I really liked this hotel. The check in & out process was quick & easy. There's a nice standard pool in the back and a small gym. The decor in the lobby was fun and colorful- just like something I imagined I would see in Miami. They have a memorizing bubble art piece as a room divider. There is a bar and restaurant in the lobby.
The main beach road is directly in front of the hotel but I never heard any road noise. Parking is "valet only" directly behind the hotel, you enter via 4th St.
My room was really large and quite comfortable. Two double beds and a large living area with couch, coffee table and chairs. There was a small microwave and mini fridge under the TV. There was also a desk to work at. My room had a great view of the park and cruise port.
There is just a tiny amount of counter space in the bathroom- not a big deal but just odd. WIFI was iffy- perhaps ok for Facebook? But not adequate to get any work done. I had to switch to my cell carrier to get anything completed.
I had seen reviews that complained about the slow elevators and there were signs saying new high speed ones were going to be installed but I never had an issue. I did try to take the stairs for some exercise but the door at the bottom floor said "emergency use" only so I walked up a flight and then took the elevator down. I wasn't there long enough to ask a staff member if there was a way to use the stairs to get to the lobby..
The best part of this hotel was the location. There's a McDonald's behind the hotel. A CVS drug store about a block away and a 7-11 2 blocks away. There's also a huge Ross in an odd little shopping area about 3 blocks away.
Be warned there are lots of beggars on the streets- during the day/early evening there are also loads of tourists milling around so it's not too creepy. In fact my male business associate told me he engaged several of them in conversation and found out lots of interesting info abut the area. But after about 10pm it's just you and them (for the most part) and as a female traveling alone it's just uncomfortable to constantly be asked for $$.
The Bayside Market place (an open air but covered mall) is right across the street with loads of shops and restaurants. It's open late every day with bands and all kinds of excitement. It's also incredibly crowded even on a Sunday night at 10pm!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn