“Fuggettabout it!” 3 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #61 of 129 Hotels in Miami
“Fuggettabout it!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Last minute reservation because I missed flight. Made reservation at 7:30pm (non refundable). The "complimentary" shuttle from airport to hotel finally arrived at 9:50pm, after 4 calls! Coffee carafe missing from room. Apparently the carafe wasn't missing....it's not provided; you're supposed to use the disposable cups! (That's what they told me). No time for coffee/breakfast .... they fail to tell you that the shuttle only operates once an hour (& they're only 5 miles from a major international airport). The staff was pleasant, but unfortunately for them, there are many hotels to chooae from. Very disappointing.

• Stayed June 2013
yuryjesus, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for your cooperation in taking the time to complete this review following your visit to our property. Please know that your comments have been reviewed in detail with our staff and steps have been taken to ensure these faults are solved promptly and impeccably for our guests.
More information regarding our complementary services are available at our website. Again, I would like to thank you for staying at our hotel. I hope the misunderstanding concerning our complementary services will not deter you from staying with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Caguas, null, Puerto Rico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

First of all this hotel have a nice out-looking but when you go inside you see that this hotel is not worth the price. Stayed on 2nd floor at room 208. Room have a smell like where recently painted. So if you ask for a non smoking room because you're asthmatic they will send you to one but with paint smell, so what is worse? Carpet had a multiple stains, beds had hairs on it as the bathtub. Bathtub had mold in the corners. Towels had hairs. Had an old tv that every time you turned on they make a crash itself and go to CAMP mode. Rude staff. When I went to front desk to change the iron for 3rd time they trate me like a dumb. If you want to waste your money come here, if not stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go to BAYMONT that is next door.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for comments concerning your stay. I appreciate your taking the time to completed this review and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.
I am disappointed we failed to give you the fine accommodations and consideration we strive for all our guests. I have investigated your comments and will take steps to ensure that the problems you experienced do not happen again. My staff will also be made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate corrective action. Hope you will give us a chance to redeem ourselves the next time you are in Miami. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one as we illustrate that what happened to you was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.

Yuri J. Ambrosio
Assitant General Manager
Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Overall my stay at this hotel was good. I found the front desk to be very friendly and approachable but very slow. If you only have a few hours to check out the city like I did, avoid Bayside and head straight for Miami Beach. It was disappointing how both the front desk and cab driver pushed me to go there instead, only to find a huge tourist trap when I got there. If you enjoy pushy sales people, cheap trinkets and overpriced dining then Bayside is definitely the place to go. The cab driver also repeatedly told me how dangerous downtown was on a Sunday and that I definitely should not walk around. I felt completely safe and even saved myself $45 to take public transit back to the hotel (take it to the airport and then call the hotel shuttle to pick you up).

I found the breakfast to be quite abysmal. I came down about 30 minutes before it was over, and there was basically rubbery eggs and bacon left. There was not even any bread for toast!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
yuryjesus, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff, I would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you. We try in every way possible to offer you the finest in service, forever mindful that our guests deserve the best treatment. We have added extra seating to our breakfast area to fix the problem you experienced. Thank you for your patronage and hope you will stay with us in the near future.
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I spent 6 days at the hotel and it was such a wonderful stay. From the reservation process Yuri the assistant general manager was so helpful.I could depend on him when I got there as well to give me any Information I needed. Our room was spacious and clean. It was equipped with a microwave and mini fridge which was very convenient. The housekeeping staff that serviced our room daily did a good job each time.We visited trip advisor prior to booking the hotel and we came across some negative comments which from my experience were not true. On arrival to the airport we gave the frontdesk a call who sent the shuttle over for us. The ride to the hotel was about half hour which wasn't too long in my opinion. One of the shuttle drivers "German" was very funny he had my boyfriend and I laughing for the entire ride he also gave us advice on things to do in Miami. That friendly encounter was one of our highlights. I took advantage of the the complimentary wifi and the complimentary computer room. I also used the shuttles for the Dolphin mall and Miami International mall that were complimentary as well. My suggestion would be if you are going to get the shuttle you should get there on time as they pick up from another hotel next door as well. Strategically placed on each level was a drink and snack machine which I found very convenient. As I was on vacation mode I had no interest in the gym but at least it was available and complimentary. Breakfast was great! there was quite a few options on the buffet and there was also someone replenishing if things ran out.Over all the service was good and the facilities and what was offered was great. I would definitely reccommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
It is always gratifying to know that our performance was effective and appreciated. I am grateful you took the time to let us know of your satisfaction. I am passing your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We look forward to your return.
Belize City, Belize
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

the best western is a hotel it has a flat screen television.
it has two beds. it is very nice. it is near the airport.we were visiting we were from belize it is great
you have to go on a taxi we stayed there for one day it is a great area it is in doral the rooms are clean it is basic the shuttle service is 11 pm.

patrick faber

Room Tip: it is clean
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
yuryjesus, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review. We appreciated your comments and look forward to serve you in the near future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a few nights after our cruise. We had stayed here before and although the hotel is pretty basic it was comfortable. However this time the hotel itself is ok and the staff at reception are friendly enough, the shuttle drivers though( except one) weren't very friendly, not sure if due to the fact they do not speak English very well. If you stay here you MUST DRIVE !!! Although places like Dolphin mall and Wallmart are near NB not walking distance, the taxi drivers do not like taking you there and back because it is a short drop and if they do decide to take you they are VERY RUDE and let you know that you are wasting their time with a short drop. This is not the hotels fault but as I said before nice, comfortable hotel if you drive, speaking Spanish helps as well.

• Stayed April 2013
yuryjesus, Assitant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
On behalf of the staff at Best Western PLUS Miami Airport West, I would like to thank you for allowing us the opportunity to serve you and you family. I am passing on your comments, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay with us in the near future.
cambridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Do not be fooled. This hotel is not close to Miami airport - it is a long way from the airport. If you don't mind this fact then it's fine. Hotel is clean and basically does what it 'says on the tin'. It's basic, clean and functional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
yuryjesus, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for notifying us about you experienced at our property. We are very concerned that a misunderstanding like this could happen and I wish to apologize. Our property is located 7 miles west from Miami International Airport and we offer a complementary shuttle. For more information regarding our complementary services, please visit our hotel's website. Hope this inconvenience will not keep you from returning to the Best Western PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites the next time you are in Miami, Florida.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!