Recently we went on a transatlantic cruise starting from Miami. As we were going to spend a couple of days in Miami before the cruise, we decided - my husband and I, together with another couple - to look for a hotel close to the cruise terminal, but also lighter on the budget than the hotels recommended by the cruise company. We chose Holiday Inn Port of Miami, 340 Biscayne Blvd., 1 877 660-8550, and it was a very good choice.
The hotel is located about 5 minutes drive from the port, and there are always taxis available in front of the hotel. The rooms are comfortable with all necessary amenities, air conditioned, with a large walk-in-closet, coffee machine provided with all necessary ingredients for coffee and ea, and a large screen TV.
The reception staff was curteous and efficient, providing local information and maps. A comfortable and rather large and inviting lounge completed the main floor of the hotel, together with a dining area serving meals and drinks. We only had breakfast there, and we were very pleased with the quality and the service.
We were pleasantly surprised by two unexpected bonuses connected to the location of the hotel, besides the expected one - the proximity to our cruise departure area.
Across the main street bordering the hotel (Biscayne Blvd.) is Bayside Market, a lovely place containing about 100 shops, many restaurants, live entertainment along the open areas, sounds, smells and sights, all against the background of the ocean and the yachts moored everywhere. We spent a lot of time there, having great dinners, shopping for gifts, listening to Latin music, and just people watching. At night, it seems that all Miami comes there to have fun.
The other pleasant surprise was that behind the hotel is the line of the Metromover, a train with no conductor and free (really pleasant surprise), which takes you through the "inner loop" of the city, as well as through two other lines going in different directions. We spent a few hours just travelling and sightseeing from the comfort of the Metromover, and also had a chance to meet and converse with locals and get more information. The train has many stops and also connects to the subway and bus lines.
We definitely recommend this hotel to anyone planning a cruise from Miami, or just wanting to get a fairly inexpensive but good quality hotel in a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn