My father and I came down to Miami for a cruise. We stayed at the hotel just one night. I picked this hotel because it was close to the Port of Miami and the transit line. Also the Bayside Market is directly across the street. There are some good restaurants and shops there. It's also located a couple of blocks from the American Airlines arena.
The negative side to the hotel was that they only have three elevators. One of the elevators was out of order and the other two had issues with the doors closing from time to time. While we were there, we had to wait a good amount of time for one of the elevators to come to our floor. This may be fine when the hotel is not too busy.
The continental breakfast was okay. All the fruit, pastries, and cereal were free but if you wanted anything from the hot side or juice, there is a charge. The only free beverages are water and coffee.
I would say that I was disappointed some with this hotel. I've stayed at many Holiday Inns and this has to be one of the lowest grade I've stayed in. I can't say if I would stay there again or recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn