If this hotel was not RIGHT across the street from Bayside, I would never stay here again. Hopefully nearby hotels will shuttle us to Bayside in the future. My group of five was here a year ago and had many complaints. Well they finished the lobby and it is beautiful. The restaurant is open and the food and service was okay. We got $5 off our restaurant bill 3 times a day. They did give us adjoining rooms like we asked for so that was fine. Staff was very very friendly and helpful but seemed to linger for tips., even after they got one – guess they wanted more. Now the bad part. The lobby is the only part renovated. They were working on the elevators the three days we were there and that made us nervous. The elevator door got jammed once for only for a very long 30 seconds. The rooms were clean and okay but are not renovated yet so they were the same – bathrooms need a total makeover. When we booked this year, we found out it had turned into NO SMOKING. With 4 smokers in the group, we knew we would have to go outside to smoke but since it is in Miami and such a good location, we figured why not try it. When we checked in we were told we could smoke out front or that there was a “nice smoking area set up by the pool and we would have lots of company”. Well if you look at the photo of the lobby taken from the front door you will see the pool area in the background but THERE IS NO WAY TO ENTER THE POOL FROM THE LOBBY!” To enter the pool we had one of 2 options: 1. Go out the back door onto the street, walk down the street, turn the corner, go through the parking lot and then enter the pool area or 2. Go through the service elevator, down a long hallway under construction, pass the dumpsters, and enter the pool. Needless to say nobody was swimming. Who wants to go down the street or through the parking lot in their bathing suit? And they only had two ashtrays set out. A year ago my review said “wait until they finish the renovations”. Well, maybe next December. We will keep our fingers crossed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn