We spent 2 nights in this Holiday Inn before leaving for a cruise. Check in quick and easy, 2 free drink vouchers as I'm a Priority Club Member. We checked in early and our room wasn't ready, but they stored our luggage while we went out for a couple of hours. Our room, 1009, on 10th floor was spacious, clean and comfortable - bathroom so, so, but it is a Holiday Inn, so wasn't expecting miracles. The price was also pretty good - Miami hotels are really expensive this time of the year and the HI was very competitive.
The location was perfect for us. Great view of Bayside Market (just across the street) and the cruise ship terminals. Fun to watch the ships dock and sail from this vantage point. Also, there was a fireworks display the first night - fun to watch from our room. We ate breakfast at the hotel and it was okay; there was actually a menu, not just obligatory stale donuts or over-sweet excuses for Danish Pastries that pass for food in short-stay hotels.
The best thing for us was the fact that it was so close to the Port of Miami, so after we checked out, we were at the terminal in 5 minutes - always plenty of taxis.
If we decide to cruise again, we would definitely stay there, but not more than a couple of nights. If we were to spend more time in Miami, I would prefer to stay in South Beach.
One minor gripe - the elevators need to work more efficiently. Check out is 11am and we had to wait over 10 minutes for an elevator to stop at our floor to take us down to the lobby.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Otel, Hotwire, Olotels, Agoda, Priceline, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.