“Hotel was nice, shuttle driver was not!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #54 of 129 Hotels in Miami
Thunder Bay, Canada
“Hotel was nice, shuttle driver was not!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way back from a recent cruise. The hotel front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. They let us store our suitcases until check in time. We then took the shuttle to the mall. The shuttle driver did not smile, was not friendly and was rude. We had this same shuttle driver to the airport the next day and were met with that same attitude. He was rude to passengers, never smiled and missed our stop at the airport. When he did finally pull over to the curb, he never apologized and a fellow passenger helped us unload our luggage, not the driver. The hotel was nice, the breakfast was great and it was a good deal for the price. However, you should replace the shuttle bus driver, because he was so negative on the whole experience.
The front desk staff recommended an Italian restaurant just down the street and it was wonderful. Visit Divieto, 10650 NW 41st Street for a great dining experience. The hotel will give you a coupon for a free appetizer! A restaurant you don't want to miss.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

Last year waited over 2hrs for shuttle so made arrival later this year, but still waited almost 4hrs for shuttle??Unexceptable. Will not stay again, also found carpet in room filthy and smelly...Very disappointing for us cause we liked the sourronding area but saw other shuttles of hotels go by the airport over and over again but not best western plus. We called once after waiting an hour and talked to another couple who had called hotel 4 times.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Athens, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I booked this hotel the night before a cruise. i got to the Miami airport at 5:30 and I went to the hotel shuttle area and waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, after 2 calls to the hotel, the shuttle comes at 6:50. We drive around the airport and pick up other guests. One couple told me they had waited THREE hours for the shuttle. I asked why they didn't take a cab, and they said that there were a hundred people in line for a cab, and that the hotel kept assuring them that the shuttle was on its way. Once I was on the shuttle, I was told that the hotel was 40 minutes away! What??!! It was no where near the airport!
Check in was sloowww-at least 45 minutes. I got into my room after 8:00 p.m. and was starving. It was pouring down rain. I was told at the front desk that there were a few restaurants a 10 or 15 minute walk away. Asked if they had an umbrella I could borrow-no, of course not. Anyway, I wasn't so sure about wondering the back streets of Miami. Also, no lounge on the property and at this point I needed a drink!
Ended up ordering in spaghetti ($30).
The room was large, modern and comfortable.
The next day I was told a shuttle would take guests to the cruise port. Another hour wait and the driver managed to cram a ton of people in his van. Cost was only $15, as the port was not far. I've stayed at La Quinta per-cruise before, but it was booked this time.
This would be very low down on my list of miami hotels. Look elsewhere if you need a shuttle or dinner.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Red Deer, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our family stayed here after our Carnival cruise Feb 16/13. We arrived 3 hours early and they did allow us to store our luggage in another room until our room was available at 3 pm. Our room was on the ground level, was very loud at night, lots of noise from the lobby. Room was very clean, lacking towels!!! The beds are terrible, sleep in a v....very uncomfortable!! The best part of our staying here was the free breakfast in the mornings but you better get there early as seating is minimal. If you are needing a room for a night or two and you are just off a cruise, it will cost you $60 from the port to here....it's far! And if you are planning on going to the Sea Aquarium from here it's $60 each way....too far...there are other places that are a lot closer to the port. South Beach is $60 + to get to by cab from here as well. Nice place, just way out of the way of anything worth seeing!!!

Room Tip: lobby is loud at night...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Grand Cayman
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I called to ask about the free shuttle to the Airport and malls. The person who answered the phone didn't speak english, on hold five minutes. I wanted to stay there because of the free shuttle to the airport and malls. I didn't wnat to rent a car for one day.
The airport shuttle only runs once an hour even though they are five miles from the airport. The mall "shuttle" runs once at 10:00am then once at 8:00 PM. Ten hours at one mall is rediculous for a "shullte" . if the airport is only a few minutes away why wouldn't the mall shuttle pick people up on request? They told me to call a cab. I could rent a car for less than two cab rides. Don't advertise a service you don't give. I will never stay there because they over sell their services.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport West Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!