“Great trip” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 129 hotels in Miami
Massapequa, New York
“Great trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean, staff very helpful, breakfast was a great plus. Accommodations clean. Only finding the place wasn't easy. A 15 minute drive turned into an hour. I guess we just missed the road and not used to the Miami roads.

Room Tip: Rent a car with GPS if not familiar with the roads. Stayed on the first floor and it was very restf...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
bestwmiami, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the feedback! It is wonderful to hear from our valued repeat customers and appreciate your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

379 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brampton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a fairly nice hotel, but the rooms need to be maintained a lot better. We were in room 325 on August 28th 2013, and the shower kept leaking water everywhere. This seemed to have been an ongoing problem because we noticed water stains on the carpet in our room. We were told that the maintenance staff would be there, but we were happy to leave the next morning when we did. We originally booked for a family stay, and asked for 2 queen beds, but were put into a room with a king and a pull-out. My kids ended up on the King with us as then didn't like the pull-out. My kids did enjoy the pool though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking your time to completed this review and hope you will accept apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. We are very disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for all our guests. Our staff will also be aware of your comments and we will take immediate corrective action. We want to let you know that we fix the problem in room 325 and also we have redone most of our bath tubs recently. Hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you are in Miami. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.
Best Regards,
ciglesias, Assistant General Manager.
Ft Walton Beech, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a very nice hotel with well trained staff, comfortable beds and clean rooms. Unlike most hotels their idea of breakfast was of high quality, could only be improved if the plates were china and the knives and forks were metal. The receptionists are very charming and know the local ares very well. if you enjoy a good high quality evening meal - do ask them for directions to the Italian one block away - this is as good as being in Italy. I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of the staff at Best Western PLUS Miami Airport West, I would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and your family. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us in the near future.
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

After my second stay at this hotel in two years, I can conclude

Pros
1. Accommodation is comfortable
2. Shuttle service is convenient
3. Front desk staff and housekeepers are courteous and helpful
4. Hotel is close to Dolphin and Miami International Malls (free by hotel shuttle and $10 by cab)
5. Hotel is close to eating places like Wendy's, Chick Fil a and Pollo Tropical

Cons
1. The complimentary breakfast needs to be improved. I got tired eating the same things morning after morning.
2. The shuttle driver was impolite, rude and dismissive. He acted as if he had personal problems. You would be attempting to ask him a question and he would lift his hands to tell you wait. At other times he would walk off while answering you briefly.
3. Pool needs to be cleaned more often. The trees hanging over had it in a mess.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

When traveling for business I have many options of where to stay. I always stay at the Best Western Plus Airport West Inn & Suites when in Miami because all of the employees make me feel like I'm at my second home. The accommodations are always perfect, clean, and updated.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

New Smyrna Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Extremely friendly staff. My room was very comfortable. Bed was great and pillows were perfect. I was so surprised when I checked in to see how spacious the rooms are. My room had a refrigerator and a microwave and a large flat screen television. The staff was always smiling and helpful whenever I needed advice or suggestions.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nassau, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My trip in Miami was pretty short. As a family, we were on our way to a five day Western Caribbean Cruise - Key West and Mexico. We had an excellent arrival and departure experience. Prior to our arrival to the hotel, my children, 8 years old, and convinced me to stay at Best Western and they believed its slogan, "stay with people who care". They had seen the commercial on television and managed me to change my hotel to Best Western Hotel. They enjoyed the swimming pool but most of all the video game and flat screen television in the bedroom. As a mother, I found the laundry room facilities, most useful, The complimentary breakfast was a plus. We enjoyed it. Our departure, was facilitated expediously, as we were on our way to a cruise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!