We stayed for two nights before boarding a cruise ship.
Check in was very average. On arrival I ran inside whilst hubby and daughter waited in the car, as we needed to find out where the hotel parking area was. The girl on the desk was very indifferent and advised me that the parking lot was under construction and not available so we needed to park in a lot near the hotel, that cost us $10. (Not good customer service at all)
Once parked and our luggage all dragged Into the lobby, the same girl checked us in. She seemed tired and disinterested, and after making small talk with her she advised us it was the last day of her long week, and she was ready for a break. She actually seemed like she'd be quite pleasant if she wasn't so tired!
We then waited ages for an elevator up to our room. On opening the door, the damp smell of an old hotel room hit us in the face. It wasn't the worst I've ever smelt, but it wasn't the best either. We figured it was only for two nights so we could put up with it. (Im sure all rooms probably smelt the same anyway?) The view over Bayside and the water kind of made up for it too.
The room itself was small and worn looking. The carpet was stained too. The bathroom was vey old and tired, and so small. But, in saying all this, for the money we paid, it served a purpose, and we were only sleeping there for two nights.
One thing I will add, is make sure you request a room away from the ice machines. I don't know if it was people using it all through the night or just the ice being made, but it was so noisy, it kept us awake!
The only facility we used other than our room was the guest laundry. That was a welcome sight for us as we were travelling for 7 weeks around the USA, so had to pack light and wash clothes regularly. If I remember rightly it was 6 quarters for the washer and 6 for the dryer?
I would recommend this hotel for short stays of one to two nights, but if you were holidaying in the area for longer I would advise to find something elsewhere. Maybe closer to the beach?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn