My wife and I use this Holiday Inn the night prior to boarding a cruise ship. Flying down from Boston in the winter is always iffy so the night before insures we make the sailing. This HI is absolutely the best location for this situation as it is directly across the street from the American Airlines Arena (should you want to catch a Heat game) and an outdoor marketplace with many places to eat and stores to browse.
The check-in process absolutely sucked. I got into the PriorityClub Rewards check in line with only the person at the check-in counter ahead of me and I began to think she was buying the dam hotel she was taking so long and the check-in person was running to the back room so often. During this interminable wait, not one of the other 3 check-in people waived me over. I finally wormed my way into another line only to find out that my room was not ready at 4:00 PM (at least I got 2 drink vouchers for the bar). Leaving my cell phone #, after 30 minutes (room promised in 20 min.) I went back to the check-in to learn my room had been ready for 15 min. (at least I got another 2 drink vouchers for the bar). I guess if you time things right you can get drunk on them before you go to your room.
The room was fine, a bit small but serviceable, and part of the 100% renovation so very new and contemporary, plus free wifi.
So, discounting check-in mis-management (room management) I would recommend the hotel for that area of Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn