“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 130 hotels in Miami
Port Huron, Michigan
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was a little skeptical about this hotel after reading some less than stellar reviews but I have to say, I had a wonderful experience here. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I slept very welll here and I don't usually sleep well in any hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. As soon as our shuttle from the airport pulled up outside the hotel there was a bell man there to help us carry in all our bags. We used the hotel shuttle service for transportation to the cruise port the next morning. it was a very reasonable $5 per person. Even with all the chaos with the Miami Heat victory parade closing down roads we were still at the port in plenty of time and on the ship by 10:30. I also loved the proximity to Bayside Market across the street. The only bummer was we were told we would have a view of the port and we were certainly FACING that way but since we were only on the 4th floor, all we had was a view of the street and palm trees. You could not see the port from our room. All in all though, I loved staying here and will certainly stay again the next time I cruise out of Miami!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alejandro N, Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
First of all, we would like to extend our appreciation for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. At the same time we are pride that the high expecations were met and at the same time we would like to welcome you back to our premises during your next cruise to Miami from the Holiday Inn Family!!

1,197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights when we came to Miami. All I can say is wow, and not wow good. We arrived an hour before check in and our room wasn't ready which is fine we were told come back at 3 and our room would be ready. We came back, then had to wait 40mins before our room was ready for us. We then got put in a room right next to the lift, which bangs and dings in every floor. Whenever people walk past your room it sounds like they're coming in your room. The lobby smells all mouldy and wet. The pool is the size of a backyard pool, if not smaller. Tried to do washing and the washing machine wouldn't work, so I thought i'd use the phone and call someone. The phone didn't work. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Holiday Inn Port of Miami – Downtown. Our sincerest apologies that the inconveniences you experienced led to a less than perfect stay at our hotel. Please know that reviews like yours receive high priority attention so that corrective measures can be taken. I assure you we have addressed your comments with the staff. 100% guest satisfaction and service are top priorities! If your travels ever bring you back will reconsider and visit us again please give us the opportunity to make up for the shortcomnigs experienced. Sincerely from the Holiday Inn Family!!
Gourock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This holiday inn was ideal for our overnight stay, it was located right across the street from the Bayside shops and restaurants. The hotel staff are excellent very friendly and helpful, the rooms are a bit 'tired' looking but clean and comfortable. The hotel claims that there is some renovation taking place, however I did not see any evidence of this so I would suggest that whilst the renovation is taking place the guest could be provided with a free breakfast as the hotel was quite expensive given its 'tired' look. But still all things considered i would still recommend for overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, we would kindly Thank You for your feedback about your hotel experience. As you had mentioned, our location is superb and very convenient to reach to any destination in the area. At the same time we apologize if you had experience any shortcomings as the hotel is going through vital renovations to better service our hotel guests. We will definetely would like to welcome you back to our hotel and make up for any expectation that was not met from the Holiday Inn Family!!!! Cheers~
Summerton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Thankfully, my husband read more about the hotel parking than I did. We missed our turn to get to the parking lot which is located behind the hotel but we got around to where we needed to be. The Holiday Inn Express at the Port of Miami has 200 rooms and parking for approximately 50 vehicles. We got a parking place and decided we would not move the car until we were leaving to go to the ship. Since the parking is in the rear of the hotel, you go through the pool area to get to the lobby. Thankfully there are signs to get you where you need to go.

As I walked into the lobby of the Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami, I was impressed. It was nicely decorated and spacious. (There was a note in the brochure given to us about the hotel that indicated that they are in the last phase of an extensive renovation). Cool without being cold in temperature. The gentleman who checked us in, Montana, was very personable and helpful. Do not know if he really gave us the best room they had but he sold me on it. Did receive some perks as a priority club member (no charge for parking) but not what I normally get (bottle of water and a snack). However I will take the free parking (charge is $12 a day). I can buy my own water and snack. There is a CVS approximately 1.5 blocks south on the same side of the road as the hotel. Montana made sure to provide me with info on the hotel including the restaurant (no complimentary breakfast like many HI), pool hours, wifi info, elevator location and a brochure on the Bayside Marketplace which is located across the street from the hotel. There are 3 elevators for 10 floors. One was working and honestly, it was a little bit of a bumpy ride. The other elevators were working by the next evening and a much smoother ride. We arrived at our floor and went into our room. If Montana is right and we have the best room available, then he did not lie. 10th floor facing east towards the Bayside Marketplace and the Port of Miami. Very roomy. I did think the mattress had seen better days. I sat down then laid down on the king sized bed and proceeded to automatically roll into the bed. Weeeeeeeeeee! Lol! May need to update the mattresses.
We decided to walk over to the marketplace, eat and get some exercise after traveling all day. Enjoyed what they had to offer but we were very tired and decided to go back to the hotel to call it a night. Bed slept ok (weeeeee) and not much noise that we could hear. Of course that may have been because we were so tired. Not sure. Will stay here again and suggest others stay here especially if you are going on a cruise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the pro(s) and con(s) of your hotel stay which give us the opportunity to learn and improve at the same time. While I am pleased with the good comment, please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.
Puerto Rico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Was my second stay in this hotel in the last two years. Both were very good experiences.
Room and facilities very clean and courteous personnel. Good restaurant with reasonable prices.
Good parking facilities with 24 hours security. Shopping Center (Bay Side Shopping) is across the street, with fast foods and a variety of different stores.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Alejandro N, Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear guest, it gives a great pleasure to know that we met once again the high expectation of your hotel stay overall. Everyday we strive and most important take every effort to deliver great service to our guests. We would definitely look forward to welcome you again in your third visit to Miami on behalf of the Holiday Inn Family!!
philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The hotel's location is very convenient since it is beside the bayside and the American Airlines arena. We were there during the NBA game 7 finals were the Miami Heat won the championship. There sure was a crowd in the bayside area. parking was full so it was very convenient for us to be right beside it.
The rooms were clean, the room quite large for the value we paid for. One problem they had was the elevator. It was always out of order and the wait is sometimes long.
They were very helpful when they helped us with our car requirement and directions.
I was just disappointed when I requested the hotel if I could leave my baggage while I go to Puerto Rico since I was going back to the same hotel in 2 days. I guess they say it was a federal government policy not to allow leaving of baggages.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the view of the bayside and AA arena
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, Thank You for choosing Holiday Inn Port of Miami as your hotel of preference. We appreciate your valuable comments. As you had mentioned, the hotel is in a prime location within walking distance from the most popular areas in Downtown Miami. At the same time we would like to apologize as the hotel is going through high level renovations to provide a better product to our loyal guests. Indeed we would like to welcome back to our promises and see you in the near future!!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Good location but the room was very small and dated( but clean) we had city view but there wasn't a balcony where we could stay and enjoy. The outside pool was great but has a lack of view :(
The front staff it seamed to me a bit off as we had to wait for their help several occasions -not being on front or changing their shift and avoiding the guest- I had the feeling that this had to do with the fact that I was there with my friends, all being in our 20s; you know event if we are not wearing the "tie" but the casual clothes(vacation)it doesn't mean we don t need the help and attention . The staff was more attentive to the older guests. We re still paying the same price for the rooms.aftet a few bad experiences with FD we avoided the area and enjoyed the vacation !
Great breakfast bar!

• Stayed July 2012
First of all, we would like to say Thank You for choosing our hotel for your stay. At the same time, we would like to apologize if the perception perceive was not a great one. We definitely strive to deliver great service to every single guest everyday without any exception at all. We will definitely address your statement and will take proper action accordingly. We will kindly ask you to give us an opportunity to turn things around for a better perspective. We look forward to see you again in the near future.

Been to Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!