We had to be in downtown Miami for some meetings and the staff at the office said that the Holiday Inn-Port of Miami was about 5 doors down and across from Bayside Marketplace. Sounded just fine so we booked 4 nights. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted warmly and efficiently by Noel at the front desk as we checked in. We had a corner suite and while spacious, really could have used a refurb. glorious views of the port where the cruise ships come in and out. Our 4 nights turned in to just one because of a few issues:
1. of the 3 elevators, only 1 is working. so, you are waiting, as we did, sometimes in excess of 10 minutes for an elevator to bring you up or down. As we were on a high floor, I had concerns about being able to get out of the building should the need arrive (one of us was ill, etc).
2. More safety concerns: every time we walked out of the facility we were approached by homeless people asking for money and/or cigarettes right outside the door to the hotel. No attempts made by hotel staff (standing outside) to discourage that kind of solicitation.
3. I ordered room service for dinner and the food was adequate but then I had to listen to the staff person complain to me about how there is only one elevator and it takes forever for them to deliver food etc etc.
4. Continental breakfast was included in our fee. When we went to breakfast, we opted to upgrade (at an additional cost) to the full breakfast. Any juice other than the one juice type drink on the buffet was additional cost. There were no eggs, just an empty chafing dish, the bacon was also absent, just a bunch of overcooked bacon bits in the bottom. We had to ask restaurant people 2x to replenish. When they did and we sat down, the food was ice cold.
At that point, the bunch of little things added up to a non restful, enjoyable stay. We opted to check out and go elsewhere. The staff was absolutely wonderful and the room was ok though stuck in a weird late 70s groovy decor. If they fix the elevators and do something about keeping people begging from their front door we would consider staying there again and just know we won't eat at the hotel (and with Bayside right across the street, you don't really need to).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn