My family (2 kids and Grandma and Grandpa along with my husband and I) spent 2 nights prior to our cruise. The best thing about this property is the location. I emailed the manager a month before our trip asking for a room facing the cruise port and they responded saying they were happy to be able to gets us a room as requested. We loved spending time shopping, dining, live music at night, plus plus plus at Bayside right across the road. When we arrived, we went to the CVS 2 blocks south for some beer and wine, juice and snacks for the room. Our rooms weren't ready when they were supposed to be, for hours actually so make sure you pack your patience. They did store our luggage so we could go explore. The pool was small but our kids loved it. The elevators were a disaster leaving to the port so give yourselves extra time. I think the entire hotel was leaving on a cruise the morning we checked out... It was nuts. We paid $5 / person for a large van to the cruise port. It was great as we all went together, the hotel concierge organized it for us.
All in all, the hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. We really loved the location which will most likely bring us back. My husband and Father in law went deep sea fishing right from Bayside dock which they loved. Then, Largo Bar and Grill cooked their fish for a family feast that night. It was great... All convenient because of location!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn