“We couldn't have picked a better place” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #49 of 130 Hotels in Miami
SAINT LOUIS
“We couldn't have picked a better place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Very nice hotel in the heart of things. Right across the street from the Boardwalk Mall area. There is a ton of FREE public transportation right outside the front door. No need to even use a car.

The lobby was very nice and inviting. Our room was very nice, clean and well appointed. There was a nice little kitchenette area with a refrigerator and microwave and sink. I would definitely stay here again. We did not swim, but the pool looked a little small.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear ROBERT M,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami! We are happy you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed all we have to offer. We have a wonderful team and are fortunate to have the best location near so much Miami has to offer. Please come back and visit us on your next trip back to Miami.

Warm Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was very good stay. The hotel was very nice, the rooms were very clean and the service was excellent. The staff was friendly, very helpful and very attentive. The location was perfect. It was directly across from the shopping center Bayside Market. There were plenty of places to eat in their food court and lots of places to shop. The atmosphere of the area was great. It was the perfect place to stay and relax the day before our cruise.

Room Tip: rooms at the front of the hotel have an awesome view of the cruise port.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Dear VirtualDiva,

Thank your for your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. I am happy you enjoyed the staff, location, rooms, cleanliness and all we have to offer. It is great that we are centrally located and easy to get to so much the Miami area has to offer.

We hope to see you back soon on your next visit to Miami!

Winchester VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was a major disappointment. I arrived at the hotel after 11 p.m., and the clerk was friendly, but he didn't seem too motivated. My room was smelly from deodorizer, so I'm wondering what smells and fungus they were covering up. In need of updating, the walls had chipped paint and the bathroom was a bit moldy. OK, I can live with that for a night or two, especially since the sheets and towels were clean. BUT...the internet didn't work. I called down to the front desk, and the fellow said that the maintenance crew would check it out in the morning. This was not what I was looking for, but my cell phone received LTE, so OK. The next morning before I went to meetings I checked at the front desk and there was no record of my complaint. The nice woman suggested that I could change rooms and also said that she would get the maintenance crew on the case. I declined the room change for lack of time. No one ever repaired the internet service in my room, though I was able to quickly get onto their wi-fi in the lobby.

The restaurant is down-scale institutional, but both the evening bar tender and my breakfast wait staff were outstanding.

The location was great, but there are too many negatives here. For a cheap space that's moderately clean but otherwise downscale, this property is just adequate. I travel on business and feel that the place just doesn't meet even my modest needs. Not for me next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear themajortraveler,

I appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am very sorry about the issues you had and I can assure you this is not in keeping with our usual high standards. I apologize for your internet problems, which is not an issue we normally have in the hotel. I did not receive any other comments about not getting internet during your stay so I am not sure what happened. I thank you for your comments so we can insure we improve in the areas you mentioned.

Thank you!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

your staff made me feel welcomed from day 1. compliments especially to Emma who did an exceptional job and has a great personality. the buffet was incredible couldn't ask for a better one. I totally enjoyed my 6 nights there.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear mrchin441,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami and for the feedback you gave us. I am very happy you had a terrific stay! It was great to hear you especially enjoyed our staff, who really do care about our guests and making their experience exceptional. We hope to see you soon on your next trip to Miami.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here September 1st 2013. We made reservations to stay at the HIPOM so that we could arrive a day before our cruise. The hotel location was perfect. We were directly across the street from Bayside, so we were able to get our vacation started early. Bayside had great shopping in the daytime, great dining, bars and entertainment and since it was labor day weekend, there was a huge late night party that was great.

The hotel is a quick ride from Miami International. The fare was $25.

Our room had an awesome view of the bridge to the port and Bayside. We arrived in Miami early and check in at the hotel wasn't until 3 pm but they allowed us to check in early because our room was ready. The room was nice. Comfortable bedding (like most Holiday Inns), bathroom was a little small but it was clean.

There is a restaurant inside the hotel. We ate breakfast there the morning we left to embark on our cruise. Very good continental breakfast + buffet. Reasonably priced for the added items on the buffet. Good service from the staff there as well.

The staff were very nice. From Check-in to checkout, everyone we came into contact with was very nice.

The hotel is a very quick cab ride to the port. The fare was $7.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the port and Bayside!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear VJ Haughton,

Thank you for your great comments regarding your stay with us! We are glad you loved the location, hotel, staff and all that we have to offer in our wonderful location. We are so near a lot that Miami has to offer- restaurants, nightclubs, shopping and everything else. We hope to see you back in the near future!

Shirley, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Pros: This is a nice hotel, not 4 star but nice & clean. We have stayed here 5 times and have never been disappointed. Pricing is decent. Breakfast is average/good. Service has always good. We've stayed in the regular rooms which tend to be a little small but if you are there for only one day then it is a good value. The king suites are great. They are a little pricier but if you are staying for a couple of days it is well worth it. They are roomier and on the upper levels so the view is very nice. Bathrooms are still small but I don't spend that much time in the bathroom to even make it a small problem. Beds are very comfy and the room is very clean. I am a smoker, so when I heard that they had gone completely smoke-free I was worried. It really is amazing how much cleaner a room seems when you can't smell smoke residue. And the elevator ride downstairs and walk outside isn't really that bad. The breakfast is average & does cost extra. Eggs, pancakes/waffles, potatoes, bacon/sausage, cereals, fruits, breads, bagels, oj & most important...coffee. In the last 5 years we have been there 5 times and the waitress we had remembered me & I her, from a couple of years ago.

Cons: If you are on one of the lower floors you could wait 30+ mins for an elevator if you are going on a cruise. Cruise days are VERY busy and with everyone coming down from the upper floors it takes forever to get an elevator with enough room for even one person and their luggage. TIP: If you are on a lower floor, press the "UP" button. There generally isn't anyone going up at that time and you will only have to wait a few minutes before getting to ground level.

There are 2 great points to this hotel...1st it is a $10 & 5 minute taxi ride to the cruise ships which is the only reason we ever stay in Miami. 2nd Bayside Marketplace is right across the street.

This is a good value all the way around. If you are going on a cruise this is THE place to stay.

Room Tip: King rooms/suites are the best. They are on the upper floors which gives a good view and easy access...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Jeanne M,

We appreciate your time in giving us feedback after your stay with us! So glad you love the staff and all the hotel has to offer and what a great value it is. I also am appreciative of the feedback that can make us better and have shared your comments with my team. Thanks again for letting us know about your great stay with us!

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Staying here the night before our cruise. The lobby is a little musty smelling but everything is clean. They have a great location near Bayside Mall. The bathroom is small but it is clean. The bed is comfortable. We got a great nights sleep!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Pam D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami! I am happy you enjoyed your stay and the location near so many things. We hope you will visit us again on your next trip to Miami!

Regards,

Been to Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!