“Good Location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 130 hotels in Miami
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed there prior to cruise to Bahamas, The hotel is in a good location if you are planning a cruise from Miami and is also close to the Bayside marketplace and the American Airlines Arena if you are going to see a concert.etc.
There is a good restaurant on-site but the rooms are a bit basic and dated.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

1,167 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I inadvertently booked and advance paid for hotel...during March 2013 spring break period. When I realized the booking error I immediately called hotel 800 reservations and hotel general manager directly to cancel explaining that I meant to hold the rooms not advance book and pay. They refused to cancel the reservation without me losing the total cost that was charged to my credit card for each hotel room! I am extremely disappointed with Holiday Inn...and their "alleged" inability to issue a refund. I mean really it was an online mistake that I tried to correct immediately. WHY can't Holiday Inn issue me a refund and put those rooms back into their inventory. I am certain that they can get those rooms booked in the next three months for spring break!!! In the meantime I am stuck with a huge hotel bill for the holidays and hotel rooms I don't need for March 2013.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Jorge C, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

We have reviewed this type of reservation and found you had booked on a restricted rate type, with a full pre-payment requirement. These restrictions are normally not flexible. You are automatically charged upon booking your reservation or anytime prior to your check-in. This rate is non-cancellable and non-refundable, a policy which is explained online before you guarantee the reservation.

While we certainly regret any inconvenience this may cause and as previously advised, we are unable to refund due to the terms originally agreed to at the time of booking. With this, Guest Relations would have to support the reservation restrictions.

If rooms are available for your travel date, we will always offer the option of booking either restrictive (with cancellation/prepayment requirements) or non-restrictive (can be changed and cancelled without penalty) rates. This will allow you more flexibility in making your specific travel arrangements. For example: if you are certain about your travel plans, the restricted rate will be a consideration, whereas if your travel plans are less definite the unrestricted rate may better meet your needs.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs.

Decatur, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

The holiday in was ok. When we got here at 10:30 am the room "with a view" was not ready. The hotel kept our luggage and we walked directly across the street to Bayside. Literally across the street. Once we got in our room at 2:45 the rooms are nice to average. Flat screen LG tv, fridge and microwave. This hotel just looks like any standard hotel. They do have renovations underway. This hotel is very close to the cruise port, that is why I chose this hotel.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
College Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I recently stayed here for business reasons, having booked a number of rooms for myself and my workers. The hotel is absolutely sparkling clean, the bed was comfortable, with extra pillows and blankets right there. The walls do allow you to hear a bit of the next door neighbor's noise, but nothing disruptive. The location could not be better for either downtown or the Port. You have multiple restaurants and shops within a five minute walk. The morning buffet, which was not included in my room rate, but was reasonably priced, was excellent. I enjoyed dinner in the hotel restaurant when I was just too tired to walk anywhere. The restaurant staff was great. The internet worked perfectly and was included in the room rate. They also have a business office with computers for guests, a gym and an outdoor pool that are all very nice. The parking was limited, but we had no trouble at all, as most of the guests seem to be people starting out on or coming in from a cruise and do not have cars. But the most important thing to be said about this hotel is that the staff is fantastic. They were friendly, professional and above and beyond helpful. The gentleman that I dealt with upon arrival, William Valera, was a pleasure. I travel a great deal and I found this to be a real value. We will be returning!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of the Bay are really special.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Torrington, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This is an older property but resently refurbished. I found the hotel to be clean and bright. The lobby is kept spotless. The proximety to a CVS and eateries by walking is easy. It is a short cab or shuttle ride to the cruise ship port. The staff is outstanding.

Room Tip: Join the priority club when booking, you may be upgraded on arrival.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
kingston on canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

my family and i stayed here post cruise ,the staff wasnt very friendly , the internet didnt work as they said, the room was clean , somewhat outdated but the view was great overlooking the aa arena. was in a good location right in front of the marketplace where there are tons of shops and restaurants. if you are going to the aa arena this is the best place to stay just outside the front door 1 blk away. I took my son to a heat game and i was on crutches so was very convenient for me.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The room was ok...a bit cramped with 2 double beds. You had to move a table to be able to open/close the curtains. No upgrade provided, even to a king bed and I have a high level in their priority rewards program.

The pros:
Good Location across from Arena and Bayside shopping; Bed was comfortable, clean; Room Safe with key;Very nice restaurant staff;Nice view of the bay

The cons
*Parking is terrible. There are a limited number of spaces and the employees use most of them. I returned from a meeting to find the hotel lot full and the public lot behind the hotel also full. I was told by the front desk to try again after 11:00 pm when the employees leave. I had to park in the Bayside parking across the street and move my car at 11:30pm..not fun.
*Room service was 30 minutes late and then showed up with cold, burned toast.
*Front Desk Staff not very hospitable or helpful.
*Thin walls. You will hear everything from the people in the next room opening the curtains to someone coughing. If you need it quiet, be warned.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown? Share your experiences!