“Great hotel for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #62 of 130 hotels in Miami
Cincinnati
“Great hotel for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Wife and I stayed one night at Best Western Plus prior to Cruise. Very nice hotel with large, updated rooms. Hotel had free airport shuttle and furnished Cruiseport shuttle for $20 each. Hotel served very good free breakfast buffet from 6-10am. (eggs, waffles, bagels,cereal, muffins, etc.) Price was reasonable. I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
bestwmiami, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear James C

We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing such great comments about our rooms, amenities and breakfast variety. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

364 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here after a flight. As other reviews state this is a rather long drive from the airport with a rental car. This was my second stay and everything was standard but good. Nice spacy rooms, adequate complimentary breakfast and pool area. Would stay here again next time as just an overnight stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear MaartenVL:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed our nice and comfortable rooms and our hot and cold deluxe breakfast. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Port of Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 4 days. First impression, "oh this is nice", then I got to my room. The room smelt musky, kinda like stale carpet. That however did not deter me from staying (it fades once the ac is turned on). In my opinion it is just another Best Western, nothing great or fabulous about the building, in and of itself. A place to sleep and leave your luggage, when you're on a trip, you get "breakfast" there as well but you have options within walking distance.
The hotel is in a great area, close enough to the malls (not walking distance) and you do get a free shuttle. There are outlets within walking distance where you can get amazing cuisine, and popular drugstore is across the street, so are popular fast food franchises. The score on location is obviously high in my book (if you are looking for a close enough hotel to the airport with conveniences).
I must say the staff are really wonderful, I asked our room attendant for some extra shampoo and she gave me a hand full of shampoo, conditioner, lotion and extra shower cap...AWESOME!!!!! (left her a nice tip for that) The front desk clerks were friendly, accommodating and most welcoming (beyond what the "job" required).
I would recommend the hotel if you aren't looking for a fancy type of thing and just want convenience. Plus it's way better than what's available close by!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the top levels!!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
bestwmiami, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear customer:

We want to thank you for your feedback to our hotel. We love to know that you notice our great location,
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the smell on the room, but by telling us that we can improve and deliver a superior experience for you and other guest.
Please be assured that your comments have been share to all the team to continue improving our services in order to meet our guest expectations.
Once again, thank you for your feedback. We are looking forward to see you in the near future.

Carmen Iglesias, Assistant General Manager.
Dearborn
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

We chose this hotel as a Hotwire "Hot Deal" to stay upon a return from a cruise. We were there just one night and wanted to be close to the airport for an early morning flight.

I just don't understand how this can be considered an airport hotel when it is a 20 minute drive to get there? We pass a ton of hotels on the way just off the highway that are much closer. Enough said on that topic.

Room is a couch with a sitting area and desk, then the bed in another part of the room giving it the suite label. The only issue that there was only one TV in the bedroom at the foot of the bed and no TV in the sitting area. The NCAA playoffs were on and it was awkward trying to sit on the couch to try and watch TV. Shouldn't there be a better location for the TV or another one in the sitting area? Then the remote didn't work. Called down to the front desk and manager is literally yelling at me that I don't know how to use the remote and it does work. lol I'm a guy and if there is one thing I have mastered is the TV remote...just ask my wife! Then he tells me he will send someone up with a new remote. 45 minutes later I take the remote down to the front desk and remind him that he was supposed to send someone up. He grabs the remote from me and presses the buttons on it looking for the light for a minute or two and then announces "it must be the batteries!" He changes the batteries out and hands it back to me. I go back upstairs and try it again and it still doesn't work. Enough said on that topic.

After finding the TV controls on the back of the TV we get pretty good at changing channels so we can find the hotel information channel without the remote. The hotel information says that the breakfast starts at 6am on weekdays so we are happy that we can leave the room at 6 and grab a bite and still make it to the airport on time.

The next morning we wake up in a panic after setting our phone alarms and a wake up call for 5am. The clock by the bed says 5:45 and no alarms have gone off! We are going to miss our plane! We bolt upright out of bed and run over the the phones and it is only 4:45am. Someone had changed the clock or not changed the clock for the time change, but it should have been noticed by the housekeeping staff. After we realized we were still OK for time and grab a shower.

The tub was made of a plastic vinyl and moved when you walked in it. The walls were similar plastic. Not terrible, but really cheap looking and kind of set the tone for the hotel stay.

We go downstairs for breakfast at 6am and the room where they serve it is still dark. We go over to the desk and the clerk or manager says they now serve breakfast from 7am to 10am. We tell him it says 6am on the TV and he says he knows that and it that it needs to be changed. We tell him that 7am breakfast for business people is late and most are up and around earlier. He shrugged his shoulders saying he told his boss and he doesn't understand it either.

No time to argue, we leave the hotel for the airport. Spend $25 bucks at the airport on expensive breakfast.

Nothing major but very frustrating stay at this hotel! Needs better direction from the top.

Dear Guest:

I spoke to our time about all of your inconvenience and because we value your business, we would like to provide you with a 25% discount to use towards a future stay. When you are ready to use this discount, please contact me directly and I will personally assist you with your reservation.
I also authorize the Office Manager to reimburse the money you spend on your breakfast at the airport. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Thank you again.

Thank you again.
Waterloo, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed one night in the hotel, and the experience was not good. Bathroom water pressure was bad and hardly had hot water. WiFi signal was weak and couldn't connect to. The bedding of the sofa bed did not feel good either.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Guest:

Thank you for you patronage. I am sorry to learn of your recent experience while staying at our hotel. I assure you this in not typical of the service we normally provide. By letting us know about your experience you are helping us serve you better. Again, I do apologize this stay was not a pleasant stay. Please come back soon and we would like another chance to serve you better.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

The Suite was more than I expected. I was very satisfied with the location to the airport and FIU. I was in Miami visiting my grandsons who attend FIU. The staff was very nice to them as well as myself. Although they went back to their dorms to sleep, they spent a great deal of time with me there and I had no problems. The rooms were clean, the staff was polite. the breakfast was good, it was nice to not to have to go out to eat breakfast. We even enjoyed the pool a couple of times. I was very pleased and would stay there again and recommend them to others.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwmiami, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Guest:

Thank you very much for your nice comments you made on Trip Advisor. Our staff take a lot of pride in providing all our guest a wonderful and unique guest experience.
I will share your comments with the staff and we would like to thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to your next visit in our beautiful city.

Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed one night pre cruise. 15 minutes from the airport, 25 minutes to the port.
Hotel was clean, room was fair size. Morning breakfast next to lobby, eggs, bacon, fruits , croissants, toast etc
Outside pool. Very close to Dolphin and International mall, may 5-6 minutes by car.
Reception staff was pleasant and efficient.
Few restaurants nearby.

Overall good stay

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest:
Thank you for making Best Western Plus Miami Airport West your choice for hotel accommodations in Miami. We are grateful that we could make your stay comfortable. We hope to see you again!

Thank you.
Carmen Iglesias, Assistant General Manager.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!