We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights prior to a cruise through the Panama Canal. We arrived early, but Christian checked us into a large, clean, beautiful room immediately. How could anyone not like this room? I felt pretty foolish asking to be relocated, but I really wanted a view of the port. Christian did so immediately, and this room, though smaller, had an amazing view of the port and the activity on the Bay.
There is a beautiful mall across the street where we spent a lot of time. We ate at a couple of nice, but expensive restaurants. There are no refrigerators in the Holiday Inn rooms so much of the food was wasted. Then we found something like a food court upstairs in this Biscayne Mall which met our needs quite nicely. We did choose to have breakfast at the hotel. It wasn't anything spectacuar, but the service was wonderful, and the coffee was great. There was a breakfast buffet for something like $17 per person.
We also took a boat ride on the Bay which was a wonderful way to spend a couple hours. I would like to point out that around the corner from the hotel is a staircase leading to a free elevated metro-train that takes you to several places in downtown Miami. We used this to find a really nice restaurant for lunch one day. We also walked one block to the most wonderfully stocked drug store I have ever seen which even included aisles of wine. This is another reason why it would have been nice to have a small refrigerator.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Low Cost Holidays, IHG, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HRS, Orbitz, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn