and I stayed one night here before getting on our cruise ship. The location is excellent. We checked in and walked across the street to the Bayside Mall which had a good variety of shops, excellent restaurants, and great bars and music. This hotel is right in the center of activity, yet it was a very safe area and quiet in the hotel. We had a suite which was large and comfortable. The pool area was kind of small, but totally acceptable. It is only a short cab ride to the port. We could actually see our ship from our hotel room window. Excellent place to stay, especially if you are cruising or even if you just want to have some fun.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

1,112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

ok so we stayed at this hotel two days pre cruise. The hotel was easy to find the only thing I wasnt please with is that we got there at 1am to check in and couldnt find a place to park, so come to find out you have to pay for the parking. I was a little upset because I was not advise that, so there parking there was $12 a day but close at 12am so we found another place to park on the other side of the hotel for $10 a day (fyi-the people there speak only english and expect a tip umm not so much). So any who we check in just fine , the hotel didnt have a smell to it beds where GREAT we didnt want to get out of them lol. For those of you who dont want to pay hotel breakfeast there is a village inn about 5 blocks away. So Bayside market place was right across the street, we ate at Bubba Gump diner (pricey but nice) the shops are nice and we also did the bout tour around the port of miami and that was nice. So for those traveling to Miami that is a great hotel to say pre-cruise and for kids. Also check out the Miami Sea Aquarium nice place for the kids.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2009

Stayed for 1 night after a cruise. Location was perfect - only $10.00 for taxi fare from the port to the hotel. Taxi can take you to South Beach for approx $15. Otherwise there's a bus located across the street that can also take you for less money. Hotel is located directly across from the Bayside Outdoor Mall. Many restaurants to choose from at the mall overlooking the bay. Live entertainment at the mall. Hotel pool was nice and plenty of lounge chairs to catch the sun. Room was plenty large for 4 people with addititonal seating. Everything looked clean - including the lobby. We arrived at the hotel early so the hotel held our luggage for us. Staff was friendly and helpful when we asked about ordering pizza and also getting to South Beach. They even gave us a coupon book for Bayside Mall. There is a bus route across the street to bring you to south beach. Oh yeah.....I found 2 computers on the 2nd floor for guest usage - I checked in online for our airline ahead of time! No additional charges for the computer usage. Your able to see the ships in port which was cool to watch. We had a great stay!

Only thing was I thought kids eat free. But the hotel said because I prebooked the room I wasn't eligable and it was for kids 12 and under. Mine were 14 and 16. Anyways the breakfast buffet was $12.95/each. So instead of spending $50.00 for breakfast we ate at the airport for $20.00.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2009

Stayed here for two nights before a cruise. Excellent location for pre cruise and close to Bayside marketplace. Room was very tired, especially the bathroom. Airconditioning broke down and although there was a note on the bed to advise this on the first night it was still not fixed on the second night. The room was freezing cold and although a repairman came to our room it was not repaired and we both got bad colds from the experience. They deducted some money off the account however I would not stay there again.There were not enough towels available for pool users. The bar only opened after 5.00pm.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Dunedin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2009

I was in Miami for a conference (at the Hilton downtown) and chose to stay at the Holiday Inn because it is far cheaper. (Besides, I don't like being cooped up at conferences.) I'm pleased that I did as I found it a nicer place to stay. Sure the Holiday Inn is older, and definitely not as swanky (I had colleagues in very nice suites at the Hilton), but unlike the Hilton the broadband at the Holiday Inn worked, it was free (unlike the Hilton), there was a room with computers and free printing (unlike the Hilton) and just around the corner from lots of good restaurants (unlike the Hilton). I was pleasantly surprised that the hotel is very clean with no 'hotel' smell. (I had previously stayed in the Holiday Inn LAX that is not so clean.) I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Fortaleza
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

I stayed there for 3 nights in early feb '09. The hotel is very nice, well located, nice neighborhood, very close to bayside market place, wich has nice latin restaurants. The room was very clean, the bathroom as well.
The staff, although, were very unhelpful. We arrived at night, tired from a 4 hour trip from Orlando, carring like two dozen bags (we were 12) and there wasn't one single person to help us with the luggage. Not mentioning that there isn't a parking lot, so we had to find out at night where to put our rental cars, cause the staff wasn't able to at least tell us the best place to put them. We ended up paying too much for a not so good parking.
Besides that, I would recommend it. It's a good hotel.

• Stayed February 2009
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

We stayed here 1 night pre-cruise (as I'm sure most of the guests there were also doing) and it exceeded our expectations. I had read mixed reviews so was glad to see I had no reason to be concerned. We redeemed priority club points for this stay. We arrived around 3pm on a Friday and check in went smooth and fast. Staff was friendly, hotel was clean, rooms were great. We had a King suite on floor 5 at the front / corner of the building. Large room (actually 2 separate rooms) one with couch, chair, tv and sink / fridge area and the other with king size bed, bathroom and another tv. Had a great view of Liberty of the Seas on Saturday morning. I had read about this before we got there, so when I woke up I couldn't wait to run over to the window and open the curtains and see our ship waiting for us. We didn't eat at the hotel at all, so can't comment on their food. We walked over to Bayside (love it) and ate at Bubba Gumps for dinner. There's a liquor store within a couple of blocks in case you need to "stock up" pre-cruise. In the morning we had a quick bite at McDonalds just a few blocks away also. It does get quite busy in the morning around check out time, so be prepared for that. Your best bet is to get up and out early, or let the crowd clear and then check out around 11 or 12. We chose the latter. If I had one complaint, it would be the placement of the bathroom in the king suite. There were 4 people in our room, 2 adults and 2 kids. The kids slept on a pull out couch in a separate room - but the bathroom was in our room. Not too much of a big deal.....This was our first cruise out of Miami and I wont hesitate to stay here next time we do also!

• Liked — Proximity to Port of Miami; Bayside
  • Disliked — Parking Lot (Small & Narrow!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!